House Price Crash Forum

Britain & World Set For 'hard Landing'

I can't actually bring myself to read mainstream articles - the "growth may drop off by 0.1% and inflation may soar away by an incremental 0.015% over the next year" style myopia is laughable. I just thought the headline was the first sign of his veneer cracking.

typical economist - watch him bend in the breeze... <_<

your post inspired me to look at his website:-

http://www.economicsuk.com/blog/

there is a hilarious piece right at the bottom right of the home page entitled "Are mortgage payments 42% of take-home pay?"

in the 'comments' section DS gets a good working over from amongst others, el pirata from here. **waves**

DS tried to ban someone from posting but they came back at him via a proxy server. classic stuff! :lol:

Edited by gasket37

A significant day.

I was out for Sunday Lunch with a family friend - a property bull.

The conversation turns to the inevitable. "We've reached a turning point ..." he says. "Oil prices, rising interest rates ... Japan have raised theirs you know..!".

He had read the Sunday Times article and listened to Radio 2 on Friday lunchtime when Martyn Lewis was talking about a property crash. He is your average guy. He is my general public thermometer. He's gone cold.

A significant day.

I was out for Sunday Lunch with a family friend - a property bull.

The conversation turns to the inevitable. "We've reached a turning point ..." he says. "Oil prices, rising interest rates ... Japan have raised theirs you know..!".

He had read the Sunday Times article and listened to Radio 2 on Friday lunchtime when Martyn Lewis was talking about a property crash. He is your average guy. He is my general public thermometer. He's gone cold.

very significant.

my thermometer is my brother. the council are proposing building a bypass near his home and his neighbour has said that he is going to sell his house and move away.

my brother wants to buy it as a BTL "so at least we can control who lives in it" :(

believe me - this **must** be the high water mark of this particular boom.

also - where has bruno got to? i haven't seen one of his posts for ages now. perhaps he is on holiday somewhere.

i imagine him renting a caravan on a flyblown site somewhere on the north norfolk coast, trolling (sic) down to the beach each day and making the parents feel uncomfortable by staring at their children...

**shudders**

Oddly my sister suggested the same thing today. I mentioned that perhaps the outbreak of WW3 wasn't the best time to buy. :lol: (Just kidding of course.)

**chortle**

it is amazing, isn't it?

still, as retail banks, building societies and central banks can't seem to price risk then how can joe public?

perhaps it really is a "new paradigm" :P

in an earlier life i can just picture my bro. completing on a BTL in downtown Warsaw on 31st August 1939 :blink:

it is starting to feel like a major, major conflict is about to kick off. :(

**chortle**

it is amazing, isn't it?

still, as retail banks, building societies and central banks can't seem to price risk then how can joe public?

perhaps it really is a "new paradigm" :P

in an earlier life i can just picture my bro. completing on a BTL in downtown Warsaw on 31st August 1939 :blink:

it is starting to feel like a major, major conflict is about to kick off. :(

certainly is....and people thought I was crackers for referring to torah,bible code and nostradamus.....hate to say I told them so.

...this one's gonna get a bucket-load worse.

yet more proof:senator john mccain,favourite to stand for office as the republican

candidate in 2008,is reported to want to team up with jeb bush as vice.

quatrain in nostradamus refers to the third war escalating because of

vengeful notions of one of two brothers amidst chaos,the third of his line.

...oops,sounds like george is in for a tough time,jeb wants payback.

oh,and he would be third in this particular dynasty to hold office,after george snr+jnr.

certainly is....and people thought I was crackers for referring to torah,bible code and nostradamus.....hate to say I told them so.

...this one's gonna get a bucket-load worse.

yet more proof:senator john mccain,favourite to stand for office as the republican

candidate in 2008,is reported to want to team up with jeb bush as vice.

quatrain in nostradamus refers to the third war escalating because of

vengeful notions of one of two brothers amidst chaos,the third of his line.

...oops,sounds like george is in for a tough time,jeb wants payback.

oh,and he would be third in this particular dynasty to hold office,after george snr+jnr.

