House Price Crash Forum
delboypass

Whites Need Not Apply!

No wonder the UK is going down the Pan with our interferring Government bungling at every toss and turn

What is this country becoming??

Im not racist but soon i might have to be to get a job!!!!!

Whites need not apply

Whites need not apply for job advertising as non-whites only.

GRADUATE Kieron Keenan was barred from a council job — because he is WHITE.

Bosses would not even let Kieron, 23, apply for the trainee museum assistant post as he is not African, Afro/Caribbean, Asian or Chinese.

The former history student, of Lancing, West Sussex, said: “I’m qualified but barred by my skin colour. I didn’t even get chance to apply as the ad said you couldn’t unless you were non-white.

“Apparently it’s perfectly legal but I feel astonished and very annoyed.”

Labour-controlled Brighton and Hove Council used the Race Relations Act to bar whites from the £9,000-a-year job at Brighton’s Royal Pavilion to help fill quotas of ethnic minority staff.

But Bert Williams, who runs the area’s Black History Project, said: “It is just another form of discrimination.”

A council spokesman said: “It is lawful to offer training only for people from a certain racial group.”

I recoomend he applies and attends the interview dressed and talking like Ali G.

They wouldn't dare tell him he was white.

It is becoming slightly farcical though...

Cant join the police force as their recruitment drive is now to fill quotas rather than best man for the job either!!

It seems like all the council people are hired to fill quotas nowadays and then a week later there is a scandal as said person is an illegal immigration, is blatantly flaunting UK laws like Passport officers sleeping with people, or people dont even have the correct qualifications.

Stop me if im wrong but reminds me of shooting ourselves in the foot (twice!!)

If this said - whites only may apply im sure there would be a great uproar and councils having to pay out millions of pounds to all those offended!!!

Where has the transparency gone!! probably gone like the morals of NuLabours MPs

Reminds me of a job I applied for years ago at the University of California San Diego. I was well qualified but was not selected. The HR person responsible for hiring later received an award for the most progress in hiring "ethnic minorities." A couple of years later the University discovered that they had more Asians than Whites and others put together which shows you how racial discrimination can quickly run out of control in a PC world.

As long as people give recognition to "racism" it will continue. As far as I am concerned, there are only two races on this planet and RichM might be the only one on HPC to have the answer to this one. :)

Labour-controlled Brighton and Hove Council used the Race Relations Act to bar whites from the £9,000-a-year job at Brighton’s Royal Pavilion to help fill quotas of ethnic minority staff.

I'm tickled by the thought that you'd have to bar someone from applying for a job that only pays £9K :lol:

The answer is... 42.

No, I have no idea why racism is such a big problem. Well, I have do have ideas, but no evidence. There are fields of psychology dedicated to understanding this sort of thing but I know little about them, and from what I can gather the area tends to be qiote politicised.

I have a friend who believes he was turned down for a job recently because he didn't fit the correct racial grouping that day.

Now get this - his family are from Barbados. That's right, he's a brother. As his token honky friend, he knew I'd appreciate the irony.

And then they wonder why the BNP is gaining more and more support...

I had a bnp pamphlet through the door and a muslim friend picked it up and looked through it.

He paled a little turned to me and exclaimed that he had to agree with most of what they say.

He tells the ladies that he is from mauritious (spell?)

but he is a proud scouser,

his medically trained parents will say the same about immigration as most.

I didn’t know this was anything new since in my home town Leicester had these type of jobs twenty years ago.

Not only that they give you 99.99% housing renovation grants if you live in certain areas of the city and don’t have a job, needless to say all these designated housing action areas are ethnic areas.

English butchers needed to close on certain days as they may offend certain faiths on some religious dates.

Youths on the street get new youth clubs if they are non white, the whites get sifted on by the police

If you ever want to see a multicultural city in action then visit Leicester, more specifically highfields were even the dogs walk around in pairs, cats all got eaten years ago.

If you ever want to see a multicultural city in action then visit Leicester, more specifically highfields were even the dogs walk around in pairs, cats all got eaten years ago.

The area of Highfields in Leicester isn't that a muslim area ? Prefer South Wigston.

