House Price Crash Forum
quenkish

Brilliant Summary Of House Price Bubble

This guy was caught out in the last property bubble, he gives some good advice to us all:

Just read in the Whitehaven news that repossesions have doubled in Cumbria since the begining of the year in part due to the cost of housing and easy credit. Thats a hell of a jump so I dont think were out of the woods yet as far as a house price crash is concerned.

Ive been caught up in this all before in the eighties and lost a small fortune, and then just before the crash everyone was saying the same stuff they are now including the building societies and banks. House prices like any market are partly based on confidence so anyone with a vested intrest will tell you prices are set to rise because this is what they want and if you believe it you will trade at these prices. The government are terrified of a price crash because our economy is tied to high prices partly because of this governments failure to tackle the pensions crisis, the only pension most people have is their house. In essence first time buyers are paying for the lack of foresight of the current generation that are about to reach retirement.

To blame the tories for this after the length of time labour have had in power is a huge smokescreen and I'm not buying into that for a second.

Joedog.

Here is the link

http://forums.timesandstar.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=162

This guy was caught out in the last property bubble, he gives some good advice to us all:

Just read in the Whitehaven news that repossesions have doubled in Cumbria since the begining of the year in part due to the cost of housing and easy credit. Thats a hell of a jump so I dont think were out of the woods yet as far as a house price crash is concerned.

Ive been caught up in this all before in the eighties and lost a small fortune, and then just before the crash everyone was saying the same stuff they are now including the building societies and banks. House prices like any market are partly based on confidence so anyone with a vested intrest will tell you prices are set to rise because this is what they want and if you believe it you will trade at these prices. The government are terrified of a price crash because our economy is tied to high prices partly because of this governments failure to tackle the pensions crisis, the only pension most people have is their house. In essence first time buyers are paying for the lack of foresight of the current generation that are about to reach retirement.

To blame the tories for this after the length of time labour have had in power is a huge smokescreen and I'm not buying into that for a second.

Joedog.

You need not say any more !! I was caught up in the 80s con as well but not this time as I sold and have cash awaiting. Good post

Here is the link

Edited by faloos

In essence first time buyers are paying for the lack of foresight of the current generation that are about to reach retirement.

This is the very marrow of the monster - and a crucial difference from 1989-1992. A key reason the bub-bull this time has put the 1980s in the shade is that so many 'boomers' are desperate to plug the pensions chasm that opened up early in the history of this doomed NL misgovernment. And therein lies the new danger - their frustrated fury when they find that their housing-as-pension-plan goes up in smoke as well. Boy are we in for interesting times.

Joedog.

Here is the link

Sums it up quite well really!