House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sam

I am sorry about the bad language, but sometimes the F word is appropriate, and this is one of those times.

It just cannot keep going on like this, i am pissed off, as i am sure many on this board are.

I earn well over £40K a year and yet i cannot afford a property, of course i could travel away from where i live and just maybe i could just about manage to afford a hovel.

So what do i do now to better myself even more, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME TONY AND GORDON.

I would not.....oh ******, i cannot even be bothered finishing that sentance, i am sick of the analysis, i am sick of reading "Ohhh the shit is really just about to hit the fan" on this board all the time, NO IT IS NOT.

More and more are coming into this Country, BTL *****ers are crowding them into the into their speculative pension funds, this Country is just getting worse.

Do any of you really think that Gordon Brown or Tony Blair give a toss, Blair is over in the States now sucking up to Bush, he is meeting Pals Arnie and Murdoch, the bloke is thinking of his own future.

Sorry about this rant, but i just want to lash out, i really want to start hurting someone(it is just not me), God help a BTL who has an attitude crosses my path tonight.

If Nu labor no longer want us to aspire to home ownership, then have the guts to say it. If i cannot afford to do it, then i am sure there are many others who cannot

****** ****** ******, i just want to fight, but who do you fight.

They took the bad language out anyway, cannot even unload on here, there are times and places when F*** is the only word that you can use, this was one of them :angry:

I am sorry about the bad language, but sometimes the F word is appropriate, and this is one of those times.

It just cannot keep going on like this, i am pissed off, as i am sure many on this board are.

I earn well over £40K a year and yet i cannot afford a property, of course i could travel away from where i live and just maybe i could just about manage to afford a hovel.

So what do i do now to better myself even more, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME TONY AND GORDON.

I would not.....oh ******, i cannot even be bothered finishing that sentance, i am sick of the analysis, i am sick of reading "Ohhh the shit is really just about to hit the fan" on this board all the time, NO IT IS NOT.

More and more are coming into this Country, BTL *****ers are crowding them into the into their speculative pension funds, this Country is just getting worse.

Do any of you really think that Gordon Brown or Tony Blair give a toss, Blair is over in the States now sucking up to Bush, he is meeting Pals Arnie and Murdoch, the bloke is thinking of his own future.

Sorry about this rant, but i just want to lash out, i really want to start hurting someone(it is just not me), God help a BTL who has an attitude crosses my path tonight.

If Nu labor no longer want us to aspire to home ownership, then have the guts to say it. If i cannot afford to do it, then i am sure there are many others who cannot

They took the bad language out anyway, cannot even unload on here, there are times and places when F*** is the only word that you can use, this was one of them :angry:

calm down, it's only a commercial.

don;t let it funk you up like this but if it's forking you off that bad then buy or just chill with the still it will all come out in the wash.

in the meantime gold is your friend.

Edited by Impartial

Inflation generally is a bigger issue - it's not just house price inflation you're going to have to worry about over the coming years

Buy some Gold (to avoid watching your cash deposit get wasted by inflation) - sit back and watch the economic cycle unfold....

Edited by dnd

calm down, it's only a commercial.

don;t let it funk you up like this but if it's forking you off that bad then buy or just chill with the still it will all come out in the wash.

in the meantime gold is your friend.

JUST BUY!!!!,

Thats just it, i cannot afford to buy anything, i do not have a choice these days.

Gold!!, what has gold got to do with owning my own home

We've just spend the last 20 minutes ranting at the TV too :angry:

We've got a house and a mortgage, but a very very sensible one, and paying it off as fast as we can.

Ok, I have some sympathy for suckers who bought at the peak, (such as some young work colleagues), but I'm now hoping and expecting the mother of all crashes. Too many people need to be taught lessons about the value of money, debt, personal responsibility and that there's no such thing as a free lunch. There's also a LONG list of people who need the smug expressions wiping off their faces.

