House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dylan

Sale Agreed

I was under the impression that EAs were banned from using Sale Agreed on signs a few years ago, but round my they're springing up all over the place; there even seems to be one agent who I'm pretty sure isn't bothering with For Sale and are going straight to Sale Agreed. Have the rules changed again or are my local agents desperate to hide the fact nothing's selling?

I'm not sure about any legalities of any signs. I've seen a sign looking like a sold sign, but when you get close it says something like "we need more properties like this"...

Also, i've seen a massive sold sign on a house that's been their since 2005. it was under offer since November.

I was under the impression that EAs were banned from using Sale Agreed on signs a few years ago, but round my they're springing up all over the place; there even seems to be one agent who I'm pretty sure isn't bothering with For Sale and are going straight to Sale Agreed. Have the rules changed again or are my local agents desperate to hide the fact nothing's selling?

I guess Sale Agreed is the same as Sold Subject To Contract, which is legal. If you doubt this EA has sold them but is advertising as such, maybe your local council should know about it.

Guest xeouialp

I guess Sale Agreed is the same as Sold Subject To Contract, which is legal. If you doubt this EA has sold them but is advertising as such, maybe your local council should know about it.

- Hello, is that the Council?

- Er... yersss

- I'm ringing to tell you that there's a Sale Agreed sign up which isn't true

- Yerrssssssss

- And I think you should do something about it !!!

- I see. How can I help?

- Well, you're the Council aren't you?

- Yerrsssssss

- Which department do you want?

- Er...

- Where is the sign?

- In front of this house

- Shall I pop you through to refuse collection?

- No, it's illegal!!!!

- I see

(pauses)

- If it's illegal, why don't you ring the police?

- It's nothing to do with the police. I want the Council

- Which department shall I pop you through to?

- The Signs!!! The Signs!!! The department that deals with the Signs!!!

- Yerssssss. And which department is that?

- I don't know!!! Trading Standards?

- Ahhhh! Trading Standards, we call that the Commercial Services Division here. I'll just put you on hold for a moment

(overheard conversation)

- Steve I've got a bloke on the phone going on about Signs.

- Signs? What signs?

- It's in front of a house

- Well put him through to Refuse Collection then Doreen

- But he says it's illegal

- Illegal? How can a sign be illegal? Anyone can put up a sign.

- But it says the property's sold and it isn't

- Oh God

- What?

- It's another looney from that bleeding website. Put him through to Refuse Collection

(rings)

- brrrrrrrr

- brrrrrrrr, brrrrrrrrr. brrrrrrr, brrrrrr

- Hello, Bulk Refuse can I help you?

- Bulk Refuse! For Christ's sake I told them I didn't have any refuse!!!

- Well if you haven't got any refuse I can't help you Goodbye. (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

- Oh for God's sake!!!

Dear Sir,

I am writing to make a formal complaint about the manner in which your Council deals with phone enquiries for members of the public.....

etc etc....

Dear Mr Angry,

Blah blah blah... highest standards of service... blah blah sorry if you feel you may have been inconvenienced blah blah blah ... advise you to contact the trader in the first instance if you have a complaint...blah blah... blah blah blah

yours sincerely,

Doreen Doreenson

Customer Services Manager

The Right Honorable Ian Duncan Smith MP

House of Commons

London

Dear Mr Duncan Smith

I am writing to make a complaint about a Labour Council, a LABOUR Council in your constituency who...blah blah

Dear Mr Foaming at the Mouth

I have referred your letter of complaint to Mrs Doreen Doreenson, Customer Services Manager at the said Council and you should be hearing from her in due course. Now I must go back to sleep

Yours, Ian

etc etc etc...

- Hello, is that the Council?

- Er... yersss

- I'm ringing to tell you that there's a Sale Agreed sign up which isn't true

- Yerrssssssss

- And I think you should do something about it !!!

- I see. How can I help?

- Well, you're the Council aren't you?

- Yerrsssssss

- Which department do you want?

- Er...

- Where is the sign?

- In front of this house

- Shall I pop you through to refuse collection?

- No, it's illegal!!!!

- I see

(pauses)

- If it's illegal, why don't you ring the police?

- It's nothing to do with the police. I want the Council

- Which department shall I pop you through to?

- The Signs!!! The Signs!!! The department that deals with the Signs!!!

- Yerssssss. And which department is that?

- I don't know!!! Trading Standards?

- Ahhhh! Trading Standards, we call that the Commercial Services Division here. I'll just put you on hold for a moment

(overheard conversation)

- Steve I've got a bloke on the phone going on about Signs.

- Signs? What signs?

- It's in front of a house

- Well put him through to Refuse Collection then Doreen

- But he says it's illegal

- Illegal? How can a sign be illegal? Anyone can put up a sign.

- But it says the property's sold and it isn't

- Oh God

- What?

- It's another looney from that bleeding website. Put him through to Refuse Collection

(rings)

- brrrrrrrr

- brrrrrrrr, brrrrrrrrr. brrrrrrr, brrrrrr

- Hello, Bulk Refuse can I help you?

- Bulk Refuse! For Christ's sake I told them I didn't have any refuse!!!

- Well if you haven't got any refuse I can't help you Goodbye. (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

- Oh for God's sake!!!

Dear Sir,

I am writing to make a formal complaint about the manner in which your Council deals with phone enquiries for members of the public.....

etc etc....

Dear Mr Angry,

Blah blah blah... highest standards of service... blah blah sorry if you feel you may have been inconvenienced blah blah blah ... advise you to contact the trader in the first instance if you have a complaint...blah blah... blah blah blah

yours sincerely,

Doreen Doreenson

Customer Services Manager

The Right Honorable Ian Duncan Smith MP

House of Commons

London

Dear Mr Duncan Smith

I am writing to make a complaint about a Labour Council, a LABOUR Council in your constituency who...blah blah

Dear Mr Foaming at the Mouth

I have referred your letter of complaint to Mrs Doreen Doreenson, Customer Services Manager at the said Council and you should be hearing from her in due course. Now I must go back to sleep

Yours, Ian

etc etc etc...

:lol::lol::lol:

PMSL fantastic post!!!!! Its exactly what is LIKELY to happen, thats what so laughable!

TB

An excellent reply from xeouialp. :D:ph34r:

there even seems to be one agent who I'm pretty sure isn't bothering with For Sale and are going straight to Sale Agreed.

Quite normal. Lots of people don’t want to advertise the fact that there house is on the market to all and sundry. Attracts all sorts of unwanted attention and yobs. The only sign we had was a sold sign that we said they could put up 1 week before we moved out

Edited by Son of Taeper

Quite normal. Lots of people don’t want to advertise the fact that there house is on the market to all and sundry. Attracts all sorts of unwanted attention and yobs. The only sign we had was a sold sign that we said they could put up 1 week before we moved out

Every time I go past a house for sale down our street and there's an unfamiliar car parked outside, I think about saying to the missus, "They're having a viewing. Hold on, I'm gonna spin the wheels, make them drop their price!"