House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pioneer31

Bbc Continue The Spin

Guest pioneer31

Just seen the 6 '0' clock News. Item about some bloke who bought a £165k house in Wakefield and is chuffed to bits because it's cheaper than many others in the area. He didn't stop to think that maybe it's not a bargain because it cost £70k five years ago. More fool him

Not sure what the point of the article really was, except for another shameless attempt by the beeb to keep the myth going.

They injected the usual scare at the end fo the report by saying 'for those FTB's, the biggest purchase of your life is gettng more and more expensive'

I think the beeb get some kind of kick out of this reporting. HAHAHAHAHA FTB's you're locked out. We're alright Jack!!!

Thankfully I can see that prices are FROZEN in the NW and have been for some while. So, they haven't fooled me.

saw this myself. SHAMELESS SPIN - house prices only go UPPPPPPPPP :blink:

I live in the North West too [Liverpool to be precise and the houses have been rising and rising since January. I can't understand why people are falling for this propaganda and still buying.

Just seen the 6 '0' clock News. Item about some bloke who bought a £165k house in Wakefield and is chuffed to bits because it's cheaper than many others in the area. He didn't stop to think that maybe it's not a bargain because it cost £70k five years ago. More fool him

Not sure what the point of the article really was, except for another shameless attempt by the beeb to keep the myth going.

They injected the usual scare at the end fo the report by saying 'for those FTB's, the biggest purchase of your life is gettng more and more expensive'

I think the beeb get some kind of kick out of this reporting. HAHAHAHAHA FTB's you're locked out. We're alright Jack!!!

Thankfully I can see that prices are FROZEN in the NW and have been for some while. So, they haven't fooled me.

According to the land registry average prices went UP 7.6% in the last year in the NW.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_d...tml/region2.stm

figures based on average of 25000 sales.

Guest pioneer31

It's not what I'm seeing and experiencing. Still, I may as well believe some **** and bull figures eh?

Edited by pioneer31

Have to agree with you there....although im south cumbria we are seeing daily repos going in EA,s windows...property staying static for last 3 months..now greater ratio are under new instruction at 10-13% lower...although average house price here is sig less than a lot of towns/cities,it still is the same in comparative terms with lower incomes to cost of living expenses.

Most pos + neg market moves slowly ripples out to have an effect on smaller towns from the richer south.....but maybe this time around the snowball will gather momentum from the less than affluent northern areas with a cause and effect.

Edited by northern numpty

Have to agree with you there....although im south cumbria we are seeing daily repos going in EA,s windows...property staying static for last 3 months..now greater ratio are under new instruction at 10-13% lower...although average house price here is sig less than a lot of towns/cities,it still is the same in comparative terms with lower incomes to cost of living expenses.

Most pos + neg market moves slowly ripples out to have an effect on smaller towns from the richer south.....but maybe this time around the snowball will gather momentum from the less than affluent northern areas with a cause and effect.

I imagine prices in Kendal to be still very ludicrously high and rising1 Am I correct? or are they starting to cool off?

It's not what I'm seeing and experiencing. Still, I may as well believe some **** and bull figures eh?

Okay I understand. The LR figures which are gathered from the legal documents exchanged when property changes hand, are not what you want to hear, so they must be "**** and bull figures".

Ah I have such respect for HPC people!

Okay I understand. The LR figures which are gathered from the legal documents exchanged when property changes hand, are not what you want to hear, so they must be "**** and bull figures".

Ah I have such respect for HPC people!

quality.

Well as the land registry figures clearly show that prices have been in decline for about 50% of britain since 2004...

do you accept that we have a HPC?

damn thing says its going up in Devon though... :(

still I am moving to London..

Thats all dead cheep isn't it?

I imagine prices in Kendal to be still very ludicrously high and rising1 Am I correct? or are they starting to cool off?

To a degree yes your correct that prices remain high.....and rising...but sales are down and unemployment for that area on the up.....a lot of 2nd holiday homes have inflated the area.

With every borough or county that has a downturn market you will probably find each have there own little Kendal, that other folk will base there findings on.....ie rising price.

I believe this is a falsified account for that area, as the main body of average priced propertys are swallowed up by higher end market, and a foolish reason to panic buy.

I was too a bit miffed at this report. It just talked about how great it was except for first time buyers, but that their 'investment' would only go up anyway.

Yeah, but it doesn't just apply to houses - EVERYTHING is getting more expensive

So, they said nothing aobut rampant inflation threating to engulf us all?

Guest X-QUORK

And still the Beeb bleat on about house price inflation winners FFS :rolleyes: . They just can't get it into their thick skulls that the only winners with rampant HPI are the exchequer and a minority of OOs who sell up to buy a smaller property in a cheaper area. Everyone else dips out big time, they are not winners.

The housing market has really opened my eyes to the shoddy standards of journalism at the BBC.

On yesterdays One O'Clock BBC1 news they had a piece on the Nationwide figures

House prices "seem to just go up, up, up and up!" proclaimed the presenter

In the analysis by the 'expert' he rolled out that affordability was stretched as a few years ago, house prices were 2.8x average salary, but now to get on ladder you had to pay 3.2x salary ?????? :blink::blink:

Seriously - this is the cr@p the BBC are putting out

Edited by jp1

They just can't get it into their thick skulls that the only winners with rampant HPI are the exchequer and a minority of OOs who sell up to buy a smaller property in a cheaper area.

Don't forget the mortgage lenders... :ph34r:

Guest X-QUORK

A link to a search for electric toothbrushes on Google...go on George, please let us know what you're thinking.