Well Sam if you fancy a fight follow me .... www.baby-greenhouse.co.uk .... register then go to home and pets .... the "debate" kicked off last night and is under the thread of what can i buy for £120k ..... one idiot is actually having to sell her house to pay off her loans and still thinks it's down to bad luck and not the btl brigade. They need there eyes opening over there and you might suceed where I have failed. At worst you get to let off steam !!!!

And, of course the trend will continue to accelerate right to the end of the year.

In total, 120,000 new mortgages were approved in June, up 3,000 on May's figure.

Since the received wisdom is that when approvals exceed 90,000 we will have HPI 3 months later

Guest Alright Jack

Don't be ridiculous.

Average house is about 175k. 40k will borrow at least 240k these days. you must have a deposit of at least 50k saved up given your income.

You are doing well really in comparison to most. Use it or lose it!

Well Sam if you fancy a fight follow me .... www.baby-greenhouse.co.uk .... register then go to home and pets .... the "debate" kicked off last night and is under the thread of what can i buy for £120k ..... one idiot is actually having to sell her house to pay off her loans and still thinks it's down to bad luck and not the btl brigade. They need there eyes opening over there and you might suceed where I have failed. At worst you get to let off steam !!!!

If B2L is a problem in any particular area then maybe you could all urge your MP's or Councillors to introduce a restriction of some kind in those areas if there really are FTB's waiting to buy. However regarding the market as a whole B2L is not the problem:

Check these links which I found useful in confirming the main reasons for HPI:

There is a shortage of houses being built and this is the driving force behind the long term trend:

http://www.pricedout.org.uk/Articles/TheIs...19/Default.aspx

Also: Why the housing shortage won't stop the crash:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/wiki/Why_..._stop_the_crash

However as you seem to want to keep B2L at least in check why don't you (and others who feel strongly enough) write to your MP's and/or Gordon's office explaining some of your concerns (link some of your arguments to tax) strongly urging them to ensure they have the necessary checks in place to make sure that B2L investers (and other self employed for that matter) are paying the tax they are due to pay!

That way it may curtail some B2Lers activities or make some think again if they have not been declaring their tax.

Also if Gordon gets some more taxes this way our own taxes may not have to increase as quickly.

Sam I think a lot of people on here feel your pain, me included. Earn 2/3rds of what you do, live in SE England and probably in one of the most expensive counties (Surrey). I often over hear conversations in the office that house prices are going up 10% this year, going to buy another house to let. Going to flip another property. I hope when we all look back at this, those people are distgusted with themselves. The bank of home is what everyone is banking on to draw their pension, frivilous loans etc. etc. And all the meanwhile, here's me, 26, wife and new born baby, being chucked out of our rented flat because the landlord has decided to sell up. What Do I do ? Rent at £700pcm OR buy and pay a mortgage at £1300pcm ? The former is like 40% of my net take home pay, the later like 60%. People always give this argument that it was tough for them. But i'm sorry, earning 1k a year and paying a 4k mortgage is nothing like earning 30k a year and paying 150k mortgage.

There is absolutely nothing you can do mate. HIPs got canned, because guess what, 'it'll destabalise the housing market' according to MPs. And guess what I bet they all have multiple homes.

I realistically need to be earning 60k a year to stand a chance at affording something at this ridiculous prices. The mentality of people is crazy. If i owned a house now I bought for 80k say, and it's worth 200k now, i would have the intelligence and heart to appreciate how hard it is for people ... instead people feel good about themselves because of this huge capital appreciation they have achieved through nothing but sheer luck and timing.

I don't post as much on this board, i used to use it to air my frustration, but with these adverts, and an overwhelming majority on here who own multiple homes and are 'scared' so keeping their enemy close if you know what i mean.

it's just ******, greed and self interest, and if prices do crash, everyone will declare themselves bankcrupt and mortgage themselves up to the hilt again, and so it'll continue.

This govenment does not reward hardworking people, it instead puts in places taxes upon taxes to keep everyone in their place.

