House Price Crash Forum

Housepricecrash.co.uk On The BBC

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Direct Link

"Just because a crash hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean that it won't" Reinhard Schu.

Wise words.

But there are still some pessimists out there. Just because a crash hasn't happened yet doesn't mean that it won't, says Reinhard Schu, spokesman for Housepricecrash.co.uk.

Some pessimists !, More like many realists.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I'm stunned! Never thought I'd see the day.

Also, note how the crash argument is the 2nd part of the article. Its normally the first, followed by a final paragraph effectively rubbishing all points made. This appears to be a genuinely balanced article on the BBC Front Page!!

They even have a direct link on the related link section on the right-hand-side.

It is a first. www.housepricecrash.co.uk up in lights.

Media is definitely turning. :)

CAS

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

I've never had a comment added to the bbc news and no I've never sworn or been rude in my posts! :unsure:

I know. I just posted but they are not showing... yet.

Here is what I said.

"

Doomsayers, pessimists? Err excuse me but...

Whats so pessimistic about looking forward to a time when its cheaper for a home owner to trade up to the next property size (afford ably) when they need an extra room for a new arrival?

Whats so pessimistic about looking forward to a time when FTB can buy a reasonable property?

Whats so pessimistic about looking forward to a time when you will be able to pay off your capital loan at a reasonable age and still be able to contribute to a pension?

Whats so pessimistic about not giving the banks all of your hard earned money?

If you're an average citizen of this country a price fall would benefit you.

Explain to me the disadvantages?

"

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I also left a comment on their use of the word "pessimist". They have to post one of our comments?!

wouldnt bet on it - they are very particular about what they allow - only pro-government

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Just found you guys via the news.bbc link, definitely one of the more interesting forums I've spent my afternoon reading!

Looking forward to reading a sound unbiased view of the property market for a change ;)

So hello everyone, nice to be here :)

HOLA4419
Guest mattsta1964

Just found you guys via the news.bbc link, definitely one of the more interesting forums I've spent my afternoon reading!

Looking forward to reading a sound unbiased view of the property market for a change ;)

Welcome so some sane discussion about house price inflation

The more newbies the better

Spread the word!

HOLA4420

Welcome to the club Caesium.

Don't be put off by all the swearing and name-calling on here - just join in (and never take offence).

Most people are pretty reasonable, and cover the full spectrum of home ownership (or lack of it), age, experience, strategy, etc.

Any questions, just ask away.

HOLA4421
Guest Bart of Darkness

Welcome Caesium. Hope you enjoy your time here.

I guess you could say that this site promotes an "alternative" view of the housing market to the one normally encountered and it's always useful to see both sides of the debate, even if you're bullish on house prices.

Still no comments on the BBC site. Maybe they've had more than the usual amount and are suspicious of where they're coming from?

HOLA4422

Welcome Caesium. You may find a lot of posts on here go against what you would normally hear, but that is because this government and the vested interests are spinning the news for the 'sheeple'

HOLA4423

Welcome Caesium. You may find a lot of posts on here go against what you would normally hear, but that is because this government and the vested interests are spinning the news for the 'sheeple'

by vested interests we don't mean the National Homebuilders Association who said that new builds that they sold dropped 12% in 2005

Halifax, who said that prices dropped last month.

Nationwide who said the market was not sustainable and that it was turning.

ODPM showing prices dropping for a significant period.

IMF saying that it is not sustainable

Mervin King saying it is not sustainable.

Really it's just the BBC who don't tell you the above.. :)

It's all fun on here..

HOLA4424
Guest xeouialp

by vested interests we don't mean the National Homebuilders Association who said that new builds that they sold dropped 12% in 2005

Halifax, who said that prices dropped last month.

Nationwide who said the market was not sustainable and that it was turning.

ODPM showing prices dropping for a significant period.

IMF saying that it is not sustainable

Mervin King saying it is not sustainable.

Really it's just the BBC who don't tell you the above.. :)

It's all fun on here..

Well actually, they've told us all of that, just not all at the same time or all from the same journalist. And if you're a state-owned broadcasting company you're not going to take the risk of being out of step with the rest of the media or take the blame for a HPC if you happen to be the source that talked down house prices just as they were about to crash anyway. I'm not defending them, I mean I think that the Board of Governors of the BBC should be elected by everyone of voting age in households that have a tv licence, but be realistic, they're the blander end of the media.

HOLA4425