House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Qetesuesi

Gordon's Real Game Plan: A Humble Suggestion

Much is discussed on this forum about Gordon Brown's economic plans. But in several days' reading I have yet to see anyone mention the well-known fact that he can hardly wait to get into No. 10.

Now, does anyone think that Gordon's economic and political aims could possibly be in any way connected?

Consider: is he likely to want to become PM just as a massive housing slump is universally acknowledged to be underway, thus destroying his reputation as Chancellor just as he leaves that post? Just as his friend wanted to clear up the Iraq debacle to secure his 'legacy', Gordon is not going to want to leave No. 11 under such a thunderous black cloud.

Therefore, could it simply be that he is determined to do anything to keep the Mother of all Bubbles going until after he finally crosses the threshold?

Makes sense to me. I'd love to learn people's thoughts about it.

Much is discussed on this forum about Gordon Brown's economic plans. But in several days' reading I have yet to see anyone mention the well-known fact that he can hardly wait to get into No. 10.

Now, does anyone think that Gordon's economic and political aims could possibly be in any way connected?

Consider: is he likely to want to become PM just as a massive housing slump is universally acknowledged to be underway, thus destroying his reputation as Chancellor just as he leaves that post? Just as his friend wanted to clear up the Iraq debacle to secure his 'legacy', Gordon is not going to want to leave No. 11 under such a thunderous black cloud.

Therefore, could it simply be that he is determined to do anything to keep the Mother of all Bubbles going until after he finally crosses the threshold?

good question, and trust me one that has been bought up here quite a few times, wherever the man is incompetant or evil will be up to History to decide..

but that he is trying very hard to hold it together until he can move next door is (I think ) obvious

Now, just for a second.. think of those poor sould he has fooled, whose lives and futures this man is sacrificing for his own political gains..

Blair? blair let his reputation be damaged as he

1: allowed gordon brown to take full credit for the economic miracle

2: allowed himeslf to be seen as being over rulled many times by brown when it came to the economy.

blair, has lined up Brown to take the fall he deserves to take. he has done so very carefully..

Labour want to stay in you see.. They know what is on the economic horizon.. Brown will be left spinning in the wind.

as he said.. the only good chancellor is one who got out in time..

He's is banging on the door.. No one is letting him out..

Crash gordon?

I second what Apom said!

It's obvious GB is trying to delay the economic inevitable until after he is PM. That's why we will see no slow down in public spending, as this is all that supporting the economy.

I also do think Blair is waiting to get on the real gravy train - and thats the EU.

IMO, Gordon is blinded by political ambition. He got lucky and rode worldwide accomodative IR to create a huge sense of wealth for those who now "own" property. It has been described as a "miracle economy" because it has lasted so long and there has appparently been no effort behind its creation.

He is keeping IR accomodative because a hike will derail the HPI-MEW culture as it nearly did last year when he lowered rates despite inflationary trends and an already grossly overpriced housing market. Had he not lowered rates I daresay he would have got his soft landing by now but he chose to stoke the fires and cause even more to borrow irresponsibly.

He needs to move fast because I do not see his Miracle Economy surving the coming winter. The US economy is in slowdown mode and we will catch the cold this side of the Atlantic in the form of lower exports (already happening--see latest trade deficit figures), rising consequential unemployment and the need to raise more taxes due to loss of revenue from North Sea exports and manufacturing losses.

Gordon has done little more than shadow his old friend Alan Greesnpan who, despite his appointment to Gordon's advisory panel , has been remarkably silent on the UK economy. I wonder why? <_<

I think a bet with Betfair that Gordon will not make No. 10 would be a winner. Tony is here for the remainder of NuLabour's time in office which may be cut short if the sleaze gets any worse.

And I think Tony has seen the writing on the wall. He is going to hang for long enough to ensure that the poisons lurking in the mud hatch out (and before Gordon runs for the top job)

GBs real 'game plan',

as soon as it all goes tits up, he'll jump onto one of the tables in parliament wearing a kilt, whip off the black wig to reveal a shock of ginger hair, shout "remember Bannockburn" then wave a claymore around while singing 'Scotland the Brave'.

Then they'll drag him off to a suitable asylum (No10 probably).

GBs real 'game plan',

as soon as it all goes tits up, he'll jump onto one of the tables in parliament wearing a kilt, whip off the black wig to reveal a shock of ginger hair, shout "remember Bannockburn" then wave a claymore around while singing 'Scotland the Brave'.

:):D:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

GBs real 'game plan',

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Realistbear - I'm afraid Gordon's oil revenues are not declining. He's about to reap the biggest glut of cash from taxed oil ever. Even though supplies from North Sea are dropping the increased price has left Gordon rubbing his hands with glee (especially as he increased his taxed % last year). He's going to get something in the region of £12 billion (plus what he gets for selling off a chunk of Energy). It's going to be a good while yet before the flashman is exposed.

GBs real 'game plan',

:lol::lol::lol: FANTASTICAL :lol::lol::lol:

GBs real 'game plan',

I will now embrace this theory in my heart as fact.

There is no way that this couldn't have been on purpose...

It is revenge..

i laughed at that :)