:angry:

i'm trapped into renting because i can't afford to buy - i am the new underclass, don't even qualify for a council flat... fecking distgusting this country is.

funny thing is, people don't use the one word that explains this situation...maybe it's considered to be a swear word these days? or these BTLers don't think it applies to them? what particular word am i refering to?

CAPITALISM!

Harry Enfield should bring back his Loadsa Money character who boasts about his fleet of BTLs!!

funny thing is, people don't use the one word that explains this situation...maybe it's considered to be a swear word these days? or these BTLers don't think it applies to them? what particular word am i refering to?

CAPITALISM!

Harry Enfield should bring back his Loadsa Money character who boasts about his fleet of BTLs!!

Seriously though life is about the circumstance you find yourself in partly through luck & partly choice. A person may live at home & be single until their 30's and buy when the market is less expensive, live in a less expensive part of the country, invest in their 20's whilst living at home. We are all part of the capitalist system we live in - We all have one kind of stake or other in it. As I said before the problem is the economic cycle & lack of supply.

People in the recent past really have had to share a home with other family members or friends for a while, or relocate to make ends meet

Sam, just be patient your time will come if you continue to save.

LS, the same applies to you but if I were in your position, I would consider having another child soon so that your wife can stay home for the next few years to save on nursery fees and by the time you are ready to buy they will be out of nursery. That's what we have done. One out of nursery and starts school in Sept. the other out in 2 yrs. We hope to buy at the earliest in 3 or 4 years having added to our already healthy deposit. I pity my friends who have mortgages and have had to wait for a 3 or 4 yr gap between their children as they can't afford a mortgage and 2x nursery fees. Very sad. A couple have actually said we are lucky we could afford to have 2 children with only a 2 yr gap. We agree. Property is not everything.

Edited by Buffer Bear

Don't be ridiculous.

Average house is about 175k. 40k will borrow at least 240k these days. you must have a deposit of at least 50k saved up given your income.

Why must i have £50k saved!!!

What a Dumb statement, how do you know what my circumstances are.

I have come out of a messy relationship, i have educated my child, paid for my ex to relocate elsewhere, in other words i never passed on my responsibiltys tp the welfare state.

Since my split only a few years ago i have rebuilt my life in a new area and relocated my business which cost £10ks. I am now debt free, JUST.

And please tell me who will lend me £240k on a £40k income.

Edited by sam

Sam I think a lot of people on here feel your pain, me included. Earn 2/3rds of what you do, live in SE England and probably in one of the most expensive counties (Surrey). I often over hear conversations in the office that house prices are going up 10% this year, going to buy another house to let. Going to flip another property. I hope when we all look back at this, those people are distgusted with themselves. The bank of home is what everyone is banking on to draw their pension, frivilous loans etc. etc. And all the meanwhile, here's me, 26, wife and new born baby, being chucked out of our rented flat because the landlord has decided to sell up. What Do I do ? Rent at £700pcm OR buy and pay a mortgage at £1300pcm ? The former is like 40% of my net take home pay, the later like 60%. People always give this argument that it was tough for them. But i'm sorry, earning 1k a year and paying a 4k mortgage is nothing like earning 30k a year and paying 150k mortgage.

There is absolutely nothing you can do mate. HIPs got canned, because guess what, 'it'll destabalise the housing market' according to MPs. And guess what I bet they all have multiple homes.

I realistically need to be earning 60k a year to stand a chance at affording something at this ridiculous prices. The mentality of people is crazy. If i owned a house now I bought for 80k say, and it's worth 200k now, i would have the intelligence and heart to appreciate how hard it is for people ... instead people feel good about themselves because of this huge capital appreciation they have achieved through nothing but sheer luck and timing.

I don't post as much on this board, i used to use it to air my frustration, but with these adverts, and an overwhelming majority on here who own multiple homes and are 'scared' so keeping their enemy close if you know what i mean.

it's just ******, greed and self interest, and if prices do crash, everyone will declare themselves bankcrupt and mortgage themselves up to the hilt again, and so it'll continue.

