House Price Crash Forum
munimula

Just Back From Holiday

A lot seems to have happened the last 10 days, in summary a lot of news supporting the HPC theory;

- inflation at 2.5%

- US likely to keep rising rates

- Oil at record highs so further pressure on inflation (interest rates) to come

- BOJ has put up interest rates

- Stuart Rose of M&S has said retailers are likely to start raising prices

...and the best bit of all - I get a reply from my MP after writing to him explaining the problems of housing in the UK greatly effecting my generation.

In his reply;

'Your fundamental point is right; there is a dangerous bubble in the housing market. But it will in due course collapse as all market bubbles do, hurting a lot of people who are over extended with mortgage debt'

And this is a very senior MP!!

The bad news;

Parents have sold their house, want to rent. Dad wants to buy, mum believes a lot of what I tell her. Aunt and Uncle around at the weekend ramping up property etc etc and the bad news - they've seen an Express headline that says that house prices are going to go up 50% in the UK!!! :angry:

This is what I'm up against and it's sooo hard trying to explain why they should wait.

I mean LLL last night, a doctor FFS being shown around St Pauls in Bristol and some of the crapiest flats in the 'better' areas. What the F is this country coming too!?? Isn't it obvious that prices can't go up any more.

Roll on the interest rate rises, the quicker the better.

Good to see a REALISTIC MP!!!!

Tell your parents they are messing with your inheritence and its gonna cost you a packet :)

Show them RIGHTMOVES SHARE PRICE TODAY!!! The same tossers that said its the highest HPI in a month for 6 years.

You wont sway them, but warn them that it might be a case of told you so later on!!!

TB

You wont sway them, but warn them that it might be a case of told you so later on!!!

TB

They have to be swayed. My mum can see the sense in waiting but my dad can't. And it doesn't help when all the people they come into contact with ramp up property and they are unable to disect headlines like 'Property to rise 50%' - like the majority of people. This is total sheep bubble mentality going on right now - 99.99% of the population thing property will only rise from here.

If only the BoE could just get on and do their 'independent' job and raise the rates it would make things so much easier for so many.

At least my MP understands the problems.

Tell your parents they are messing with your inheritence and its gonna cost you a packet :)

I tried that tack once, and they suggested it was poor taste me mentioning it.

I've got them to buy several grands worth of gold though so all is not lost.

Just most of it probably.

:angry:

Was talking to the chap who fixed my car the other day. He's got a couple of houses in fulham he bought about 30 years ago. One valued at 3-400k other 6-700k. Suggested he should sell up and retire somewhere nice on teh interest with his MILLION quid. I mean ffs thats as good as a lottery win! He never thought of it like that he says.

:lol: