House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
All the gear..

Ing Up Their Savings Rate

ING offering a 0.6p.c inprovement to their standard savings rate, (4.5 to 5.1p.c gross), for a 6 month period.

No mention of it on their website as far as I can see, guess it only applies to current savers.

Interesting. :)

Very interesting, but we need a link to your source B)

Otherwise, well, :lol:

'tis true - i got a letter as well

basically it is 5.1% fixed for six months

said to be a 'limited offer'...

It only applies to money you deposit during that period, not your balance.

Nope, that's incorrect.

They did offer a deal like that earlier in the year.

This one basically states that your current balance can be transferred from your existing account to the new rate account, then the new balance with interest is transfereed back after this period.

As for a link, like I said, I think it must only apply to existing savers as I did endeavour to find one for the original post.

Nope, that's incorrect.

They did offer a deal like that earlier in the year.

This one basically states that your current balance can be transferred from your existing account to the new rate account, then the new balance with interest is transfereed back after this period.

As for a link, like I said, I think it must only apply to existing savers as I did endeavour to find one for the original post.

Interesting. I have an account with them and I've not had notification of it.

I did get a letter last month offering the deal I described a few posts up.........

that was the "transfer money in and get 6% on it" until 31.08.06 deal, i believe

i received details of this new one by post today, so i guess your letter is stuck in the post somewhere. :(

all you need do is ring customer services on 0800 587 7688 with your customer number & they'll doubtless do it for you! :)

that was the "transfer money in and get 6% on it" until 31.08.06 deal, i believe

i received details of this new one by post today, so i guess your letter is stuck in the post somewhere. :(

all you need do is ring customer services on 0800 587 7688 with your customer number & they'll doubtless do it for you! :)

Thanks. If it doesn't turn up tomorrow I'll give them a ring :)

Thanks. If it doesn't turn up tomorrow I'll give them a ring :)

Yep, just spoken to 'em and basically you open a fixed rate account, (at the 5.1 p.c mentioned), and transfer whatever percentage of your existing savings account into it.

I asked if this offer had been offered to all customers and apparently the initial candidates which were contacted were selected by random.

The lady I spoke to said if you know anyone who has heard of the deal and not received the info, to give them a call and they'll arrange it.#

Get on the blower!! :D