House Price Crash Forum

Is This How Desperate Things Have Got?

Guest UK Debt Slave

HOLA441
Guest mattsta1964

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5187096.stm

An example from this webpage

Myself and my fiancé are moving to Berlin in the not so distant future. We have purchased a house in a very nice area of Berlin for 160,000 Euros; the equivalent house and area in London would be in the region of £600,000! From an economic point of view, the German economy is still depressed so I will have to commute to London on the Monday morning (depart 06:30) and back on Thursday evening (depart 20:10). I am sure it will become tiresome but what¿s the alternative? This country has a great economy but it has got to the point where it is so expensive to live that living aboard and commuting is a realistic alternative. Especially when the healthcare and education systems are on par or better than the UK.

Mark, London

Says it all doesn't it! How much more fekkn ridiculous can it get??

HOLA442

Myself and my fiancé are moving to Berlin in the not so distant future. We have purchased a house in a very nice area of Berlin for 160,000 Euros; the equivalent house and area in London would be in the region of £600,000! From an economic point of view, the German economy is still depressed so I will have to commute to London on the Monday morning (depart 06:30) and back on Thursday evening (depart 20:10). I am sure it will become tiresome but what¿s the alternative? This country has a great economy but it has got to the point where it is so expensive to live that living aboard and commuting is a realistic alternative. Especially when the healthcare and education systems are on par or better than the UK.

Mark, London

A lot more if Gordon gets his way. 50% increase in HPI in the next 4 years, or so he may think. <_<

HOLA443
HOLA444

I saw this piece earlier today - another classic piece of lazy space-filling journalism from the Beeb. Basically, a travel agent has produced a report stating that we will all be travelling much more in the future. Marvellous.

and utterly, utterly wrong of course. Not to mention dangerously at odds with the reality that is slowly dawning on the populace.

HOLA445

I saw this piece earlier today - another classic piece of lazy space-filling journalism from the Beeb. Basically, a travel agent has produced a report stating that we will all be travelling much more in the future. Marvellous.

and utterly, utterly wrong of course. Not to mention dangerously at odds with the reality that is slowly dawning on the populace.

Yeah and when Spain/Germany etc are a bit too expensive you can move to Antartica and commute to work on a boat!

HOLA446

Totally agree about the ramping, still you can only ramp so far before it

stops having effect.

You know how you run to keep an old kite in the air, but at some point you

run out of land to run on and the kite falls?

No wind=no flight

Talk about two faced ***k**s at the BBC

"Fed up with over-priced cities and overcrowded trains?"

Yeah fed up with you funkers ramping house prices!!! :angry:

HOLA447

This is typical of the BBC. They are unashamed progressivists. This is why I stopped watching their morning program. It just got too depressing getting up in the morning to hear how 'we' are all travelling much further to work, or 'we' are all living in smaller houses, or how it is somehow a good thing that 'we' are living in a sh*t-stained stresshole of a country. Notice the 'we', like we're all mates and a big happy family with old mother BBC looking after us. Give me GMTV with little Johnny and his Leukemia at ten to eight any day. You actually feel less pissed-off in the morning.

HOLA448

Mark, London

I've been thinking about doing this for a long time, makes a lot of sense.