House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
faloos

Edinburgh-a Ghetto With Pretentions

My old birthplace is a dirty and dangerous place. The pavements in the city centre are a disgrace covered in dirt ,chewing gum , with shop windows in the main shopping/ tourist area smashed on a regular basis. When the druggies come out in the afternoon for their first hit it is almost like you are being invaded by Zombies.

Most of the employment on offer is from the public sector with social workers in demand and with salaries that cannot possibly justify the growth in house prices.

Begging is on a grand scale. A great part of Edinburgh is a no go area at night. I work in Dubai which is very safe and clean, I am going back.

Sad to see my old City in such bad shape. My advice to the people of Edinburgh is sell up before your investment will drop by 40% just like the 90s.

My old birthplace is a dirty and dangerous place. The pavements in the city centre are a disgrace covered in dirt ,chewing gum , with shop windows in the main shopping/ tourist area smashed on a regular basis. When the druggies come out in the afternoon for their first hit it is almost like you are being invaded by Zombies.

Most of the employment on offer is from the public sector with social workers in demand and with salaries that cannot possibly justify the growth in house prices.

Begging is on a grand scale. A great part of Edinburgh is a no go area at night. I work in Dubai which is very safe and clean, I am going back.

Sad to see my old City in such bad shape. My advice to the people of Edinburgh is sell up before your investment will drop by 40% just like the 90s.

Forgot to mention that there are another 20000 immigrants destined for Edinburgh and the people ARE getting P----d off about it but are just ignored . 20000 new beggars the only growth area we have in our economy.

Guest donall

I've heard people say that Edinburgh is not as great a place as people think.

Prince's St. is supposed to be the most crime-ridden place in the whole of Scotland.

Unlike a lot of places where the city centre is not a place to live in - especially for families - Edinburgh has that.

Outwith of the Old/New Town and places like Leith there is a lot of problems.

Faloos, what a load of Troll pish. It doesn't even warrant an answer.

" My advice to the people of Edinburgh is sell up before your investment will drop by 40% just like the 90s"

Not only are your figures wrong, so is your view of the city. Dream on son.

Webmaster, cant we have a "tosser" smiley? Be bloody handy here for Trolls like this.

Faloos, what a load of Troll pish. It doesn't even warrant an answer.

" My advice to the people of Edinburgh is sell up before your investment will drop by 40% just like the 90s"

Not only are your figures wrong, so is your view of the city. Dream on son.

Webmaster, cant we have a "tosser" smiley? Be bloody handy here for Trolls like this.

Why not try Education , you sound like one of the young brigade who can only pose while drinking their bottle of bud. I lived in Cramond for years before it was invaded by the types that only want to talk about how much their house has gone up in value. I have been around the world mate and still say even the Ghurkas would not venture into the areas of Wester hailes, Niddrie and the like!! Ask any respectable resident and they will say the same.

I was in Edinburgh when property did fall by that amount quoted, there was carnage . Were you born then ? Sorry about that I do not wish to sink to your level as I only go by facts.

Congratulation Faloos, once again proved yourself to be Faloos the Fcukwit.

Yes, I do drink bud. I’ve even drunk a bit of it in the George and Dragon pub in Dubai the last time I was there. Is Linda still working there, or has she moved on? Do the team from Brit bank across the way still come in when they feel like a lively one?

Seems your razor sharp intuition about Edinburgh, its people (all thugs, obviously) and its homes is about as razor sharp as your notion of me. Pish was the word. Justified

Edinburgh has some rough areas; where doesn’t? But Edinburgh is still a very safe city with some beautiful areas where people, shock horror, live happy lives. They also rather enjoy shopping and dining in the historic, yet up to the minute vibrancy of the city centre which is also one of the renowned places in the world to spend a New Years in case you haven’t heard. Although you’d probably get ‘chibbed’. You strike me as the type with a right whinging face on 24/7.

As for you’re “sell now! 40% Falls are coming!” tag line that you claim to remember from the last time; best sort out that memory out son, because that’s complete ********. In fact, parts of Edinburgh (the good parts, you know, the parts which people ALWAYS want to live in with there families) were on record at the time and in the media, as defying the rest of the country by experiencing a surge in demand from the wealthy (which Edinburgh has lots), while the “Ned” areas got what everybody knew they would be getting for a while. A 22% dip was the average if you can bring yourself to do some actual research. Something about location, economics and desirability you might want to read up on will tell you all you need to know about the good areas.

Now why do I think you just might be the type who seen a tax free pay cheque, jumped on a flight with all the other mediocre who go out to Dubai to earn a salary and enjoy a status that their skills would NEVER afford them here, thinking you’d come back “King of the hill” and pick up your dream house, while you had the sly chuckle at all those around you who obviously should have done as you. But didn’t. So screw them.

Whats wrong? Not quite working out that way? Do tell. Or at least just make something up. Could be fun.

"Ghetto with pretentions" I can't believe you actually called it that. What a solid gold tosser :rolleyes:

Edited by billy-g