House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OLDFTB

Dr Thomas Mambo Emails Me

Heres the text:

Dear Friend,

I write to seek your cooperation as my foreign partner and your assistance to enable us to own properties and invest in the stable economy of your country. I apologize if this mail does not suit your personal or business ethics.

My name is Dr. Thomas Mambo; we are making this venture proposal to you in strict confidence. As senior civil servants in the South Africa Government, the South African civil service laws (Code of Conduct bureau) forbid us to own a foreign account. The money we have in our possession is an overdue payment bill totaling Twenty Six Million, Four Hundred and Twenty Six Thousand US Dollars S$26,426,000.00) which we want to transfer abroad with the assistance and co-operation of a company/or an individual to receive the said funds, via a reliable Bank Account.

If you will like to assist us as a partner, then indicate your interest after which we shall both discuss on the modalities. All other information to facilitate the remittance of the funds will be revealed to you in due course. For your assistance, you shall receive 30% amounting to US$7,927,800.00 of the US$26.426Million, 60% amounting to US$15,855,600 for us and 10% amounting to US$2,642,600 will be used to settle taxation and other miscellaneous expenses in the course of transferring the funds to your account.

Please indicate your direct telephone and direct fax number when replying this business proposal preferably through my alternative address as this is my only confidential email address: drthmambo@myway.com, I will call you when necessary. If you are not interested, please also indicate so that it will enable me to contact other foreign partner with recommendations to carry out this deal.

A swift acknowledgment of your receipt of this mail will be appreciated.

Thank you and God bless you.

Best regards.

Dr. Thomas Mambo

Executive Accountant

Department of Transport (DT)

Republic of South Africa (RSA)

Private email address: drthmambo@myway.com

An obvious scam.Probably Nigerians, they're such a bunch of crooked good for nothings.

Wonder how many naiive, greedy t*sspots have fallen for this?

Edited by OLDFTB

Heres the text:

Dear Friend,

I write to seek your cooperation as my foreign partner and your assistance to enable us to own properties and invest in the stable economy of your country. I apologize if this mail does not suit your personal or business ethics.

My name is Dr. Thomas Mambo; we are making this venture proposal to you in strict confidence. As senior civil servants in the South Africa Government, the South African civil service laws (Code of Conduct bureau) forbid us to own a foreign account. The money we have in our possession is an overdue payment bill totaling Twenty Six Million, Four Hundred and Twenty Six Thousand US Dollars S$26,426,000.00) which we want to transfer abroad with the assistance and co-operation of a company/or an individual to receive the said funds, via a reliable Bank Account.

If you will like to assist us as a partner, then indicate your interest after which we shall both discuss on the modalities. All other information to facilitate the remittance of the funds will be revealed to you in due course. For your assistance, you shall receive 30% amounting to US$7,927,800.00 of the US$26.426Million, 60% amounting to US$15,855,600 for us and 10% amounting to US$2,642,600 will be used to settle taxation and other miscellaneous expenses in the course of transferring the funds to your account.

Please indicate your direct telephone and direct fax number when replying this business proposal preferably through my alternative address as this is my only confidential email address: drthmambo@myway.com, I will call you when necessary. If you are not interested, please also indicate so that it will enable me to contact other foreign partner with recommendations to carry out this deal.

A swift acknowledgment of your receipt of this mail will be appreciated.

Thank you and God bless you.

Best regards.

Dr. Thomas Mambo

Executive Accountant

Department of Transport (DT)

Republic of South Africa (RSA)

Private email address: drthmambo@myway.com

An obvious scam.Probably Nigerians, they're such a bunch of crooked good for nothings.

Wonder how many naiive, greedy t*sspots have fallen for this?

I'm sooo peeved. Its always other people that get the chance to earn some easy money :P

AFP

Does anybody ever actually fall for that loads of old shite these days though? Everybody and his dog have heard about that scam; 419 or something is the Police name isnt it?

He'll be offering to by your £9k car next for £4k more than its for sale price, just cah this cheque for £20k and send him the difference... :lol:

Does anybody ever actually fall for that loads of old shite these days though? Everybody and his dog have heard about that scam; 419 or something is the Police name isnt it?

Yes. When greed is a motivator, you should never underestimate the capacity of ordinary humans for extraordinary stupidity.

Yes. When greed is a motivator, you should never underestimate the capacity of ordinary humans for extraordinary stupidity.

Must be a lot of very rich doctors in west Africa. I had my letter today from Dr Christine Rose Moo Kabbissa offering me 20% of US$32.5 million. With the extra generous inducement of her percentage being invested in my company.

Incidentally, I know someone quite well who was actually stupid (greedy ) enough to lose in excess of $100k on this scam.

And your point is what?

That you're a racist twit who can't conceive that most humans are individuals?

I think you're a little too quick to start throwing insults around. :)

I think you're a little too quick to start throwing insults around. :)

maybe.

So, what was your point?

The "ohmy" and "wink" graphics you used were chosen, presumably for a purpose?

And your point is what?

That you're a racist twit who can't conceive that most humans are individuals?

Everyone is aware that black and asian people are a protected species now and that any form of criticism towards them is seen as out and out racism,but to hurl that accusation at someone who has posted a couple of round yellow faces into the reply box is taking things to extremes.Are we still allowed to call them black now or is it banned aswell ?if so let me know and I will rephrase it.

maybe.

So, what was your point?

The "ohmy" and "wink" graphics you used were chosen, presumably for a purpose?

It may not have been obvious to you, and for that I apologise. My significant other is of Ghanaian extraction, and through her I have learnt a huge amount about the country and its people. People who would be shocked by the very suggestion that Nigerians could be honest.

In the manner that some might react to the suggestion that Scots are generous.

Just a little lighthearted local rivalry, that is all.

It may not have been obvious to you, and for that I apologise. My significant other is of Ghanaian extraction, and through her I have learnt a huge amount about the country and its people. People who would be shocked by the very suggestion that Nigerians could be honest.

In the manner that some might react to the suggestion that Scots are generous.

Just a little lighthearted local rivalry, that is all.

OK - apologies then.

I have Nigerian family and am somewhat sensitive on the blanket assumptions.

OK - apologies then.

I have Nigerian family and am somewhat sensitive on the blanket assumptions.

no problem. You're quite right of course. Having been immersed in Ghanaian culture for a couple of years, I must confess to having taken on one or two little prejudices, which is not something to be especially proud of.