House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
delboypass

The Sun News Article

Yeah, and next year it'll be "can you do without those clothes?", "do you really need that kidney?"

The banks don't give a **** as long as they are keeping their shareholders happy

F*** em...

uhm.. to be fair I think it sounds like a pretty good idea to give up smoking and save that money

not necessarily to put it on a house though

uhm.. to be fair I think it sounds like a pretty good idea to give up smoking and save that money

not necessarily to put it on a house though

Agree, though the other day I heard a similar report targetting 'curries' (again, you could probably do without those as well)

People are not going to give up the highlife they've enjoyed these past few years - why don't the BOE, banks etc realise this - it's human psychology....

Guest Bart of Darkness

Yeah, and next year it'll be "can you do without those clothes?", "do you really need that kidney?"

The banks don't give a **** as long as they are keeping their shareholders happy

F*** em...

Do you really need 2 children, 1 would be cheaper.

Do you really need to go out for a meal, beans on toast by candlelight would be cheaper.

Do you really need to heat your home in winter, lots of second hand wollies would be cheaper.

Oh what rich, happy people we are to be sure. Feed that mortgage, get on that ladder. Then you'll be happy and not before.

(What do you give up if you're a non-smoker in the first place BTW?)

Do you really need to go out for a meal, beans on toast by candlelight would be cheaper.

Do you really need to heat your home in winter, lots of second hand wollies would be cheaper.

Oh what rich, happy people we are to be sure. Feed that mortgage, get on that ladder. Then you'll be happy and not before.

(What do you give up if you're a non-smoker in the first place BTW?)

haaaaa lol :D

But if you have two kids you can sell one for medical research to pay off part of the mortgage!

Personally I'd rather have a life than a big mortgage on a house that I might own just before I retire (if I can ever afford to).

Agree, though the other day I heard a similar report targetting 'curries' (again, you could probably do without those as well)

People are not going to give up the highlife they've enjoyed these past few years - why don't the BOE, banks etc realise this - it's human psychology....

having a curry and a cigerette is hardly the high life...

disturbing report though., yes dont live. if you sit on a box with a candle and box of corned beef for a week, think about the plusses.

you can pay banks even more for the same sized house with absolutley ZERO benefit to yourself..

and why not get a second job so you can pay even more for the same sized house.

what a country.

having a curry and a cigerette is hardly the high life...

???

Never said that - I was referring to MEW, new cars, holidays etc

you did. you were referring to curries and then you mentioned people would not give up the high life. including mew ect.

im not having a go at you, i was just saying the things we have to give up draw us no benefit.

we just manage to save more to hand over the a bank for the same sized house as before.

i can appreciate giving up 100w bulbs in a power crisis, eating less in a food shortage. using less water in a drought.

but to scrimp and save only so the saving can be given to a bank for NO REASON is kinda weird.

i think the british people are acting weird at the moment. very strange.

you did. you were referring to curries and then you mentioned people would not give up the high life. including mew ect.

im not having a go at you, i was just saying the things we have to give up draw us no benefit.

I apologise - I shall in future make seperate posts per sentence to clarify things and put every word through a spell checker....