House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dog

High House Prices Have Just Left The Building.

We have seen a hundred false dawns but the crash must have arrived this time.

The government are not able to balance their books and this is going to bring about severe curtailment of government funded jobs. At the same time interest rates are about to blast skywards.

If you are about to buy a property you might do better to call a halt to the process and spend the stamp duty and legal costs on six or seven nice holidays.

The government are not able to balance their books and this is going to bring about severe curtailment of government funded jobs. At the same time interest rates are about to blast skywards.

If you are about to buy a property you might do better to call a halt to the process and spend the stamp duty and legal costs on six or seven nice holidays.

I just talked a friend out of buying yesterday.

That's one less purchase that's going to happen.

Currently trying to keep my parents on the road of renting and not buying yet (they've just sold). It's working so far. That's another purchase not going to happen.

Every little bit....

It does have that feeling about it, especially with this oil shock. I'm not even sure if interest rates need to blast skywards too much. It will be interesting if wage demands come through. We need a media campaign to question why the inflation measure is so crooked. That might give more incentive for people to fight hard for wage increases.

I remember the negative-equity from the last crash. You feel trapped because it will cost dearly to move and you feel envious of those FTBs picking up a bargain. We are all so complacent about the size of debt because nobody sits down and calculates how long it really takes to pay back these enormous sums.

Currently trying to keep my parents on the road of renting and not buying yet (they've just sold). It's working so far. That's another purchase not going to happen.

Every little bit....

I hope for your sakes their is a crash, otherwise your parents will dis own you and you'll have one less friend.

:D

With Gordon having to bite the bullett and cut spending a lot of government jobs are at stake, or at least a lot that he was going to add to keep the bubble going. Gordon should just admit that the Miracle Economy wasn't and it was just a wild ride upwards on the coatails of accomodative IR that are to be no longer.

Guest Alright Jack

Every little bit....

What if you get this wrong and your friend ends up missing a worthwhile venture?

I hope for your sakes their is a crash, otherwise your parents will dis own you and you'll have one less friend.

:D

This time the advice is safe! No amount of spin is going to save the bubble this time.

The trouble with bubbles is that for 15 months you can look like a pillock as houses triple again as everybody and their dog goes in for their 9th BTL because they are "in it for the long term".

You would still be right in the end though.

Don't you mean everybody 'without their dog' (The Dog is definitely not for buying)

This time the advice is safe! No amount of spin is going to save the bubble this time.

What time-frame are you putting on this? Or are you saying the crash is happening as we speak, and the next set of Land Registry figures should prove it? Otherwise this is yet another false dawn?

What time-frame are you putting on this? Or are you saying the crash is happening as we speak, and the next set of Land Registry figures should prove it? Otherwise this is yet another false dawn?

The first phase of a house crash is a buyers strike and I suspect that many are already thinking twice about making an offer. The next phase will be a lurch downwards followed by a feeble rally. What we now have is a reversal of roles. Instead of the bears seeing false tops, it is now the turn of bulls to start see false bottoms.