This govenment does not reward hardworking people, it instead puts in places taxes upon taxes to keep everyone in their place.

:angry:

i'm trapped into renting because i can't afford to buy - i am the new underclass, don't even qualify for a council flat... fecking distgusting this country is.

I feel for you also mate, and do not believe that crap about it was hard for the last generation, my first house was a lovely 3 bedroomed victorian paid on a wage when i was only just starting out in the late 80's, My Mum and Dad had it even easier.

Biggest mistake this Government was to introduce/support a new type of middle man(BTL) in a market that really did not need them.

I can tell you are just a harworking Guy like myself who just wants to put some roots down, it is like banging your head against the wall.

Maggie Thatcher did a great job of doing away with the middleman during her reign in numerous areas(council housing included), WE DO NOT NEED THE F****** BTL, they are causing social problems for the future the young of today, debt, pensions, housing, one day they are going to stand up and hit back, AND HARD.

I feel for you also mate, and do not believe that crap about it was hard for the last generation, my first house was a lovely 3 bedroomed victorian paid on a wage when i was only just starting out in the late 80's, My Mum and Dad had it even easier.

Biggest mistake this Government was to introduce/support a new type of middle man(BTL) in a market that really did not need them.

I can tell you are just a harworking Guy like myself who just wants to put some roots down, it is like banging your head against the wall.

Maggie Thatcher did a great job of doing away with the middleman during her reign in numerous areas(council housing included), WE DO NOT NEED THE F****** BTL, they are causing social problems for the future the young of today, debt, pensions, housing, one day they are going to stand up and hit back, AND HARD.

If you bought in the late 1980s and sold up a few years back you must have paid off nearly 40% of the mortgage in repayments.

The house would have gone up by maybe £100k in that time as well.

Assume half of it goes to your ex, where is all your half of that money?

You bought way before this current boom and you are STILL complaining that, nearly TWENTY YEARS later you can't afford to get on the housing ladder with a £40k salary and no deposit.

Who's fault is this? BTL? Gordon Brown?

BTW give a £40k salary to all the twenty somethings of today and then watch the housing market take off...

In other words I can sympathise with those in their 20s on average income (who may also have student loans) who cannot get on the ladder but not you, Sam.

Edited by Without_a_Paddle

Don't be ridiculous.

i would say dont buy no matter\what at the moment, interest rates about to go up, so only one way for prices to go...

If you think about it BTL are stopping FTBs getting on the ladder. Agreed? But BTLs will not want to trade up in approx 5yr time. The people on rung #2 will have nobody to sell to and so on. The market collapses when it freezes because nothing moves and it reaches a point where prices have to be dropped to sell something. It seems like they are pricing FTBs out of the market, but in the long term all they are doing is precipitating a crash.

If you bought in the late 1980s and sold up a few years back you must have paid off nearly 40% of the mortgage in repayments.

The house would have gone up by maybe £100k in that time as well.

Assume half of it goes to your ex, where is all your half of that money?

You bought way before this current boom and you are STILL complaining that, nearly TWENTY YEARS later you can't afford to get on the housing ladder with a £40k salary and no deposit.

Who's fault is this? BTL? Gordon Brown?

BTW give a £40k salary to all the twenty somethings of today and then watch the housing market take off...

In other words I can sympathise with those in their 20s on average income (who may also have student loans) who cannot get on the ladder but not you, Sam.

My brother was in a similar position. Married and bought in 1988, lost everything in 2002. Managed to squeeze on again because he met someone else and lives on a good wage in a depressed area. Still cost him £110k though. You'd be surprised how much a divorce can wipe you out. I think you are being unfair.

CAPITALISM!

CAPITALISM?..... The housing market doesn't operate like a normal free market because of planning regulations...

There is a lot land in the UK but you cant build on it......

If you had to pay for a house the building costs only they'd be affordable for everybody.