House Price Crash Forum

hello all. I have been looking at the campeche resort in mexico as a possible investment (not interested in a holiday home). Seems like a good bet (although worried about hurricanes!). Does anyone have any views - looks like could be lots of short term gain.

I have reserved a beachfront apartment in this resort. You're right, looks very promising as the airport gets developed and this is virgin beachfront development close to the valuable US market.

However, my lawyer is finding all sorts of apparent holes including the fact that the developer doesn't yet have a bank appointed to hold the trust. Appears that they are marketing it before they've sorted out the correct paperwork.

This is our first try at an offplan investment. Has anyone else had any problems with this resort so far?

I'm also considering this development. I have an apartment on hold. This would be my first investment and to be frank its a little scary! Which apartments have you gone for, I'm looking at one of the beachfront ones...but not sure which would offer the best view.

CJ58, can you give us any more info on what your solicitor has found of concern in the contract.

Mister, apparently this area is not affected by hurricanes. Have you reserved yet?

Does anybody else have an opinion on this development?

Regards...Dave