House Price Crash Forum
GAL BEAR

Sarah Beeny On Radio 2.....

Sarah BEENY was on Radio earlier.

The interviewer commented that for years the 'doomsters' have been saying about a Crash in the Housing market.

he said did she think there was a chance of a 90's style repeat.

She said that if House Prices keep going up then "DON'T RULE IT OUT!"

Thats what a like about Sarah, she does not go along with all the usual VI spin, even though she does have

an 'interest' in the property market.

She has a much more 'balanced' view than a lot of the other TWITS out there!!

The interviewer commented that for years the 'doomsters' have been saying about a Crash in the Housing market.

Thats what a like about Sarah, she does not go along with all the usual VI spin, even though she does have

Balanced? Just sounds like she's made a 2 way bet to me. Any of us could do that!

I notice all her new programmes are not property related - instead, dating and the like.

Diversification. Clever girl.

Yes, quite, she is not as silly as that dopey Kirsty, who (I hope) will have egg on her face in the not

too distant future.

At least Sarah said this and thousands of people will have heard it.

Balanced? Just sounds like she's made a 2 way bet to me. Any of us could do that!

the crash is a certainty though, isn't it.?

It is playing out like any before, isn't it..?

anyway.. perhaps this time we will have a boom without a bust..

the crash is a certainty though, isn't it.?

It is playing out like any before, isn't it..?

anyway.. perhaps this time we will have a boom without a bust..

No, it is not a certainty IMO. If it were going to happen it would have happened in 2004. The fact that it didn't, and that the downward trend reversed on no more than a 0.25% IR reduction shows how finely balanced it is.

In other words, if prices fall a little, buyers will pile back in again.

Below inflation increases over the next 5 years or so is as good as it will get.

Edited by Casual Observer

I notice all her new programmes are not property related - instead, dating and the like.

Diversification. Clever girl.

She has basic business sense, that is the difference between Sarah and that Krusty thing.

No, it is not a certainty IMO. If it were going to happen it would have happened in 2004. The fact that it didn't, and that the downward trend reversed on no more than a 0.25% IR reduction shows how finely balanced it is.

Below inflation increases over the next 5 years or so is as good as it will get.

uhm prices started dropping over the much of this green and plesent land.. in late 2004.

The IMF tells us it will..

And not once in history has anything like this not gone crunch.

Never ever not once.. not ever..

It's actually quite exciting ... if you've done your best to get yourself and family and friends safe (as possible).

Uhm.... oops....

Rock and Roll...

and people will be shocked.. :)

Uhm.... oops....

Rock and Roll...

and people will be shocked.. :)

You're too cocksure APOM - have more of an open mind. You put too much faith in the trigger du jour, for my liking.

Last year it was a recession. Then oil prices. Now IRs.

The first 2 didn't cause a crash. Don't be so sure IRs will cause one.

Your passion for the subject is undeniable, however you sometimes appear too messianical about things.

A bit of humble pie for having got it wrong since 20003 (which is what I have) would not go amiss.

Edited by Casual Observer

You're too cocksure APOM - have more of an open mind. You put too much faith in the trigger du jour, for my liking.

Last year it was a recession. Then oil prices. Now IRs.

The first 2 didn't cause a crash. Don't be so sure IRs will cause one.

Your passion for the subject is undeniable, however you sometimes appear too messianical about things.

A bit of humble pie for having got it wrong since 20003 (which is what I have) would not go amiss.

I joined not in 2003 but 2004, only really began posting in 2005 and no argument can be made to me that prices have not been clearly dropping since.

I have never used a trigger, not really, only that all things are cyclical.

The economic cycle only exists because people don't see it.

and if since the dawn of time things have happened in one way... all I am saying is that they will happen again.

and can be clearly seen to be happening now...

frustrating that a good part of the UK's economic future will have been sacrificed to a titanic effort to keep it all going.

It was tried, they failed.

I appreciatte that messianical may describe the way that I am..

but it is a speculative bubble, and they go pop.. In the same innevitable way that tomorrow is Thursday... thre is simply nothing that can be done.

Not by anyone..

there are extensive sales in July, we have a deficit second only to the 3 day week, a debt burden that the IMF say will destroy our economy along with the housing market..

8.9% of the miracle economy in 03 was mewed.. simple borrowing.. I can go on..

and oh yes... I can certainly buy more near me with less money then I would have done in 03..

Perhaps Devon having seen 300% inflation sees bigger drops .. I don't know..

but I have been right. still am..

...erm,not if the potential buyer/renter's job is at risk.

...we had the "official" unemployment stats today,up 90k on last month.

who in their right mind is going to think of buying...or renting if there is a possibility their income is in jeopardy?????............

.......now factor in the utility bill rises...who is going to fork out for heating/watering a home on a single income if they can avoid it?????

I joined not in 2003 but 2004, only really began posting in 2005 and no argument can be made to me that prices have not been clearly dropping since.

I have never used a trigger, not really, only that all things are cyclical.

The economic cycle only exists because people don't see it.

and if since the dawn of time things have happened in one way... all I am saying is that they will happen again.

and can be clearly seen to be happening now...

frustrating that a good part of the UK's economic future will have been sacrificed to a titanic effort to keep it all going.

It was tried, they failed.

I appreciatte that messianical may describe the way that I am..

but it is a speculative bubble, and they go pop.. In the same innevitable way that tomorrow is Thursday... thre is simply nothing that can be done.

Not by anyone..

there are extensive sales in July, we have a deficit second only to the 3 day week, a debt burden that the IMF say will destroy our economy along with the housing market..