I'm tickled by the thought that you'd have to bar someone from applying for a job that only pays £9K :lol:

Exactly, what a joke. How come we aren't complaining about the thousands of extremely well paid City jobs for which the requirement is that you are white, upper middle class and privately educated? Of course they don't put that on the advert, but that is what happens.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Exactly, what a joke. How come we aren't complaining about the thousands of extremely well paid City jobs for which the requirement is that you are white, upper middle class and privately educated? Of course they don't put that on the advert, but that is what happens.

Perfectly legal too it seems

“It is lawful to offer training only for people from a certain racial group.”

No I think that this is totally sensible

Obviously from the content it is aimed at the non-empire biased generation

A generation who have lost total pride in being a unified white people.

I am not racist and have lots of non-english friends but I believe that the agenda has gone way too far in the inclusive direction and every day have to walk past hundreds of people that I must be contributing to their welfare. - but thats not what this job thing is about.

All bureaucracies inc. councils are policy driven - ie stupid so this is a reflection of an organisation being stupid

No wonder the UK is going down the Pan with our interferring Government bungling at every toss and turn

What is this country becoming??

Im not racist but soon i might have to be to get a job!!!!!

Whites need not apply

Whites need not apply for job advertising as non-whites only.

GRADUATE Kieron Keenan was barred from a council job — because he is WHITE.

Bosses would not even let Kieron, 23, apply for the trainee museum assistant post as he is not African, Afro/Caribbean, Asian or Chinese.

The former history student, of Lancing, West Sussex, said: “I’m qualified but barred by my skin colour. I didn’t even get chance to apply as the ad said you couldn’t unless you were non-white.

“Apparently it’s perfectly legal but I feel astonished and very annoyed.”

But Bert Williams, who runs the area’s Black History Project, said: “It is just another form of discrimination.”

A council spokesman said: “It is lawful to offer training only for people from a certain racial group.”

This is nothing new. In the early 90's I was made redundant in the construction industry. A job came up at the Local Authority for a trainee building surveyor. I was perfectly qualified but could not apply as it was deemed for those of 'an asian ethnic minority backbackground'

This was heavily criticised so they got round it by saying you had to speak Urdu or Gugerati (SP).

Either way I was discrinated against for my ethnicity in my own birth town.

I will NEVER agree with any type of discrimination and this stuff only causes resentment.

Sorry but there is a big difference. The case in Brighton is being done legally by the govenment as a matter of racist policy against white people. The other is just the good old boy network helping each other out which although maybe unfair is not racist. Doesn't just happen in the city with rich whites either.

What is the legal position regarding this?

If it is illegal to market a job as "whites only" how is this any different.

Are we allowed to exclude any other ethnic groups? No Jews/catholics perhaps.

Can we refuse an ethnic minority candidate on the grounds that we have already met our quota?

ARTICLE 14

The enjoyment of the rights and freedoms set forth in this Convention shall be secured without discrimination on any ground such as sex, race, colour, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, association with a national minority, property, birth or other status.

This breaks european law not british law.

Also law is irrelivent it is the interpretation of law that applies.

The other is just the good old boy network helping each other out which although maybe unfair is not racist.

it is if they are hiring only white, middle class males - which is what the old boys network does in practice.

Edited by Milkshock

it is if they are hiring only white, middle class males - which is what the old boys network does in practice.

Thats not the case though, I work for a company that does this and it extends to Blacks and Indians as well if they went to the right school which some did, right now the senior partner at Mkinsey is Indian!. It is class based and not color based.

Thats not the case though, I work for a company that does this and it extends to Blacks and Indians as well if they went to the right school which some did, right now the senior partner at Mkinsey is Indian!. It is class based and not color based.

I suppose thats ok then.. :lol:

HOW BLACK IS BLACK?

Say, if my dad was black, could I apply?

How about if only my grandad was black?

Is there someone on the council measuring blackness, with some sort of light meter?

Cos that's what you're going to have to do.

Whenever I have to fill out a diversity monitoring questionnaire I always tick "other" and then specify "phoenecian" or "Byzantine" or something.

Nuttin' they can do about it.

It is becoming slightly farcical though...

Cant join the police force as their recruitment drive is now to fill quotas rather than best man for the job either!!

Put that together with this...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/race/story/0,,1794445,00.html

and ask yourself what sort of police force London will have in 5 years time, if the likes of Commisar Blair are allowed to continue to make policy.

With the conservatives making lots of hippy-esque touchy feely noises these days and the Lib Dems representing Guardian-reading teachers, who is going to sort the bloody mess out?