House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
THOR33

The Sheep Will Follow

This is WIDELY mentioned topic, BUT I work in a BANK in IT...I do regulalry speak to a lot of other staff, internal/external........

Firstly this site is xclnt and I have been a viewer for years.....When I do mention anything about a possible slide in HOUSE prices, looming crash in usa, australia......EVERYONE BUT EVERYONE SEEMS SHOCKED!!!!!

NO ONE F'ing has any idea what is going on, even after hints dropped like a sack of tattys on tv, the papers etc etc no one thinks theres something looming over the horizon.......

MANY apologies for repeating what everyone knows but I am STILL perturbed at my colleagues and the publics blindness.........mind you, if i (and other users)didnt come across this site/others would we be the same sheep?????????????????????????????

Then again, I'm waiting till 2008 b4 buying!!!!

This is WIDELY mentioned topic, BUT I work in a BANK in IT...I do regulalry speak to a lot of other staff, internal/external........

Firstly this site is xclnt and I have been a viewer for years.....When I do mention anything about a possible slide in HOUSE prices, looming crash in usa, australia......EVERYONE BUT EVERYONE SEEMS SHOCKED!!!!!

NO ONE F'ing has any idea what is going on, even after hints dropped like a sack of tattys on tv, the papers etc etc no one thinks theres something looming over the horizon.......

MANY apologies for repeating what everyone knows but I am STILL perturbed at my colleagues and the publics blindness.........mind you, if i (and other users)didnt come across this site/others would we be the same sheep?????????????????????????????

Then again, I'm waiting till 2008 b4 buying!!!!

That would be stupid, you will have to wait to 2011-2012 atleast.

Guest mattsta1964

That would be stupid, you will have to wait to 2011-2012 atleast.

Yeah. It will take a few years for the market to bottom out. There will be some bargains around in a few years if you're still fortunate enough to have a job and an income, something I'm not so sure about. If I was working in banking and finance, i wouldn't be so sure either. We might all be living in a tent city on the local common! :blink:

THOR33,

The same level of shock when people are handed their P45 and told "sorry but you are too expensive to keep on".

The real irony is that the banks create the debt, they create the distortions and then blame those distortions for the reason for havig to readjust costs.

The manufacturing sector is nearly gone, the service sector is next for the chop.

Edited by OnlyMe

does it matter when. because when its affordable and unattractive to btl - it wont be worth the risk again.

you'll be too scared about your personal finances in a very depressed world to commit to any 25 year purchase and big cash deposit loss. the safest position during that time would be to rent off some other 'risk' taker for a song and let them take the fall.

you may end up renting your entire life.

does it matter when. because when its affordable and unattractive to btl - it wont be worth the risk again.

you'll be too scared about your personal finances in a very depressed world to commit to any 25 year purchase and big cash deposit loss. the safest position during that time would be to rent off some other 'risk' taker for a song and let them take the fall.

Really? There will always be those willing and able to buy at the right price.

you'll be too scared about your personal finances in a very depressed world to commit to any 25 year purchase

Personally, if I ever buy a house I'll be putting down at least 50% of the cost in cash and paying off the remainder in a few years. That's the benefit of renting, I can save a load of money every month.

Oh, the horror! What will the neighbours think?

If you buy at the right price it is cheaper than renting.

The problem at the moment is prices are way out of line with earnings- once that's corrected it makes sense to buy.

Renting is cr@p and lines someone elses pockets.

If I could buy where I am now I could pay the mortgage and still be £200 a month better off

Guest X-QUORK

Renting is cr@p and lines someone elses pockets.

Mortgages are crap and line someone elses pockets. :rolleyes:

If I could buy where I am now I could pay the mortgage and still be £200 a month better off

If that's really true then you CAN buy where you are. Lots of places will lend you the money on an affordability based mortgage right now. (unless you're factoring in a huge deposit you haven't yet got)