House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
feltsorryfor

Ohlc Question

Hi, can someone please help me to understansd to me how OHLC for the DJIA is reported as Im confused.

Yesterday (11/07/06) after the close the high for the DJIA (as reported on this page) was somewhere around 11150 something at around 10PM. this is also confirmed by the charts on yahoo and bigcharts etc. I thought that was it. The high was 11150 whatever.

Looking today at yesterdays OHLC on yahoo reveals that the high was actually 11186.32 , is this due to overnight trading or is it a mistake? Can someone please explain. If it is due to overnight then it seems confusing that the chart will only show values between 14:30 & 21:00 BST but the data summary corresponds to overnight?

the data is taken from here http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/hp?s=%5EDJI&...;f=2006&g=d

Date 11-Jul-06

Open 11,102.59

High 11,186.32

Low 10,987.33

Close 11,134.77

Thanks in anticipation.

historicalscreen5ae.jpg

summaryscreen4lv.jpg

heres two screenshots from yesterday(12/07/06) to explain what I mean as the same has happened again. I dont get it.

on the historical screen the high is around 30points higher and the low is 20 points lower.

why is this?

thanks again.

Edited by feltsorryfor