House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest donall

After The House Rush

Guest donall

With potential returns on property low and equities strong but volatile.

Can anyone suggest which assets will get us rich?

I'm thinking that gold, commodities, and banks might be a good bet.

Let me know what you think?

I think that forestry stocks are set for a big rise.

I have been buying parcels in the Amazon and Congo for about $5/hectare. I now own somewhere around the size of the Isle of Man.

I'm able to sell the trees for about $100/hectare and then put some dumb farmers on the land growing soya beans or cattle and make about $25/hectare.

And the best thing is that it is environmentally friendly and sustainable. There are no carbon emmissions - because growing soya actually removes CO2 from the atmosphere.

I am making a killing - forget the housing boom - the real money is to be made in land.

After all they have stopped making the stuff.

I think that forestry stocks are set for a big rise.

I have been buying parcels in the Amazon and Congo for about $5/hectare. I now own somewhere around the size of the Isle of Man.

I'm able to sell the trees for about $100/hectare and then put some dumb farmers on the land growing soya beans or cattle and make about $25/hectare.

And the best thing is that it is environmentally friendly and sustainable. There are no carbon emmissions - because growing soya actually removes CO2 from the atmosphere.

I am making a killing - forget the housing boom - the real money is to be made in land.

Environmentally friendly and sustainable??? :blink:

A report by Greenpeace linked soya production to destruction of the Amazon rainforest and other unlawful activities, like slavery.

And people on here think BTL is unethical...

Inflation resistant GOLD!!!!

....everything else will turn to s**t

Not so sure about that. When the sh1t hits the fan, people people are going to ask what is gold for exactly. Cant eat it, cant live in it. Its only worth is waht people will give you for it. Unless of course when HPC happens , the debt bubble bursts and peak oil hits, everyone will want to go around loking like Mr T.

Guest donall

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/...90859_1,00.html

Just read this in the Times - maybe Maxdriver has something.

Apparantly the hot weather is leading to poor harvests and higher prices.

I'd like to know what the demand curve for foods looks like.

I've been listening to people talk about staples like rice and pasta being "Giffen Goods"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giffen_good

Here because rice forms the basis of a diet - any increase in its price leads to no reduction in consumption as there is no substitute. The higher prices lead to a reduction of money and .: luxuries are cut-back (e.g. bacon/beansprouts etc...).

To fill the gap more rice is eaten thus increasing demand and cost.

Its a really vicious circle.

For all you Malthusians out there this is probably music to your ears

AIM shares in oil exploration companies, renewable energy and green technoloogy companies might be a gamble, but if one picks a winner, one could end up feeling quite pleased!

One remaining profitable BTL opportunity, based solely on capital growth prospects, would be to buy property in areas lilely to be bought up for redevelopment and aim to be the last to sell out, thus being able to name one's price, more or less.

This is the best troll ever - deforesting an area the size of the isle of man is environmentally friendly and sustainable! And after removing millions of tonnes of forest, grow a few tons of soy beans! Soy beans are carbon sinks better than a rainforest!!!