House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest housep

Ok. I Am Scared And Worried!

Guest housep

The more I read this site and others like it the more worried I get for myself and others in my position. I am in major debt and have a large IO mortgage, and more than aware I may loose my house. I wish to god I had been more sensible with money. The way things are looking, I may never have the family I dream of in my current home. I also won't have time to rebuy and settle before my body says no to kids. I apologise for some things in previose topics, just shows the true scale of my worry.

housep,

If you don't mind me asking what is the financial scale of your problem? i.e. income, outgoings, maybe some of the top guys here could offer you some sound advice.

It would also help us to understand the scale of the problem. A Friend of mine has a debt of £120,000 (mortgage and top up loan - costing £1150 a month) and a monthly income between two of them of around £2500. he's talking about borrowing more to buy abroad! I thinks how can he be allowed to borrow any more and that he's mad.

He just won't listen.

The more I read this site and others like it the more worried I get for myself and others in my position. I am in major debt and have a large IO mortgage, and more than aware I may loose my house. I wish to god I had been more sensible with money. The way things are looking, I may never have the family I dream of in my current home. I also won't have time to rebuy and settle before my body says no to kids. I apologise for some things in previose topics, just shows the true scale of my worry.

Dealing with Debt - Motley Fool

D

"I may never have the family I dream of in my current home. I also won't have time to rebuy and settle before my body says no to kids."

Don't worry, you'll get used to it........just ask any priced out ftb's......they'll tell you the same thing.

Guest housep

OK, we together owe £20k about, most will be cleared by this time next year. the rest by monthly loan till 2010, but sooner if I have enough savings. Our house is valued at 160K, with IO mortgarge of 136k. If hp fell, we would go into neg eq by the time we want to move to a repay mortgage in 2008. But once the debt is cleared next year, we aim to save 16k. But all this only works if hp are the same by late 2008, which looking at this site I doubt. I am very worried. We have no plans to move, but want to start a family if this goes to plan. Why risk a childs security?

Guest housep

together we bring home 2500, outgoings upto that with house hold bills, loans, food and the credit cards, plus my husbands tax bill. Some months we can pay 1k off a cc, which are on 0%.

You are right to be concerned, but dont just believe what you read on here, balance it with other information sources...otherwise you wont sleep at night!

My advice would be to take advantage of the low interest rate environment we presently 'enjoy' whilst you still can. Pay off as much as you can now and cut back on on essential outgoings. My personal opinion, is that you should try to find a long term fixed rate repayment mortgage, although you may have missed the best deals now (in light of the current world climate).

Guest housep

We are unable to move the mortgage as it is a fixed 3 year % and the penalty is huge. Instead we will try and save more. roughly 700 every 3 months, which should bring the about we need down when we move it to a repay M. I just don't want to lose the house.

We are unable to move the mortgage as it is a fixed 3 year % and the penalty is huge. Instead we will try and save more. roughly 700 every 3 months, which should bring the about we need down when we move it to a repay M. I just don't want to lose the house.

Well poor old Housep

You are in a bit of a pickle are'nt you. I suppose you were marched into the bank/building society and forced to take on all this debt. No the problem your in is all of your own making you have been a proper sausage jockey and now you will just have to swallow it. May i suggest you use any spare income to invest in KY jelly becuase your going to be needing loads when them repayments start slamming into your hole.

Cheers and best of luck

Guest housep

Well poor old Housep

You are in a bit of a pickle are'nt you. I suppose you were marched into the bank/building society and forced to take on all this debt. No the problem your in is all of your own making you have been a proper sausage jockey and now you will just have to swallow it. May i suggest you use any spare income to invest in KY jelly becuase your going to be needing loads when them repayments start slamming into your hole.

Cheers and best of luck

Thanks for that. I really think you should shut up. Don't patronise me! Bet you never made a mistake!!!!!!!!! You have no idea why I/we got into debt. We are working very hard to get on the right track. At least we will never get into debt again. Maybe the HPC won't happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well poor old Housep

Cheers and best of luck

cruel, very cruel!

let me guess - are you a bailiff?

or do you think the OP is saraya beg, the travails of whom have been discussed endlessly on this site... :P

THIS SITE IS FULL OF SAD F**KING IDIOTS WHO HAVE NO LIFE AND NEED TO MAKE UP FOR IT......... THERE WILL BE NO CRASH. INTERESTS WON'T RISE BY MORE THAN 0.75%. THE CRASH OF THE 90S WAS DUE TO IR BEING RAISED BY THE CONSERATIVES BY ABOVE 15%. THATS WHY BOE HAVE CONTROL. THEY ARE NOT STUPID ENOUGH TO SEND US INTO ANOTHER RECESION. WHO WOULD BENEFIT???????????? NOT THE GOVERNMENT FOR SURE. THE MORTGAGE FIRMS WANT TO KEEP PEOPLE IN THERE HOUSES AS A REPOSSESION = THE LOSS OF FULL TERM BORROWING INTEREST. THE MORTGAGE FIRM WOULD LOOSE. THE LOT OF YOU NEED TO GET A GRIP AND A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Something of a change of sentiment , eh housep?

Hmmm , I wonder....

ABB

Guest housep

Something of a change of sentiment , eh housep?

