House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Goat

Get Rid Of Some Of The Forums?

Does anybody else think there are too many different forums on this website? Some of the new forums seem to get about 1 post a day and I think they detract from the main forum by keeping interesting posts away from the main aduiance.

I say get rid of anecdotals, market psychology and economics & let people post them into the main forum.

You could have a point here. What does everyone else think?

I agree. I have a strong recommendation to make about a sensible alternatives to BTL but did not want to clutter up the main forum. I never posted it though because it wouldn't have attracted enough attention on the other forums. Is anybody interested in hearing about my suggestion on this forum. Pleaee let me know. It has certainly worked for me over the past 15 months.

I can agree to some extent, but some very good 'educational' threads just seem to dissapear into the wilderness on the main forum.

It would be good if you could request to move it after seasoning on the main forum, but means more work unfortunately.

Mikefluk, sure i'd like to hear...

Edited by Jason

Guest muttley

I made this point when the anecdotal forum was first launched, but got no response. Anecdotals belong on the main discussion forum, IMO.

I can see Jason's point about the market psychology and economics forum, though I never read them.

I think this post pretty much proves my point. 4 replies in just over a week & it was the top item for most of that time.

I think this post pretty much proves my point. 4 replies in just over a week & it was the top item for most of that time.

I think it's simply a case that the bulk of people who come here don't visit the other forums. This has the effect that people don't bother posting in them and end up posting content which might be better server in the main forum.

The problem of course is that the alternative is one big forum with everything in and things get pushed down the list far too quickly.

My persona preference would be a main forum, off topic but housing related and a totaly off topic forum (and this one to allow for announcements etc).

The mods could do as they do now and move things around, given the relative low numbers of posts in the other forums I don't think this would cause much of a problem.

I think the smaller forums are a good place to pick out selected threads so that they don't get lost in the main forum.

But I think this has the effect of killing both forums. Anecdotals is dead because people don't read most of them & post there & the main forum is dead because all the interesting anecdotes end up elsewhere.

How about having a pinned thread in economics and Market psychology where we can request to have threads moved from the main forum? Then those with privlages could move the threads every week or so.

Maybe the Anecdotals should go, as most anecdotal threads don't need to be referred to again.