I was into Nostradamus stuff as well. As a young boy I was terribly disappointed when the

predicted armageddon didn't arrive as predicted in 1999.

Did he actually predict 2006 as a year when things would get bad?

I seem to remember the bible code specifies two years 2004, or 2006 when

terrible things would happen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

and people thought I was crackers for referring to torah,bible code and nostradamus.

How many predictions did Nostradamus make and how many have 'come true'?

Show me the money!

p.s. you are crackers if you take that stuff seriously, and don't do yourself or the forum any favours by mentioning it.

The Bible code has been shown to be utter toss. Either that or Moby Dick really does predict the future as well.

Nostradamus was a scholar and had a feel for the rhtythm of history. My bet is that most of his work was guesswork although a few predictions seem to have come true. A bit like predicting a HPC. It has a 100% certainty of occuring but its the timing that is important to know.

On the other hand, the Bible does contain a lot of porphecies that concern the nation of Israel and how, at the end of history, the nation is embroiled in a world wide conflict that consists of enemies that surround it (Arab nations), a powerful Western guarantor of its peace and safety (could be the the US or the EU--England guaranteed Israel's safety when it became a nation again in 1948), and war involving catastophic destruction such that fish float to the top of the sea, lakes of glass form in the dessert (Nuclear explosions melt sand to form "lakes"), international trade by ships is thwarted (oil tankers?) and vast areas around Israel are destroyed where all forms of life cannot survive, a powerful new religion led by a charismatic and influential leader, a political leader (anti-christ) who appears to have all the answers to the world's problems following a massive asset value meltdown, central control of credit (the mark of the beast), and the interference in the conflict by a nation able to call 200 million troops into action (China?). Each of these things are specifically mentioned in the Bible and it seems that many are coming to pass in our present timeframe. Each assumes that the nation of Israel exists which, prior to 1948, was not the case as the Jewish people had been dispersed by the Romans in 70 AD after Domitian took down the Temple. Thus, Israel is central to the prophecies and had Israel been destroyed by Hitler in WW2 or by the Arabs in 1967 all bets would have been off. But Israel was not destroyed as we know and it stands today as the most important nation on earth around which all conflicts ultimately focus--both religious and economic--for some strange reason. It's enemies include what the Bible describes in the Old Testamant as the Kingdom of Gog and Magog which today is known as Russia and the southern provinces where Muslims hold a lot of control.

Makes you think doesn't it?

Makes you think doesn't it?

Makes me think he got all the letters into grids and shuffled them around until he found words to pick out that would sell well in the mass-market tripe section of the bookstore. You could do the same with any decent length book (and indeed, people have); he chose the bible because nobody would believe "The Lord of the Rings Code"!

The Mayan Calendar ends in December 2012 ...... seems a pretty accurate date for the shit to hit the fan :D

Not quite; more that, come 2012, the Mayan date system will have to add another digit to the front. I'm afraid we're in for an eternity of HPI.

I was into Nostradamus stuff as well. As a young boy I was terribly disappointed when the

predicted armageddon didn't arrive as predicted in 1999.

Did he actually predict 2006 as a year when things would get bad?

I seem to remember the bible code specifies two years 2004, or 2006 when

terrible things would happen. Correct me if I'm wrong.

correct.

2012 sounds like a good date to me! The Jewish writings explain human history as three sets of 2000 years. 2000 years from Creation to the giving of the law. 2000 years from the giving of the law to the coming of the Messiah. 2000 years from the Messiah to the final curtain on this world as we know it.

As the Biblical prophecies point toward the final conflict being in the Middle East with Russia (Gog and Magog) playing a central role with Israel having a western backer it seems that all of the political pieces are in place.

The Mayans would have been influenced by the Babylonains who are thoght to have migrated far afield. The Babylonians picked up pieces of information from the Hebrews when they held the Jewish nation captive around 625 BC. The Mayan data seems to align itslef with the Jewish writings which suggests some accuracy. If you believe in that kind of thing that is. <_<