House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sledgehead

Property Developer / Evangelical Minister Gets Prison

Classic story of how holier-than-thou, self-professed born-again christian couldn't resist the "root of all evil" - property development! :D

The former barclays bank manager promised his foreign victims education and qualifications to lure them from their country of origin. When they got here the hypocrite put them to work on his development for £1 / hr.

Wonder what his "good lord Jesus" would have to say about that? :lol::lol::lol:

Will post link when it shows up...

Yes, and another "Christian" murdered millions of people during the 1940's. He was even baptized and a full member of a church! Shows you doesn't it. The man's name was Adolf Hitler.

Sleeping in a garage does not make you a car. <_<

The number of Christians I've had say "I wouldn't lie - I'm a Christian" - and then lie through their teeth

Immoral scum IMO....

The number of Christians I've had say "I wouldn't lie - I'm a Christian" - and then lie through their teeth

Immoral scum IMO....

Like Socrates would say:

All cows have four legs

Daisy is a cow

Therefore Daisy has 4 legs.

Or,

There is a person who calls himself a Christian who lies

Paul is a Christian

Therefore Paul is a liar.

Logic is a marvellous thing?

Bottom line: Christian is as Christian does. Labels are, well just labels.

What's that supposed to mean? :huh:

You could at least have documented it in the meantime. Where did you read it?

came "over the newswires" as they say on news24

Indeed. Rumour has it in this instance it made you a £1/hr immigrant.

Imho, one may not be defined by the metaphorical location in which one metaphorically sleeps, but we certainly are defined by our beliefs. If I claimed to believe in a low fat diet, I'd expect to be ruthlessly heckled if my fridge was found packed with cream cakes. Same applies with this evangelical as far as I can see. Still, I dare say "more research" would put me straight on that piece of delusional idealism, eh?

Edited by Sledgehead

Bottom line: religion increases corrupt behavior as the user thinks (rightly or wrongly) his worship will counterbalance his corruption.

Bottom line: religion increases corrupt behavior as the user thinks (rightly or wrongly) his worship will counterbalance his corruption.

... or his belief excuse it entirely.

How many times have I been told that xyz is not our "neighbour" and therefore need not be loved and that conflict is necessary to fulfill scriptural end times ....

Darwin's bottom line:

"A man who has no assured and ever present belief in the existence of a personal God or of a future existence with retribution and reward, can have for his rule of life, as far as I can see, only to follow those impulses and instincts which are the strongest or which seem to him the best ones."

Yes, and another "Christian" murdered millions of people during the 1940's. He was even baptized and a full member of a church! Shows you doesn't it. The man's name was Adolf Hitler.

I'm not sure Adolf would like you describing him as a Christian, although he is often cited as being one. The reality is that he had quite a lot to say about Christianity none of it complimentary. He believed in a 'god' but it wasn't the Jewish or Christian God. Probably he was closer to an occult view point of a god as a part of nature, with social Darwinism mixed in. He may have been born a catholic, but that's about where his links with Christianity end.

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/mischedj/ca_hitler.html has some interesting quotes which make it pretty clear he despised Christianity and Christ.

I agree that its not the label but the conduct of the individual that defines their beliefs.

Darwin's bottom line:

"A man who has no assured and ever present belief in the existence of a personal God or of a future existence with retribution and reward, can have for his rule of life, as far as I can see, only to follow those impulses and instincts which are the strongest or which seem to him the best ones."

Classic theists defence.

One doesnt need a God and a club to behave. One merely needs to empathise with others and recognise we all need to rub along together.

Relgion is just a childish phase. Mankind has hundreds of millions of years to evolve, weve only just left the swamp in geological time.

Im an agnost. Im perhaps a fool to live without religion as religion gives the user a life compass and 'purpose and direction to head for'. Id rather accept a life without such certain comfort as I feel this is the only honest response even though it means I have to assume life has a final end.

To seek religion is to seek nothing more than comfort.

Cheerful stuff eh :rolleyes:

I'm not sure Adolf would like you describing him as a Christian, although he is often cited as being one. The reality is that he had quite a lot to say about Christianity none of it complimentary. He believed in a 'god' but it wasn't the Jewish or Christian God. Probably he was closer to an occult view point of a god as a part of nature, with social Darwinism mixed in. He may have been born a catholic, but that's about where his links with Christianity end.

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/mischedj/ca_hitler.html has some interesting quotes which make it pretty clear he despised Christianity and Christ.

I agree that its not the label but the conduct of the individual that defines their beliefs.

I agree. I used the quotation marks advisedly. :)

EXACTLY! Puking out the word of <insert name of relevant deity here> to attempt to drown out their own hypocritical behaviour. Usually the louder they shout, the more revolting they are.

:angry:

Like Socrates would say:

All cows have four legs

Daisy is a cow

Therefore Daisy has 4 legs.

Or,

There is a person who calls himself a Christian who lies

Paul is a Christian

Therefore Paul is a liar.

Logic is a marvellous thing?

Is this just a problem of modus ponens / modus tollens?

"The last scene was interesting from the point of view of a professional logician because it contained a number of logical fallacies -- that is, invalid propositional constructions and syllogistic forms -- of the type so often committed by my wife."

btp