House Price Crash Forum
hedi

This Site In The Papers Again

in the property section this site comes under fire. it seems the writer was accosted by an exponent from here and took offence. pity really he is one of the fewer more realistic writers on property prices.

also in the money section there is the most amusing story of the woman with a property portfolio of £ 900,000 untill one reads more closely. oh and she has £450 a month left for herself. as long as no voids or anything goes wrong. oh and the credit card dept and the bank loan , amusing to read it you get the chance.

ps if someone else can post it please do as i dont know how to.

in the property section this site comes under fire. it seems the writer was accosted by an exponent from here and took offence. pity really he is one of the fewer more realistic writers on property prices.

also in the money section there is the most amusing story of the woman with a property portfolio of £ 900,000 untill one reads more closely. oh and she has £450 a month left for herself. as long as no voids or anything goes wrong. oh and the credit card dept and the bank loan , amusing to read it you get the chance.

ps if someone else can post it please do as i dont know how to.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/main.j...22/ixpmain.html

Is this it?

Guest Bart of Darkness

Link.

There's no such thing as bad publicity. THe only thing that might turn some people off this site is some of the more extreme views and manifestations of envy that we see from time to time.

Remember that about 70% of people in the UK own their own homes.

If you were writing for a paper, which group's views would you support?

Shoddy journalism. Still, it is the Telegraph. I can't understand why the New Statesman doesn't go into this story more. It's one of the biggest concerning this country.

'The Bank has done well at controlling the market so far' yeah right, we're in the biggest bubble in history!

and does not :

"To which the answer is, of course, no. Nobody - not me, not economists, not even Mervyn King, the governor of the Bank of England - knows what will happen to house prices"

Rather contradict the following if no one knows what would happen?

"Most economists think it will have to lift rates to 4.75 per cent before the end of the year.

This won't be enough to send prices plunging; it won't be enough to make apocalyptic forecasts come true. But it might make life in the housing market a bit more hairy."

Finally

"I've said before that, in the past, busts have usually followed booms."

Correct me I'm wrong, but has not Bust ALWAYS followed boom? I don't remember the bulls of old giving an example of one that hasn't, sure there were cases of folks quoting times of stagnation or times when there were no booms, hence no busts.

I imagine from his cosy part of the world it disturbed him to see someone so aggitated about the appalling scam & debt monster that the housing market has been allowed to become.

Greed turns to fear.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Mohandas Gandhi

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

I would not be at all surprised if the VIs and perhaps even some of Gordo's minions visit the site for feedback on what the "enemy" (FTBs, STRs and terrified homeowners) are thinking. The level of publicity HPC is now getting is encouraging and shows this site is getting noticed.

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/news/stor...1755777,00.html

Ignore bloggers at your peril, say researchers
Bobbie Johnson, technology correspondent
Tuesday April 18, 2006
The Guardian
Bloggers and internet pundits are exerting a "disproportionately large influence" on society, according to a report by a technology research company.

:)