Hmmm , I wonder....

ABB

Being scard causes me denial and anger. I am sorry to offend people. Ban me from the site if you want.

I think the OP is a fake.

ah yes - i think you are right.

the next post on from yours confirms it - "denial and anger"

the OP's mispellings are a nice touch as well :rolleyes:

nice spot on your part "set a troll to catch a troll, eh" :P

Thanks for that. I really think you should shut up. Don't patronise me! Bet you never made a mistake!!!!!!!!! You have no idea why I/we got into debt. We are working very hard to get on the right track. At least we will never get into debt again. Maybe the HPC won't happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" we are working very hard to get on the right track" . Well work harder then you fool

" bet you never made a mistake !!!!!!!". Not as big as the one you have made you fool

" at least we will never get into debt again". You might be right on this one because when you have had all your assets seized for non-payment you wont be able to get any more credit.

Please think carefully before investing in KY jelly shares as they can go down as well as up.

PS. make sure you keep up with the repayments and dont work to hard

Guest housep

I think the OP is a fake.

ah yes - i think you are right.

the next post on from yours confirms it - "denial and anger"

the OP's mispellings are a nice touch as well :rolleyes:

nice spot on your part "set a troll to catch a troll, eh" :P

Wahts an OP?

If I am right, in 3 years I will have lost my home and be on the street. I will rent for ever then.

"I may never have the family I dream of in my current home. I also won't have time to rebuy and settle before my body says no to kids."

Don't worry, you'll get used to it........just ask any priced out ftb's......they'll tell you the same thing.

Look you dont need to own a home to have kids (or to get married)- choose quality of life over some media dictated lifestyle.

Guest housep

" we are working very hard to get on the right track" . Well work harder then you fool We both work 6 days a week. My husband is ill, so needs time to rest overwise he would be very sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

" bet you never made a mistake !!!!!!!". Not as big as the one you have made you fool. I am not the only person to do this, I will recover.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" at least we will never get into debt again". You might be right on this one because when you have had all your assets seized for non-payment you wont be able to get any more credit. We will never miss any payment to the mortgage, cc or loan. THATS FOR SURE

Please think carefully before investing in KY jelly shares as they can go down as well as up. I wll never need KY Jelly.

PS. make sure you keep up with the repayments and dont work to hard Patronising twit

Well poor old Housep

Cheers and best of luck

Manners maketh man :lol:

OK, we together owe £20k about, most will be cleared by this time next year. the rest by monthly loan till 2010, but sooner if I have enough savings. Our house is valued at 160K, with IO mortgarge of 136k. If hp fell, we would go into neg eq by the time we want to move to a repay mortgage in 2008. But once the debt is cleared next year, we aim to save 16k. But all this only works if hp are the same by late 2008, which looking at this site I doubt. I am very worried. We have no plans to move, but want to start a family if this goes to plan. Why risk a childs security?

together we bring home 2500, outgoings upto that with house hold bills, loans, food and the credit cards, plus my husbands tax bill. Some months we can pay 1k off a cc, which are on 0%.

If you really want to avoid repossession and negative equity.

I suggest you sell now, even if you have to pay a penalty it must be less than what you will lose in capital depreciation in the coming years.

Move into a rented house, and enjoy a more care-free lifestyle. :)

Personally I don't even see what the problem is with bringing up kids in rented accomodation would be.

Guest housep

Look you dont need to own a home to have kids (or to get married)- choose quality of life over some media dictated lifestyle.

If you really want to avoid repossession and negative equity.

I suggest you sell now, even if you have to pay a penalty it must be less than what you will lose in capital depreciation in the coming years.

Move into a rented house, and enjoy a more care-free lifestyle. :)

Personally I don't even see what the problem is with bringing up kids in rented accomodation would be.

WE ARE AVOIDING REPOSSESION!!!!!! MAKING PAYMENTS AND SAVING

I,m glad you have thought about the KY jelly investment. I think your very premature to decide you wont need any, im personally not so sure. I implore you to revisit your decision about KY jelly shares i would not want you to get burnt when the big repayments kick down your back door.

Cheers

Guest housep

I am leaving this site. Its too negative. I feel sorry for all your doomsters. May you have long and miserable lives. I am going to keep my house, get out of debt and be happy and laugh at the whole HPC sh*t. BYE Loosers

Wahts an OP?

If I am right, in 3 years I will have lost my home and be on the street. I will rent for ever then.

OP = original poster

but surely, by definition if you are renting somewhere then you won't be out on the street, will you?

people who are homeless are usually so because they have some bad mental illness. a lot are ex-services who find it hard to adjust back to civilian life.

you just appear to owe a chunk of money to someone. the absolute worst thing that can happen is that you go bankrupt. bankruptcy has very little "stigma" these days for whatever reason (don't get me started on that one!)- give it 18 months and i promise you it will be the "new black". anyone who is anyone will be bankrupt, dahling! :P they will be doing TV programmes on it -"Pro-Celebrity Bankruptcy" or such like...

I am leaving this site. Its too negative. I feel sorry for all your doomsters. May you have long and miserable lives. I am going to keep my house, get out of debt and be happy and laugh at the whole HPC sh*t. BYE Loosers

goodbye honey - shut the door on the way out willya?! :)