House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

U S Release Key Inflation Data And Its Bad, Very Bad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5191490.stm

Fuel pushes up US producer prices

BBC breaking news

Prices of US manufactured goods shot up in June at their fastest rate for two and a half years, figures have shown, as food and energy costs rose.
The 0.5% increase in producer prices outstripped expectations, and may help push US interest rates still higher.
The Federal Reserve has raised rates by a quarter-point every month since June 2004, to their current level of 5.25%.
Stripping out food and fuel costs, however, the rise was just 0.2% - in line with forecasts.

Looks like a few more hikes from Ben. What now Gordon? Gordon, Gordon....are you there? Gordon!!!

Edited by Realistbear

I think this is called the lagging effect. Once inflation starts its rise it needs greater inputs at the rate end to stem it. I think a rise or two more is in order this year in the US.

Thank god things are ok if I strip out of my life those pesky luxuries like food and transport costs.

Love it.

Exactly. When idiotic governments rely on price inflation, let alone wage inflation, to determine their policies, they end up having to raise rates far higher than they would have done if they'd based their policies on money supply inflation.

By the time prices start to rise as a result of money supply inflation, it's too late to stop without big rate rises to suck up most of that money. By the time wages start to rise it's way, way too late.

Even after all the rubbing and scrubbing and statistically falsifying of the raw price inflation numbers and "adjusting" the contents of the market basket they are measuring, this is the best lie they can come up with? Hahaha! I laugh in contempt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5191490.stm

Fuel pushes up US producer prices

BBC breaking news

Prices of US manufactured goods shot up in June at their fastest rate for two and a half years, figures have shown, as food and energy costs rose.
The 0.5% increase in producer prices outstripped expectations, and may help push US interest rates still higher.
The Federal Reserve has raised rates by a quarter-point every month since June 2004, to their current level of 5.25%.
Stripping out food and fuel costs, however, the rise was just 0.2% - in line with forecasts.

Looks like a few more hikes from Ben. What now Gordon? Gordon, Gordon....are you there? Gordon!!!

A guy on Bloomberg just said there could be several more rate increases.

The last time PPI was at this level interest rates were 6%.

Guest mattsta1964

I'll be fine!

I will walk everywhere, buy extra blankets and pullovers for next winter and stock up on the Tesco's 'Basic as ******' range.

Guest Bart of Darkness

today just gets better and better

Gordy's doing a Samson act, bringing everything crashing down on himself.

samson-2.jpg

If I was Gordon (and I am mightly glad I am not) I would bite the bullet and raise rates now, Tony doesnt plan to stand down for at least a year so get it out the way now. There is no way he can hold off a year.