House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

Tonight With Trevor Mcdonut, 8pm 24th

Tonight with Trevor!

First of two programmes exploring the potential dangers of making major financial commitments abroad. Linda Duberley reports from Dubai, a popular tourist resort and a major draw for British investors, investigating how seemingly ideal proposals for property ventures can quickly turn into nightmares.

And now, something to make you laugh:

c2181.jpg

Kind of a bit late in starting this thread. Never mind.

I'm not sure if I heard correctly, but did the couple who invested in the non existant building (Lighthouse) say the west should help them out?

There's another on next week, somewhere in Europe (Spain I think).

'This is the next area to explode!'

How many times have we heard this on those wretched programmes about the overseas property market, presented by the usual bullying and overweight female.

A Place in the Sun? Do grow up.

Kind of a bit late in starting this thread. Never mind.

I'm not sure if I heard correctly, but did the couple who invested in the non existant building (Lighthouse) say the west should help them out?

There's another on next week, somewhere in Europe (Spain I think).

The people who buy in these places are the same chavscum who would normally buy in somewhere like Slough. Its a case of lift and shift the 3 bed characterless and soulless pile of bricks to the sun for these excuses for humanity.

Edited by nodumsunreader

Guest mattsta1964

The people who buy in these places are the same chavscum who would normally buy in somewhere like Slough. Its a case of lift and shift the 3 bed characterless and soulless pile of bricks to the sun for these excuses for humanity.

People who naively invest their money in foreign countries have nobody but themselves to blame when it all goes tits up.

A mate of mine asked me if I wanted to come in on a property deal in Bulgeria.

My response was a swift 'You must be fekkn joking'

It's bad enough finding trustworthy people to do business with in the UK. Buying property in some of these countries is inviting disaster. But hey! What do I know? It's your money!

It’s just propaganda sponsored by the government as so many smart people are getting the hell out of the UK and this means the UK is seeing a lot of wealth taken away so Brown can not get his dirty hands on it.

The scandal is UK property prices followed by Spain but that not to say France and the rest of Europe does not have some bargain properties for sale.

Wake up, the UK is not the place to be nowadays where you pay more for just about anything than in the rest of the world, here I eat out several times a week and it costs less than what a good meal costs in many major UK cities and the standard of living is much better and all the sheep need to do is have the guts to jump the fence.

People who naively invest their money in foreign countries have nobody but themselves to blame when it all goes tits up.

A mate of mine asked me if I wanted to come in on a property deal in Bulgeria.

My response was a swift 'You must be fekkn joking'

It's bad enough finding trustworthy people to do business with in the UK. Buying property in some of these countries is inviting disaster. But hey! What do I know? It's your money!

and as oil supplies are running out and air fares rise ever higher, that place in the sun is going to get more costly to visit each year. and with warmer and longer summers in britain, there will be less chance of selling it on in the future or renting to holidaymakers.

and as oil supplies are running out and air fares rise ever higher, that place in the sun is going to get more costly to visit each year. and with warmer and longer summers in britain, there will be less chance of selling it on in the future or renting to holidaymakers.

Yes you are right if talking about a summer weekend house but moving and working abroad is not the same thing and i see many brits where i am and non want to go back to the rat race in the UK but if oil keeps going up i will visit the UK less often and so will many others, it's a two way door.

debtfree

i would not go turkey as it is full of Muslims and i like my beer and sex and i hope they are not allowed into the EU