House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hunnybunnybear

Price Rises

Were do you live? The same here...i have an close eye on house prices since the beginning of the year and it is madness.

I live in Pinner..near London.

Why have asking prices in my area risen by about 10% in the last few weeks? Is it EAs having a last ditch push before it all tumbles?

Its the Dead Cat Bounce . Drop a dead cat high enough and it will bounce. Its an old Wall street Joke

Around here the local paper is full of houses marked "Price reduced" "New price" "No Chain" "unexpectedly back on the market"

Depends where you are. Anything north of Watford is dropping with Surrey and Sussex continuing to show falls in some of the once hot areas such as Gatwick, Waverley and SE Kent.

With higher IR around the corner, rising unemployment and a debt crisis house prices only have one way to go and its not up.

Why have asking prices in my area risen by about 10% in the last few weeks? Is it EAs having a last ditch push before it all tumbles?

I don't think it is any sort of "last ditch push". I think it is simply market forces. In the areas I'm aware of, there's not much property on the market, compared to January. So there's a supply shortage of houses on the market. So the vendors are asking more. I don't think it's any sort of last ditch anything.

I don't think it is any sort of "last ditch push". I think it is simply market forces. In the areas I'm aware of, there's not much property on the market, compared to January. So there's a supply shortage of houses on the market. So the vendors are asking more. I don't think it's any sort of last ditch anything.

Also, it's summer. Seasonal demand is up. It should drop back in a couple of months.

Also, it's summer. Seasonal demand is up. It should drop back in a couple of months.

My impression is that EAs are slightly surprised by the extent of the lack of property for sale, but I'm not sure. On the other hand my anecdotal impression is that what little that is for sale is not shifting fast, and certainly not as fast as one might expect given the shortage. It is possibly a bit strange, but nothing that unusual I expect.

My impression is that EAs are slightly surprised by the extent of the lack of property for sale, but I'm not sure. On the other hand my anecdotal impression is that what little that is for sale is not shifting fast, and certainly not as fast as one might expect given the shortage. It is possibly a bit strange, but nothing that unusual I expect.

I'm not sure it's entirely all bluff from the EAs.

I like in MKeynes, and Orion Bond have opened their second new office this year.

(i think 5 new offices this year so far across all EAs in my area)

However, MK is expanding, so even in a downward market, it's possible the number of properties for sale can be increasing.

Around here the local paper is full of houses marked "Price reduced" "New price" "No Chain" "unexpectedly back on the market"

Depends where you are. Anything north of Watford is dropping with Surrey and Sussex continuing to show falls in some of the once hot areas such as Gatwick, Waverley and SE Kent.

Family houses in my part of Surrey (Elmbridge) are up about 15% this year (and selling fast). flats are sticking. Even rentals are flying out of the doors from the board evidence near me. They were flat from 2004 till early this year.