House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

140,000 Immigrants Could Be Headed Our Way

http://www.express.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=236

45,000 undesirables heading to Britain

24/07/06

BRITAIN’S open-door policy will be exploited by more than 45,000 “undesirables” from Bulgaria and Romania when the countries join the European Union next year.
The Government has drawn up a secret list of those it fears could head for the UK, including fraudsters, gangsters and people traffickers, it was claimed yesterday.
Home Office officials estimate privately that between 60,000 and
140,000 immigrants
will arrive from the two countries within a year of accession, according to a
leaked document
The list has been drawn up by the Immigration and Nationality Directorate from records of Bulgarians
and Romanians who have previously been refused entry to the UK.
Officials are concerned that once the countries join the EU it would be impossible to stop criminals entering.
Instead of applying for a visa and being subjected to rigorous checks, migrants will simply have to show
their passport on arrival.
In the paper leaked over the weekend, Home Office minister Joan Ryan advised that more information on
known criminals should be sought from the governments of the two countries. There are growing fears that

Surely Gordon can come up with a better plan to suppress wage growth and maintain a housing shortage than this?

http://www.express.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=236

45,000 undesirables heading to Britain

24/07/06

BRITAIN’S open-door policy will be exploited by more than 45,000 “undesirables” from Bulgaria and Romania when the countries join the European Union next year.
The Government has drawn up a secret list of those it fears could head for the UK, including fraudsters, gangsters and people traffickers, it was claimed yesterday.
Home Office officials estimate privately that between 60,000 and
140,000 immigrants
will arrive from the two countries within a year of accession, according to a
leaked document
The list has been drawn up by the Immigration and Nationality Directorate from records of Bulgarians
and Romanians who have previously been refused entry to the UK.
Officials are concerned that once the countries join the EU it would be impossible to stop criminals entering.
Instead of applying for a visa and being subjected to rigorous checks, migrants will simply have to show
their passport on arrival.
In the paper leaked over the weekend, Home Office minister Joan Ryan advised that more information on
known criminals should be sought from the governments of the two countries. There are growing fears that

Surely Gordon can come up with a better plan to suppress wage growth and maintain a housing shortage than this?

Now why am I not surprised this is in the Express?

Not just the Daily Excess:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22072006/344/unde...ecret-list.html

'Undesirables' put in secret list
The Press Association
Sunday July 23, 12:57 AM
'Undesirables' put in secret list
Click to enlarge photo
The Home Office has drawn up a secret list of more than 45,000 "undesirables" from Bulgaria and Romania who may attempt to enter Britain when the two countries join the European Union next year, it has been reported.
The Government privately estimates that between 60,000 and 140,000 Romanians and Bulgarians will arrive in Britain within a year of accession, according to a leaked document obtained by the
Sunday Times

With the track record of the Home Office recently we should be at all surprised at this latest revelation on secret government plans to suppress wages and keep HPI moving.

Edited by Realistbear

GB is trying to FORCE our standard of living down through wage surpression as we won't stop borrowing/spending

The reason were still borrowing/spending is because we all got a taste of the high life in recent years - we won't let go....

triple these estimates ... at least.

You took the words right out my mouth

Don’t report crimes committed by these people to the police as you may find that the police tell them who grassed them up and then you get your house broken into which keeps the police in a job and punishes you for trying to reduce police over time payments and to also keep the place safe.

You may think I’m jesting but this is what happened to a friend of mine who used a video camera to record a load of gipsy smashing up a bus stop after reporting these gypsies several time to the police for coursing trouble in the area. The video was not allowed as evidence when it comes from a member of the public but it’s OK to use if the camera is controlled by big brother.

The reason were still borrowing/spending is because we all got a taste of the high life in recent years - we won't let go....

The reason we're still borrowing/spending is because inflation has ravaged our real incomes over the last decade: you can't afford a 1990s lifestyle with a 2000s income.

