House Price Crash Forum
DONT PANIC !!! DONT PANIC !!!

Debt Collectors Doing Well.

Debt Matters, DFD and Accuma have done excellently in the last year. Wish I'd held onto them when I owned some stock! Doh!

Debt Matters, DFD and Accuma have done excellently in the last year. Wish I'd held onto them when I owned some stock! Doh!

I have been watching these two: DFD.L and BEG.L (have alook at the growth )

DFD.L has just opened an office in Australia good move as that was the housing market that moved first.

Its all very simple reading the downturn. I dont listen to banks and all the propaganda I just look at history. All the best

Edited by faloos

I'm currently up x3 with Debtmatters and took some out to put into Accuma. However, today Accuma anounce they're in talks to take over Loan Line, who are just loan brokers and their business seems to be to actually sell more loans/debt. So Accuma will basically be able to offer people stupid loans secured against their houses and then if they get into difficulties will offer them help in going into an IVA. This seems to me to be (a) a poor business model and (b] bordering on the immoral. Am I being a prude? I'm tempted to bail as I just don't like this potential acquisition.

Edited by mikthe20

I'm currently up x3 with Debtmatters and took some out to put into Accuma. However, today Accuma anounce they're in talks to take over Loan Line, who are just loan brokers and their business seems to be to actually sell more loans/debt. So Accuma will basically be able to offer people stupid loans secured against their houses and then if they get into difficulties will offer them help in going into an IVA. This seems to me to be (a) a poor business model and (b] bordering on the immoral. Am I being a prude? I'm tempted to bail as I just don't like this potential acquisition.

That confused me too!!

I'm keeping an eye on CLEA too. Well cheap but not much info on them.

That confused me too!!

I'm keeping an eye on CLEA too. Well cheap but not much info on them.

I've bailed out of ACG as just don't like that acquisition at all (although it hasn't actually happened yet I think it shows the management aren't properly focused). I expect the share price will go up but I'm uncomfortable with this conflict of interest in their business. Got about 7% profit after fees for 2 months' holding so can't complain.

Need to put the proceeds somewhere - I'll have a look at CLEA but last time I looked they seemed less established than the others. I might wait for the next dip down rather than investing now.

Saw post on the blog debt management company Debts.co.uk

has reported a 62% jump in its annual profits to £2.1m.

Havent ever invested in shares of a company before and I think that these types of companys will do well in the future ;)

How do I go about investing in such companys & is there any tips

or advise I should be aware of

thx

What worries me about the IVA companies like DFD, DEPT, CLEA etc is that all it would take is a change of rules by the government to shut these companies down and you lose your investment. I did well with DFD but sold as I didntr want to take the risk.

What worries me about the IVA companies like DFD, DEPT, CLEA etc is that all it would take is a change of rules by the government to shut these companies down and you lose your investment. I did well with DFD but sold as I didntr want to take the risk.

This is true, but then how do the individuals sort their issues out and how do the banks get punished

for irresponsible lending?

This is true, but then how do the individuals sort their issues out and how do the banks get punished

for irresponsible lending?

Bankruptcy. This is a bigger punishment is it not?

Anyone got any advise for me on investing ^

Yes. DYOR (Do your own research). If you like a company, do some research on them.

quarterly reports, end of year reports, market strength etc.

Edited by OzzMosiz

Anyone got any advise for me on investing ^

Invest safely.

What I like to do and seems to be working at the moment is to look for stocks with a slow but steady rising graph (say 50%/year) Start off by putting in 1 or 2k to get used to the stock and then increase slowly if things are going well. Dont put all eggs in one basket and spread you money out over a few companies. I like cash and gold too.