House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oracle

The Recession Beginneth

not my usual read,but interesting nonetheless.

police are apparently concerned by the intelligence they have of a "very large" illegal rave that is to be held imminently.

the whereabouts of this event are unknown,but the reportage concludes that the illegal rave scene is undergoing a re-surgence "due to the clampdown on drugs in nightclubs and the amount of lager-fuelled chavs in legal venues"

..undertones of acid-house in 1988??????...the precursor to tough times ahead where the young lead the way in getting hopelessly blitzed on chemicals while it takes the older ones a few more years to catch on that all is not right with the world?

whaddya think?

police are apparently concerned by the intelligence they have of a "very large" illegal rave that is to be held imminently.

the whereabouts of this event are unknown,but the reportage concludes that the illegal rave scene is undergoing a re-surgence "due to the clampdown on drugs in nightclubs and the amount of lager-fuelled chavs in legal venues"

..undertones of acid-house in 1988??????...the precursor to tough times ahead where the young lead the way in getting hopelessly blitzed on chemicals while it takes the older ones a few more years to catch on that all is not right with the world?

whaddya think?

I have a vision of thousands of pissed up chavs (on a Saturday evening) trying to comprehend the 'last minute GPS rave co-ordinates' displayed on their blackberries...

Edited by Without_a_Paddle

i think your right. but not a cause of the crash but a side effect of simply having nothing better to do than go enjoy life and forget about bogus uk situations that just cannot be acheived. the bars way way too high. and they talk of higher ?? haha....

they will leave the comfortable wine bar 30 somethings and the WKD weekends to their own devices. last time in 1988 it was the white shirts they turned away from. the ones who were happy to dance to rick astleys and sinnita, then rush home to see if they were on hitman and her. when a massive pint of lager was the normal drink and a big ass white marti pellow shirt. they left them and did something better than dancing to shattered glass in regional niteclubs such as arrabellas and la-dee-dahs. a sticky red carpet and a fevered punch over a hunch over a spilled lamb late night lunch.

what we need are potato print flyers telling us where and when and which pathetic 'djs' are 'starring'.

whaddya think?

I think the chavs of today don't really need to bother with organising illegal raves - it's too much bother. Why not find a nice city centre or even quaint little village on a Saturday night (or any night) and have it there. Get as many chav mates that you can....and just party - the police won't do anything - pop as many pills as you like - maybe you could smash the place up. Nah, ORGANISING an illegal rave is far too much trouble when you can have it in your own street/centre/village

Is it any wonder with the non-joined up thinking of this Government that they encourage binge drinking on one hand and then Tony Bliar wants us all to take more concern with our health ie don't binge drink. What sort of mixed messages is all that about?

I think the chavs of today don't really need to bother with organising illegal raves - it's too much bother. Why not find a nice city centre or even quaint little village on a Saturday night (or any night) and have it there. Get as many chav mates that you can....and just party - the police won't do anything - pop as many pills as you like - maybe you could smash the place up. Nah, ORGANISING an illegal rave is far too much trouble when you can have it in your own street/centre/village

Is it any wonder with the non-joined up thinking of this Government that they encourage binge drinking on one hand and then Tony Bliar wants us all to take more concern with our health ie don't binge drink. What sort of mixed messages is all that about?

I think you're wrong to think that raves are organised by/for the chavs. I think a lot of those 'aceed' parties were generally quite middle class.

Similarly, the notion that drug taking is done by the underclass/chavs is wrong. Again, it's the degenerate middle class who are to blame. At London dinner parties for the supposedly well-heeled, cocaine is passed round like port was once upon a time.

I think you're wrong to think that raves are organised by/for the chavs. I think a lot of those 'aceed' parties were generally quite middle class.

Similarly, the notion that drug taking is done by the underclass/chavs is wrong. Again, it's the degenerate middle class who are to blame. At London dinner parties for the supposedly well-heeled, cocaine is passed round like port was once upon a time.

I don't think of chavs in any 'class' sense. A chav is more to do with having a feck U attitude. A chav is classless...imho

I don't think of chavs in any 'class' sense. A chav is more to do with having a feck U attitude. A chav is classless...imho

Chavs or metropolitan, university educated middle class cocaine users?

The devil or the deep blue sea springs to mind