House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest UK Debt Slave

Ocean Finance Come To The Rescue!

Guest mattsta1964

It's been running for quite a long time now but it's still my favourite advert on TV! I chuckle to myself every time I see it.

Poor geezer is so hard up he can't even afford a razor. He's stuck on a desert island, parched dry, life has been hard, a multitude of debts, wife has obviously traded him in for a city dealer wiv a Ferrari, the BTL has gone Pete Tong, Scu*thorpe loan shark is sending the heavies around armed with baseball bats for the next installment, etc etc

But no worries, consolidate all your debts with Ocean Finance!!!!

A beautiful yacht appears on the horizon to rescue the poor geezer from his fiscal doom and in the closing shot we see our poor debt frazzled antihero clean sheven, in a nicely pressed clean white shirt supping an ice cold pinacolada. Oh what fun it must be to work in advertising.

Carol Vordeman eat yer heart out.

I wonder how much the actor in it got paid to look so desperate and then so smug and self satisfied all within 30 seconds.

In 5 years time, I swear this advert will be an iconic representation of the times we live in

Another sign of the times is I can't print Scu*nthorpe on this forum without it being censored! JAYSUS!

Guest Alright Jack

It's been running for quite a long time now but it's still my favourite advert on TV! I chuckle to myself every time I see it.

Poor geezer is so hard up he can't even afford a razor. He's stuck on a desert island, parched dry, life has been hard, a multitude of debts, wife has obviously traded him in for a city dealer wiv a Ferrari, the BTL has gone Pete Tong, Scu*thorpe loan shark is sending the heavies around armed with baseball bats for the next installment, etc etc

A beautiful yacht appears on the horizon to rescue the poor geezer from his fiscal doom and in the closing shot we see our poor debt frazzled antihero clean sheven, in a nicely pressed clean white shirt supping an ice cold pinacolada. Oh what fun it must be to work in advertising.

I wonder how much the actor in it got paid to look so desperate and then so smug and self satisfied all within 30 seconds.

In 5 years time, I swear this advert will be an iconic representation of the times we live in

Another sign of the times is I can't print Scu*nthorpe on this forum without it being censored! JAYSUS!

They probably offered to consolidate all his debts into one easy payment that would enable him to live life the way he wants. :lol:

They probably offered to consolidate all his debts into one easy payment that would enable him to live life the way he wants. :lol:

Its what Gordon has been doing for years. All consolidated with cheap loans from Japan :lol:

Quite. My favourite ad was "Get rid of your debts, with a Debtbuster loan!" but they seem to have pulled that line now

:(

Lovely yacht on tha Ocean Finance ad, could well see myself cruising the high seas in that. Come on penny shares!

:lol:

My favourite is "Picture the Loan". The more I see it the more I want to punch on the nose the smug, self satisfied bloke on the telephone.

Yeah agreed he is a complete idiot. But why does he say "Yes, we have have a mortgage" in that stupid, smug way.

Also the follow up ad is a classic. The guy's finances are in a serious state yet he starts with saying "I'm a sensible bloke".

My favourite is "Picture the Loan". The more I see it the more I want to punch on the nose the smug, self satisfied bloke on the telephone.

I agree, he picks up the phone without thinking about anything . But the best advert I saw some years ago was "borrow your way out of debt"

I was fat and pikey with a dog for a wife but Ocean Finance treated me like a human being... (all in a Brummy accent) :)

Must admit I did like the ad with Carol.This is your house-yes Carol fink I can grasp that-This is your equity-Duh,fink I knows wot ya means-And you can borrow up to 125% of that-Wow Carol fanks so much.Now I can go to Curries and buy a brain!

Must admit I did like the ad with Carol.This is your house-yes Carol fink I can grasp that-This is your equity-Duh,fink I knows wot ya means-And you can borrow up to 125% of that-Wow Carol fanks so much.Now I can go to Curries and buy a brain!

I love Carol Vorderman Too!

http://clangnuts.blogspot.com/2006/06/morally-bankrupt.html

Clangnuts

Saw a few nice colour adverts for a Debt company on the train and tube yesterday, can't remeber the company but it had a large red devil character and the words tame debt.

The writting is on the wall.

Cheers,

Tim.

And not satisfied with having his own limelight, he manages to escape security and muscles his way into the camera shot alongside his 'neighbour', the bloke in the follow up ad. Swaggering across the set with 'phone in hand, he booms in a matey, chummy voice "What you want moy san is a picture loan!"

What you really need my son is to downsize and move away from smiley boy next door and his fancy consumer goods that gave you a feeling of inferiority so you ended up mortgaging your b*ll*cks to keep up with him.. :D