7-7

Madrid

Bombay

Nigeria

UN sanctions on North Korea

Lebanon

Palestine

Need I go on.

And oil is at an all-time high, which is my HPC yardstick.

Business is clearly not rosey and house prices are no different. One does not benefit in war. It's costly and there are unfortunate casualties.

This is a foched up world and the leaders are inadequate and have been for some time now.

9-11

Pakistan

Iraq

7-7

Madrid

Bombay

Nigeria

Lebanon

Palestine

Need I go on.

Business is clearly not rosey and house prices are no different. One does not benefit in war. It's costly and there are unfortunate casualties.

This is a foched up world and the leaders are inadequate and have been for some time now.

My sentiments exactly. This has been a grim week.

Guest mattsta1964

9-11

Pakistan

Iraq

7-7

Madrid

Bombay

Nigeria

Lebanon

Palestine

Need I go on.

The American soldiers coined the acronym FUBAR during WW2.

Fekked Up Beyond All Recognition!

How fitting!

9-11

Pakistan

Iraq

7-7

Madrid

Bombay

Nigeria

Lebanon

Palestine

Need I go on.

"9-11

Pakistan

Iraq

7-7

Madrid

Bombay

Nigeria

Lebanon

Palestine

Need I go on.

Yeah, I know where you're coming from but all of those things above - well, you have no control over anyway so why worry about things like that? I have long given up listening to the news on TV or radio....my life is still going on and yours will too....just don't worry about things that you have no control over. Live your life....

Decent people doing decent things every day.

Families and friends getting together on a summer's afternoon.

Organizing a birthday party for your son and watching his face beam when he scores the winning point in a frisbee match.

The incredible bravery of a brother stricken with cancer for the second time who endured a lot of pain to be at his nephew's party.

Yeah, I know where you're coming from but all of those things above - well, you have no control over anyway so why worry about things like that? I have long given up listening to the news on TV or radio....my life is still going on and yours will too....just don't worry about things that you have no control over. Live your life....

It's our debt through mortgages that pays for this stuff. No I can't happily live while this goes on. Israel is hugely backed by the U.S. military for example.

I'm unhappy about the financial structure of housing debt to pay for these things. It's a big moral argument for me and I find it difficult to accept the easy U.K. life with the less fortunate yet appreciate it.

I don't see why oil is privitised after nations pay for the bills for the resources to be occupied by private comapnies.

It gets me down maan - you know what I mean.

Guest mattsta1964

Organizing a birthday party for your son and watching his face beam when he scores the winning point in a frisbee match.

The incredible bravery of a brother stricken with cancer for the second time who endured a lot of pain to be at his nephew's party.

Thanks Marina. That really puts everything in perspective. I need to lighten up

I know you guys mean well but a forum for me is where one can make a point and not be apathetic.

I would not not be apathetic about the loss of you babies lives and the blowing up of your grandparents in an air raid. I want to feel sad and I want to know what one can do. It appears government is so far away from our hearts and into our psyches that anything goes.

I'm still not happy and if it was your family neither would you be.

I'm gutted that my country has let me down again, aren't you all?

An for the FTB as the system is not about freedom.

I'm really not amused - so I have a plan. A secret plan :D:D:D

It's called fuch to debt. :lol::lol:

Edited by music man

1 ) Religious and economic desires require pro western / zionist control of the Mid East

2 ) Israel is not powerful enough to do the job on its own.

3 ) 911 gives US excuse to take out what is seen as a major opponent - Iraq

4 ) Israel prepares for offensive by building huge blast walls - effectively the same as trenches, under guise of security.

5 ) Iran proposes euro denominated oil exchange, upping the stakes.

6 ) US makes the old WMD claim against Iran.

7 ) Bush / PNAC have no popular support for further engagement, but effective destruction of Iraq means Israel can do the job / act as agent provocateur.

8 ) Capture of israeli soldier allows Israel to re-invade former occupied territories. Disproportionate use of force is used to provoke hezbollah.

9 ) When Hezbollah assists Hamas, Israel attacks Lebanon and perpares to invade, with intention to fully provoke Syria and Iran.

10 ) In meantime accuse Iran of supplying weapons to hezbollah. US refuses to intervene.

11 ) As Israeli casualties mount US jewish lobby will allow US to strike at Iran and then Syria.

That's right : the religious right have planned this from the word go.

The result? It will prove unsuccessful for both religious and economic reasons. But what the heck. The loonies are running the asylum.

Edited by Sledgehead

1 ) Religious and economic desires require pro western / zionist control of the Mid East

2 ) Israel is not powerful enough to do the job on its own.

3 ) 911 gives US excuse to take out what is seen as a major opponent - Iraq

4 ) Israel prepares for offensive by building huge blast walls - effectively the same as trenches, under guise of security.

4 ) Iran proposes euro denominated oil exchange, upping the stakes.

5 ) US makes the old WMD claim against Iran.

6 ) Bush / PNAC have no popular support for further engagement, but effective destruction of Iraq means Israel can do the job / act as agent provocateur.

7 ) Capture of israeli soldier allows Israel to re-invade former occupied territories. Disproportionate use of force is used to provoke hezbollah.

8 ) When Hezbollah assists Hamas, Israel attacks Lebanon and perpares to invade, with intention to fully provoke Syria and Iran.

9 ) In meantime accuse Iran of supplying weapons to hezbollah. US refuses to intervene.

10 ) As Israeli casualties mount US jewish lobby will allow US to strike at Iran and then Syria.

That's right : the religious right have planned this from the word go.

The result? It will prove unsuccessful for both religious and economic reasons. But what the heck. The loonies are running the asylum.

Well put. It's gonna unfold in the most predictable manner possible.

Well put. It's gonna unfold in the most predictable manner possible.

The sad thing is I'm aerian, male, well off and brought up a protestant (tho now agnostic). I have no vested interest in imagining conspiracies. If I were a Muslim on the other hand .... Let's just say I fear for the stability of this country if our leaders (such as they are) fail to stop all out war.

Guest Alright Jack

zzzzzz

Are you telling people that things will be OK to jsut keep doing nothing. people need to wake up and all should do their part else the world will be full of slaves and a few very rich masters pulling the strings, i'll fight for freedom, what about you !

... trouble is, most of those bad things prompt central bankers to say 'better keep interest rates low to compensate for ....'

We need an interest rate hike - preferably big, to kick the complacency out of the market.

some ignorant moron decided to shout out of his car 'And another one bites the dust!'

This opens up the 'freedom of speech' debate again (see threads regarding the death of David Walton). Can any of you 'I have a right to say whatever I think' advocates defend this??

Marina, I hope you extracted an apology from this scum.

This opens up the 'freedom of speech' debate again (see threads regarding the death of David Walton). Can any of you 'I have a right to say whatever I think' advocates defend this??

Marina, I hope you extracted an apology from this scum.

I shouldn't have responded really, but you're right, scum is a good description for that idiot.

Thanks guys for showing me that there is compassion and hope. I thought I'd be gunned down for my views here.

Really it pleases me to think that there are decent folk who think for themselves and will not accept murder under the guise of poloitical spin.

Thou shalt not....... ? insert many things that are backed by big business and govt.