8.9% of the miracle economy in 03 was mewed.. simple borrowing.. I can go on..

and oh yes... I can certainly buy more near me with less money then I would have done in 03..

Perhaps Devon having seen 300% inflation sees bigger drops .. I don't know..

but I have been right. still am..

OK, when I spoke about wrong since 2003 I was really widening the thing out to include all bears on this forum, myself included. I've not been alone in putting faith into trigger after trigger, and then when it doesn't happen, it's all conveniently forgotten.

But I think you're ignoring the new widespread culture of property inveatment a la BTL phenomenon. This will support prices as soon as they begin to fall. In my area prices fell modestly from 2004, but began to pick up again as soon as yields rose again.

...erm,not if the potential buyer/renter's job is at risk.

...we had the "official" unemployment stats today,up 90k on last month.

who in their right mind is going to think of buying...or renting if there is a possibility their income is in jeopardy?????............

.......now factor in the utility bill rises...who is going to fork out for heating/watering a home on a single income if they can avoid it?????

But now you're putting faith in unemployment as a trigger. And in 6 months time, when employment starts to rise again, that will be forgotten, and we'll all latch onto some other saviour. Just like oil prices were promised to bring about a crash. Remember oil? No one mentions it anymore.

nice of him/her to give us a mention ! :lol:

Edited by sign_of_the_times

es, quite, she is not as silly as that dopey Kirsty, who (I hope) will have egg on her face in the not

too distant future.

not really. i think they are both are proven property slappers and we should gather a priced out mob and take them to tyburn on pen carts....allslop wont care if she gets her face face on the box or not. she made her wedge out of the oiks. she'll go tweeking organic strawberrys within a sleepy dorset farm location she probably has tucked away. beenies always getting knocked up, so even if property fails she'll have lizzie barden gauge benefits to savour at her leisure.

Yes, quite, she is not as silly as that dopey Kirsty, who (I hope) will have egg on her face in the not

too distant future.

Krusty is putting 'faces on her eggs' in the not too distant future. ;) I caught a bit of Beeny bappies prog, but couldn't face it, I'm worn out with the banality of this tv house trash overload.

I'm with Fred, they should be tortured & forced to get together & form a band or something with repenting lyrics. How about calling it 'Slappers delight' or 'Rampers delight'.

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

I've heard give several interviews over the last two years and you could hardly call her bullish. Neutral at best is what describes her position, as for developing, she has stated many times that she is struggling to find any opportunities. She probably enjoys the media work more than developing now anyway.

There's a developer who live next door to me, I actually think he's gone back to his day job.

<_<

Sexy voice, great whackers, seems very realistic when it come down to the ruthless business side of property - I quite like her.

Not too sure that inviting a bunch of EA's round to look at the paint job on the outside of a street of houses and then suggesting that cumulatively they had bumped prices up 10% across the board was that credible, but not a bad way of getting the neighbours out and working together.

Out of all the VI’s out there, she is the most interesting. As has been said before, she is already diversifying her TV career, and I bet she has a quid or two. When the VI’s start moving out of property, is this a sign of icebergs in the water? Or is she as bored as the rest of us with greedy homeowners wanting a quick buck?

Hmmm, what to say, what to say….OD

Sexy voice, great whackers

Exactly. She should be knighted for keeping the men of the UK perky, not derided on Internet forums.

I saw her on some Gordon Ramsey program a year or so ago and she claimed she'd gotten out of property development as there was no money left in it. (she was plugging her dating website thing). She's no 'one trick pony'.

Before I noticed her ample breastage ...... I noticed her ample intelligence and savvy ...... which is saying something considering how ample she is in both departments :D

Are those her pins on your avatar then?

I've heard it said she's made a good deal out of property - but ahem, is that just on paper, or the real stuff? If the latter I wonder where she's invested it next....

Guest pioneer31

But I think you're ignoring the new widespread culture of property inveatment a la BTL phenomenon. This will support prices as soon as they begin to fall. In my area prices fell modestly from 2004, but began to pick up again as soon as yields rose again.

I can see why your average Joe (wants somewhere to live) would buy in a falling market but BTL?

Why would BTL buy in a falling market? - remember that many of them are guided by the media 'experts' and all those experts will have gone to ground. Property programmes will be just a distant memory, thank god.

OK, when I spoke about wrong since 2003 I was really widening the thing out to include all bears on this forum, myself included. I've not been alone in putting faith into trigger after trigger, and then when it doesn't happen, it's all conveniently forgotten.

you're making a CLASSIC mistake. Assuming it won't happen because it hasn't happened yet. Up until 2 days ago I bet you thought we'd not have a 9-11 in the UK, why? Well 9-11 was FIVE YEARS AGO and there have been so many threats since.

The market is cyclical....and the Economy eventually runs out of steam. You seem to keep ignoring this fact and instead believe in some new paradigm.

I'm bored of arguing about this, if you've studied Physics and/or Economics you'll see that there are basic principles relating to money supply and energy. The BULL argument ignores these.

Was it you who disliked my 'changing of the seasons' analogy? Well, I'll keep repeating it because you and others keep repeating the same flawed logic.

We've not had frost for 8 months now, yeh I know we had it last year but things ae different now.

Edited by pioneer31

I think given all the VI spin we should not underestimate the significance of people, with some standing (like Sarah), question perceived wisdom. I thought she had famously 'got out' of property development because 'there was no more money to be made'. Every instance of anti-VI spin should be posted on here in one place under it's own heading IMO - Webmaster?? And include the article I cited from yesterday's ES.

nice of him/her to give us a mention ! :lol:

Funny how bears are always portrayed as 'doomsters'. How about 'realists'?