House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Martin

Should Tv Investment Programs Come With A "warning"

The reason for this posting is because I always can someone giving me really good advice, and it goes something like this:

"Invest in Bulgaria, their property prices are increasing at an alarming rate"

In my mine, I’m thinking, how the hell will i service such a property, are you crazy. But property has increased greatly in value over there in such a short period of time. This really annoys me, firstly we are invading their country, secondarily its increasing the price for your average Bulgarian completely and totally out of the market.

I’m saying this, not because I’m bitter, just because I think people have lost the concept of what property is. On TV, its property, property property, buy here buy there, you cannot go wrong with property, I myself would like to see the end of this stupid madness. I personally think if all this property madness goes wrong and people go bankrupted, TV programs should come with a “disclaimer” a bit like cigarettes do now. Joking aside it would not be a bad idea.

To me it, its a lazy kind of get rich scheme and all to do with total and utter greed, hope those people get everything that they deserve.

Martin

PS i know this is a rubbish post, but what the hey!

To me it, its a lazy kind of get rich scheme

It is the most socially acceptable "get rich quick" scheme ever. Jeez, if the Vicar, the local middle class scout leader and the housewife are doing it, it can't be bad can it. It makes a mockery of the local news stories you get on the BBC knocking ponzi schemes.

Edited by frugalstar

The reason i feel that its lazy is because the UK should be:

Engineering and designing new goods, especially silicon chips and other high tech goods

Creating new companes, like Virgin, Dyson

Not resting on a property market, where the money goes round in circles and the only new money is borrowed money

Martin

The reason i feel that its lazy is because the UK should be:

Engineering and designing new goods, especially silicon chips and other high tech goods

Creating new companes, like Virgin, Dyson

Not resting on a property market, where the money goes round in circles and the only new money is borrowed money

Martin

It's just a phase we're going through.

I'm sure we'll snap out of it.

The reason for this posting is because I always can someone giving me really good advice, and it goes something like this:

In my mine, I’m thinking, how the hell will i service such a property, are you crazy. But property has increased greatly in value over there in such a short period of time. This really annoys me, firstly we are invading their country, secondarily its increasing the price for your average Bulgarian completely and totally out of the market.

I’m saying this, not because I’m bitter, just because I think people have lost the concept of what property is. On TV, its property, property property, buy here buy there, you cannot go wrong with property, I myself would like to see the end of this stupid madness. I personally think if all this property madness goes wrong and people go bankrupted, TV programs should come with a “disclaimer” a bit like cigarettes do now. Joking aside it would not be a bad idea.

To me it, its a lazy kind of get rich scheme and all to do with total and utter greed, hope those people get everything that they deserve.

Martin

YoL

Good post! This is not just a property problem for these countries. Our NHS poaches nurses from Africa , philipines probably even bulgaria who can ill afford to lose the staff they have . There is no money to train new staff in these countries. This is not a television company this is our government who continue to do this and then ask us to put our hands in our pockets to help with charities in these same countries.

When the whole show crashes the people involved will be promoted or retire with big fat pensions paid for by the people. Write to your MP I do !!

Martin

I totally agree with this. I reason in this way - I don't like foreigners investing in this country and pricing me out therefore I won't inflict the thing which I don't like done to me on people in other countries. I think property investment in the current climate is completely unprincipled and the British media, also lacking all principles, encourages it. I believe that such people should be restricted in their activites as they are a danger to others. You could perhaps compare them to criminals who don't see that they are doing any wrong. Normally I wouldn't care about these people but now they are affecting my life so I would like to find a way to fight them.