House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Invasion Of The Estate Agents

Maybe you can take some pleasure from the fact that lots of them will become unemployed because of either the crash or the rise of internet sales. Lots of sales take place on an Swedish verison of ebay. There are some very detailed official forms giving all the house details which must be completed and signed, photos of every room, all sides of the house and a map showing the location. You can still go and view the house yourself but with this amount of information you dont need an EA.

Maybe you can take some pleasure from the fact that lots of them will become unemployed because of either the crash or the rise of internet sales. Lots of sales take place on an Swedish verison of ebay. There are some very detailed official forms giving all the house details which must be completed and signed, photos of every room, all sides of the house and a map showing the location. You can still go and view the house yourself but with this amount of information you dont need an EA.

People use estate agents not because they haven't got the sense to measure up their rooms and create some cr@ppy details. They use them because they don't want to spend hundreds of pounds on newspaper advertising week in, week out, until they sell their house and, more importantly, they like having a 3rd party between them and their buyer.

I've viewed dozens, if not hundreds of houses in my time - I've had people almost panic stricken if they sense I am interested - 'okay, well if you're interested you'll talk to the agent ... ' meaning 'for God's sake don't come back here and try to talk directly to me - I can't handle a negotiation like that'