House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Converted Lurker

Handsoffourfuture

Someone needs to put that woman from 'First rung now' straight on her comments about mortgage sharing. :angry:

Any takers on this? If no one takes this up I'll try and put something together in response.

More shared ownership? Quoi? How can people form such a logical argument then AT THE LAST MOMENT demonstrate that they don't get it at all. Solution is simple: release more land for housebuilding/ relax planning controls AND deter people from "investing" in property. :rolleyes:

Someone needs to put that woman from 'First rung now' straight on her comments about mortgage sharing. :angry:

I'm not speaking as a competitor here, even their current Alexa rating hardly has a pulse - they hardly exist, so fortunately her ill-conceived comments and badly constructed articles get very little air time. Their offering started off by promoting joint/shared ownership, realising it had no mileage a clumsy attempt has been made to 'befriend' the FTB by attempting to 'come over all intelligent'. Bottom line, a company with only a few employees needs a heady mix of talent to exploit its opportunities...I'm struggling to find any intelligence in that site and its content/direction pushed by a single misguided lone voice... even a performing seal can learn if you give it enough fish, monkeys can eventually type Shakespeare, although unlike; firstrungnow/parentaidnow/holidayhomesnow you shouldn't need babel fish to interpret it once typed.. B)

Any takers on this? If no one takes this up I'll try and put something together in response.

More shared ownership? Quoi? How can people form such a logical argument then AT THE LAST MOMENT demonstrate that they don't get it at all. Solution is simple: release more land for housebuilding/ relax planning controls AND deter people from "investing" in property. :rolleyes:

Rebutal v shared ownership? music to my ears, get busy please... ;) do it in word and dump it in the comments box

http://firstrung.co.uk/casestudies.asp?pageid=SUBMITARTICLE

I feel I should point out that while I'm grateful to Helen for her article and am keen to encourage more public debate on the subject, I happen to disagree with her on shared ownership.

If anyone would like to send me an article rebutting her arguments I would be happy to publish it.

The problem ultimately isn't people calling for more spending on shared ownership schemes; it's the people who refuse to acknowledge that affordable housing is even an issue worth talking about.

James Graham

Co-ordinator and webmaster, HandsOffOurFuture.