House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
red

Dirty Dealings By Ea

A while ago I posted about a friend who'd been offered to buy the flat he was renting by the landlord.

I told him not to buy it for obvious reasons. He decided to go for it and made a near-asking price offer which was accepted.

I have just found out that the landlord was in fact someone at the EA office who, when he/she realised that there had been a bounce in prices withdrew from the sale days before exchange citing: '...reasons beyond our control....blah, blah...'

But get this: They then had the cheek to re-offer it to him 3 weeks later at an increased price!

He's lost thousands and the EA is sitting pretty. :angry:

How delicious it'll be when such scum are pleading with buyers to take their properties at reduced prices and the buyers just say: "No thanks, mate - I'll leave it for now..."

Bring it on...

A while ago I posted about a friend who'd been offered to buy the flat he was renting by the landlord.

I told him not to buy it for obvious reasons. He decided to go for it and made a near-asking price offer which was accepted.

I have just found out that the landlord was in fact someone at the EA office who, when he/she realised that there had been a bounce in prices withdrew from the sale days before exchange citing: '...reasons beyond our control....blah, blah...'

But get this: They then had the cheek to re-offer it to him 3 weeks later at an increased price!

He's lost thousands and the EA is sitting pretty. :angry:

How delicious it'll be when such scum are pleading with buyers to take their properties at reduced prices and the buyers just say: "No thanks, mate - I'll leave it for now..."

Bring it on...

What on earth is your friend doing offering anything for anything at this point in the market? By encouraging the hype its just going to prolong the crash.

What on earth is your friend doing offering anything for anything at this point in the market? By encouraging the hype its just going to prolong the crash.

Exactly what I told him back then.

I asked him why he thought the landlord was selling, suggesting that it was simply because he wanted to get out at the top of the market.

The greedy landlord/EA thought they'd called the peak too early and that they could get even more for the flat by upping the price, cr@pping on my friend in the process. Twice, when they offered it back to him!

Scum.

Tell you friend to re-offer based on the new price...close to, or matching the new price.

Then drag out the sale for as long as he concievably can citing needing to re-negotiate his mortage finances etc....should be able to stretch to Sept at least.

Proceed as far as he can without incurring costs - which should be pretty much up to exchange......then pull the sale stating a drop in prices.

Tell you friend to re-offer based on the new price...close to, or matching the new price.

Then drag out the sale for as long as he concievably can citing needing to re-negotiate his mortage finances etc....should be able to stretch to Sept at least.

Proceed as far as he can without incurring costs - which should be pretty much up to exchange......then pull the sale stating a drop in prices.

That would be a just and fair revenge :)

Guest mattsta1964

That would be a just and fair revenge :)

If an estate agent pulled a stunt like that on me, I wouldn't be able to contain myself. I'd bash the slag. It would still be worth it for the criminal record.