The reason we're still borrowing/spending is because inflation has ravaged our real incomes over the last decade: you can't afford a 1990s lifestyle with a 2000s income.

Hence people with foresight got into BTL....

You took the words right out my mouth

Don’t report crimes committed by these people to the police as you may find that the police tell them who grassed them up and then you get your house broken into which keeps the police in a job and punishes you for trying to reduce police over time payments and to also keep the place safe.

You may think I’m jesting but this is what happened to a friend of mine who used a video camera to record a load of gipsy smashing up a bus stop after reporting these gypsies several time to the police for coursing trouble in the area. The video was not allowed as evidence when it comes from a member of the public but it’s OK to use if the camera is controlled by big brother.

Video/CCTV in this country is strictly controlled - unless it comes from a controlled, tape based, Data Protection registered envionment - it's unlikely to be used in a 'beyond resonable doubt' criminal case - civil, maybe

Also, UK courts do not accept any images recorded on a harddrive - so anybody with a data capture card attached to your PC - forget it

Even if you get a conviction - the people you filmed could potentially sue you for breaching their Human Rights (read Human Rights = 'criminalisation' legislation) as it overrides all other legislation

The police know that ametuer video evidence and/or 1 witness (your word against theirs) will be thrown out of court - you need 2+ witnesses to get the police to take notice - don't blame the police - it's the judicary/legislators you should be attacking

In the USA their CCTV laws are far more lax - IIRC virtually anything can be submitted...

Edited by dnd

:D

I remember Greg Egan suggesting that a hackneyed sci-fi anthology of alternate histories (what if the nazis had won WWII?, etc.) should be called: "My God, it's full of tsars!"

:lol:

( for those unaware of it, a play on words of 'My god, its full of stars!' from the sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey, “2010: Odyssey Two” )

dnd

"it's the judicary/legislators you should be attacking"

i do attack them and it is noted that most of the UK leaders are Lawyers or come from the legal profession

next to the devil you have lawyers, police are just puppets for our masters and serving the people has little to do with the job

dnd

i do attack them and it is noted that most of the UK leaders are Lawyers or come from the legal profession

next to the devil you have lawyers, police are just puppets for our masters and serving the people has little to do with the job

I remember a statement from years ago made by then Chief Justice Warren Burger of the US Supreme Court who was being questioned on a chat show as to why there were so many greedy and crooked lawyers in the system. Warren replied that the people always get the lawyers the people want.

In other words, greed and corruption in our institutions is a reflection of the people who put them there.

Actually I think Gordon has come up with a corker here. All credit to him - hes "triangulated" the issue, and come up with a classic NuLabour solution

Previously Brown has been focusing on just the supply side of the MEW economy; open-door imigration = low-rates and higher HPI = more MEW/cheap credit

Now with superb clarity, he's planning to improve the demand side of the MEW economy too: importing criminals will have economic consequences, and probably encourage consumer spending to replace all the things these new crooks will be stealing

I welcome our new Eastern European Neighbours, its better than un-educated africans or fanatical muslims. :)

I agree - I wish we could swap west-hating islamists for East Europeans, though cant think of a county that would want them [most arab countries are happy to be rid of them]

Actually I think Gordon has come up with a corker here. All credit to him - hes "triangulated" the issue, and come up with a classic NuLabour solution

Previously Brown has been focusing on just the supply side of the MEW economy; open-door imigration = low-rates and higher HPI = more MEW/cheap credit

Now with superb clarity, he's planning to improve the demand side of the MEW economy too: importing criminals will have economic consequences, and probably encourage consumer spending to replace all the things these new crooks will be stealing

Cynical, unfounded, possible unjust – but unfortunately correct assumption of why – I take my hat off to you for spotting the reason why a crash will not happen at this time – spending to the police will have to increase – investment spending in id cards passports immigration investigations etc (the list is endless).

Perhaps the shooting of people on the underground in the name of preventing terrorism will increase –as this could be a good money-spinner as well