House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BenH

Hpc - What Hpc- Look At Sw London As An Example

Can any of you HPC predictionists tell what is happening where I am in SW London, and what is being seen in other parts of London.

The prices here are rocketing.

The bungalow in New Malden I saw 2 weeks ago that needed total renovation has had its asking price increased from £450K to £500k. This is 2 days after we put in an offer of £430K. They had so many offers above the asking price the vendor has rasied the asking price.

This has happened to 3 other properties around our way in the past few weeks. Sh*tty semi's that would sell for £150K in a suburb in Brum are selling for £600k here.

There seemed a lull in the market in June, but it has really picked up here & prices seemed to have gone up by 10-20% since last year when we sold.

A drop of 20% would be deemed a HPC by many on here, so how and what do u call this ?..

The SSTR like ourselves have lost out on a huge scale as we have missed out on the price increases in the past year..

It seems to me that all the posts made by people here on the BOJ IR rises or the Euro IR rate rises are just clutching at straws hoping it will affect the HP in this country.

And pray, tell me, how the f*ck willl interest rises made by the BoJ affect us.?. Sweet eff all. Unless OUR IR rise significantly, I will continue to sound cheesed off, and just accept high house prices are here to stay..

It would help when people post, they mention where they are in the country. I don't doubt there are price drops in other parts of the country, but I don't want some Northerner in a flat cap living in a small terraced street telling me the HPC has started because a few houses on his street have gone down by 10%. Because it HASN'T down here. ok?!

Apologies if I sound angry, but these latest price increases have just dented my chances of buying a decent house for my family.

Guest Bart of Darkness
but I don't want some Northerner in a flat cap living in a small terraced street telling me the HPC has started

What century are you living in?

Is it essential that you bring up your family in south west london?

I hate to say it but people living in SW/Surrey postcodes tend to be very shallow materialistic and money obsessed individuals. There are 150,000 +households in London living in overcrowded conditions and 50,000 families in temporary accommodation. Stop whingeing and count yourself and your family lucky you can afford to pay £430k for a house!.

Can any of you HPC predictionists tell what is happening where I am in SW London, and what is being seen in other parts of London.

The prices here are rocketing.

The bungalow in New Malden I saw 2 weeks ago that needed total renovation has had its asking price increased from £450K to £500k. This is 2 days after we put in an offer of £430K. They had so many offers above the asking price the vendor has rasied the asking price.

This has happened to 3 other properties around our way in the past few weeks. Sh*tty semi's that would sell for £150K in a suburb in Brum are selling for £600k here.

It would help when people post, they mention where they are in the country. I don't doubt there are price drops in other parts of the country, but I don't want some Northerner in a flat cap living in a small terraced street telling me the HPC has started because a few houses on his street have gone down by 10%. Because it HASN'T down here. ok?!

Apologies if I sound angry, but these latest price increases have just dented my chances of buying a decent house for my family.

I know just what you mean!

Can you believe that in south london, for no extra benefits, there are folk that are quite prepared to offer £430k for a house that only 3/4 years ago would have fetched £200k.

If it wasn't for this ridiculous 'I must buy at any cost' attitude there would not be a house price problem.

Oh, that's you, isn't it?

Have a word with the man in the mirror!!

I know just what you mean!

Can you believe that in south london, for no extra benefits, there are folk that are quite prepared to offer £430k for a house that only 3/4 years ago would have fetched £200k.

If it wasn't for this ridiculous 'I must buy at any cost' attitude there would not be a house price problem.

Oh, that's you, isn't it?

Have a word with the man in the mirror!!

But the fact that he could contemplate doing it indicates something doesn't it, him and many others?

Guest mattsta1964

But the fact that he could contemplate doing it indicates something doesn't it, him and many others?

Insanity!

The naivety of people who would even consider it. It is staggering that people could be so foolish.

I've got 84K to pay on my mortgage and I'm sh*tting myself every day and then I read about people prepared to pay 430K for a run down semi in New Malden.

UTTER UTTER MADNESS

Insanity!

The naivety of people who would even consider it. It is staggering that people could be so foolish.

I've got 84K to pay on my mortgage and I'm sh*tting myself every day and then I read about people prepared to pay 430K for a run down semi in New Malden.

UTTER UTTER MADNESS

It may be madness, but if sufficient people are doing it then that is the value of the properties, I'm afraid. And if there are more people like that than there are cautious people like you, then you will be the loser.

It may be madness, but if sufficient people are doing it then that is the value of the properties, I'm afraid. And if there are more people like that than there are cautious people like you, then you will be the loser.

But only for so long. . . . . When the trend reverses, the careful will win and cash will be king.

This is all about credit and the availability of people to borrow.

Rightmove is utter dross and their methodology has been shown to be flawed and to be highly biased towards reporting HPI, which sometimes is not there.