House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OzzMosiz

Get On Now - House Prices Are Going Up

Just had my mate email me saying "house prices are going up". I told him about Rightmove being "asking prices" and Ireland

and the North distoring the whole of the UK. Response? "I still think house prices will continue to go up" and

"you've been saying that for years and nothing has happened. Buy now"

Sigh :rolleyes:

Edited by OzzMosiz

Why don't you get links from the times about financial stability (boe report), bad debt, employment, carry trades and email saying "reduce your debt now..." blah blah blah

Or you could just consider people like that not a very good friend as I do.

Just had my mate email me saying "house prices are going up". I told him about Rightmove being "asking prices" and Ireland

and the North distoring the whole of the UK. Response? "I still think house prices will continue to go up" and

House prices are just there where they were two years ago, atleast in my neck of the woods. Sales transactions are well down and new instructions are well up. So God (or Rightmove) knows which part of the island prices are going up.

keep on looking at home.co.uk, transactions still well down sale prices arent rising (how can they?) We are right at the edges of affordability...

House prices are just there where they were two years ago, atleast in my neck of the woods. Sales transactions are well down and new instructions are well up. So God (or Rightmove) knows which part of the island prices are going up.

Same here. Prices near me have remained static now for a year and a half. Absolutely no movement.

keep on looking at home.co.uk, transactions still well down sale prices arent rising (how can they?) We are right at the edges of affordability...

I have been monitoring sales transactions in my area B28 on houseprices and nethouseprices. While the average sale transactions used to be about 55-60 per month two years ago (varying figures for different seasons), it has now comedown to 25-30. That too after all this hype of winter and spring bounce this year. So low transactions and only good houses selling are distorting all figures. So if you do the research for own, it speaks loud and clear, houses are not selling and prices are coming down, atleast in real terms. Though i do not witness a crash as such having started as yet but if things continued like this anyone's guess what we have in store for future.

But Rightmove have been categoric that it's the South that's now driving the average price rises not the North.

Your reasons above were possibly true last year - perhaps not now. Don't get caught in a mindset that you're always right.

I listened to Miles on Radio 4 this morning (5:20am!!) he was very careful to say it's a very localised phenomenon both in area and type of housing where in particular cases demand is far outweighing supply.

Guest mattsta1964

But Rightmove have been categoric that it's the South that's now driving the average price rises not the North.

Your reasons above were possibly true last year - perhaps not now. Don't get caught in a mindset that you're always right.

I listened to Miles on Radio 4 this morning (5:20am!!) he was very careful to say it's a very localised phenomenon both in area and type of housing where in particular cases demand is far outweighing supply.

The sudden surge in prices seems to be compensating for the lull in June when the World Cup temporarily killed the market. It wont last