House Price Crash Forum
kman

Malaysia Investment

Just wondering of anyone has ever thought of investing in Malaysia and if anyone know the price history of properties in recent years? Actually more interested in emigrating over there if I could get work. I'm an automotive development engineer.

Edited by kman

Just wondering of anyone has ever thought of investing in Malaysia and if anyone know the price history of properties in recent years? Actually more interested in emigrating over there if I could get work. I'm an automotive development engineer.

My friend (who purchased a villa at LeJardinDeFleur Morocco), purchased a 3 bed off - plan appartment in KL.

Its in a development called 'East Lake'. He went back to inspect the finished item recently and was very impressed. Top class finish and rent all taken care of.

He paid £50000 about 2 years ago when it was just a patch of earth. He also is impressed by the level of professionalism and honest he encountered.

Malaysia appears to be a safe longterm bet.

My friend (who purchased a villa at LeJardinDeFleur Morocco), purchased a 3 bed off - plan appartment in KL.

Its in a development called 'East Lake'. He went back to inspect the finished item recently and was very impressed. Top class finish and rent all taken care of.

He paid £50000 about 2 years ago when it was just a patch of earth. He also is impressed by the level of professionalism and honest he encountered.

Malaysia appears to be a safe longterm bet.

I think your friend can consider himself fortunate.

I know two people who bought into similar developments in K.L. with disasterous results.

One is still not being built nearly 2 years after she fronted up the cash (about £50000 as well) the other while the property was built to a reasonable standard cannot rent it out for anything like they had hoped and they are thinking of selling up taking quite a hit.

I was thinking of Johor Bahru. With singapore so expensive and a lot of commuters in Johor this is an area that could do well in the longer run.