House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
greengreen

Letter From Estate Agent

Received this through the letterbox over the weekend. Carefully worded and quite interesting. I have typed it up in case the image is too low quality.

The Owner

Battersea

London

SW11

July 2006

Dear Homeonwner

Re: Market Overview

The market has improved significantly over the past 6 moths and sellers have been reaping the rewards, as demand for property is vastly outstripping supply and we are seeing peak prices being achieved.

With the market showing no sigh of slowing through the summer, as is the usual trend, there are obvious benefits in taking advantage of the shortage of properties for sale at this time.

There is widespread speculation of an interest rate increase in either August or September of this year and this will inevitably trigger some apprehension amongst buyers, particularly those who are looking for a first purchase.

In addition, Home Informatio Packs are due to be introduced on the 1st of June 2007. The home information packs have not yet been clearly defined with the draft regulations potentially subject to further change and a number of grey areas still in evidence.

One thing however that does seem certain is it will leave the seller bearing more of a financial burden. Potentially we could see a deluge of property coming to the market this autumn and early next year, with sellers trying to exchange and complete on transactions prior to the introduction of HIP's.

Featherstone-Leigh is a well established, privately owned company with offices strategically located across South West London. We have a large database of buyers which is aided by our extensive advertising in both local and national press and through our own website and other portal web sites. We also have a PR company to promote our properties through even wider media sources.

If you have any queries about how this may affect your future plans, please do not hesitate to contact me at the Battersea office for an informal consultantion.

Your sincerely .....

fl.jpg

post-4797-1153077741_thumb.jpg

"Carefully worded and quite intersting" - my a%se

I know the SW London estate agents types. Age 16-23, spiky hair with mullet - and oh yes the pin stripe and fat tie. Now, I'm sure most people who had that letter pushed through their door thought, oh sh1t, better sell quick on the advice of above 16-23 year old macroeconomist, who wants to blow the commission on Vodka Redbulls, and really cares that I'm may miss the boat of selling my property at a peak price.

It's a lame sales flyer. I don't know, prices may go up or down by 50% next month in Battersea, but don't tell me that an letter with crystal ball economic commentary from some f%$kwit with one GSCE is carefully worded and intersting.

I think the original poster simply meant that the wording of the letter was interesting because it was less bullish than usual, coming from an EA. And I agree with them.

They certainly didn't imply the writer of the letter to be a genius, nor that he had more than one GCSE. What an allegation!

"Carefully worded and quite intersting" - my a%se

I know the SW London estate agents types. Age 16-23, spiky hair with mullet - and oh yes the pin stripe and fat tie. Now, I'm sure most people who had that letter pushed through their door thought, oh sh1t, better sell quick on the advice of above 16-23 year old macroeconomist, who wants to blow the commission on Vodka Redbulls, and really cares that I'm may miss the boat of selling my property at a peak price.

It's a lame sales flyer. I don't know, prices may go up or down by 50% next month in Battersea, but don't tell me that an letter with crystal ball economic commentary from some f%$kwit with one GSCE is carefully worded and intersting.

I really enjoyed your descriptoin of a SW London estate agent type, I can picture them immediately.

What I meant by the post was that, having seen so many of these letters before, this one did sound more negative and it raised some issues that I didnt expect EAs to mention.