House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dessie123

Brains Under The Hammer...

Dear all,

I have now been out of the UK 5 years ( mainly left due to cost of living) but keenly keep watch on the housing market and regularly keep in touch with tales on this forum, great stuff. In missing the wave of property development programmes i have only recently had the delight to watch this top class entertainment as cretins gormlessly screw things up and the presenters lie and spin everything to sound wonderful.

This was my favourite:

A couple bid up a farm house to 525K from 350K. The delight was watching the greed in their eyes as they went higher and higher clearly not realising the kind of figures they were dealing with. They then admitted in the car park that they went WAY over budget!! Not a disaster yet! The real entertainment was when they returned a few months later........GET THIS......No-one on the programme could admit they cocked up.....no-one. The presenters did say that the house was not worth anything near what they paid, BUT they have a lovely new home to live in, so it doesnt matter(Yeh right, they had planned to move to florida) but to make things really sound rosey along with the EA's they all agreed that in fact if they completely knocked the place down and built a flash new house, it may be worth 750K. WTF. Rebuild it! and this was a slap on the back success story again!

In two others, a pair of houses were bought , one with bomb damage(needed rebuidling) and another with such subsidence you could roll a can of beans along the floor. But neither buyer had bothered to visit the property before bidding like crazy at the auction and were shocked to find these things out! But its ok say the experts, It may be worth more with a BIT of work!

Thats in watching 2 programmes! Im now upset I emigrated because of what I may of missed in the past! In summary, If these are the numpties that have been fueling the recent mini boom in the UK, fear not all.....I have no doubt the end is nigh.......

Dear all,

I have now been out of the UK 5 years ( mainly left due to cost of living) but keenly keep watch on the housing market and regularly keep in touch with tales on this forum, great stuff. In missing the wave of property development programmes i have only recently had the delight to watch this top class entertainment as cretins gormlessly screw things up and the presenters lie and spin everything to sound wonderful.

This was my favourite:

A couple bid up a farm house to 525K from 350K. The delight was watching the greed in their eyes as they went higher and higher clearly not realising the kind of figures they were dealing with. They then admitted in the car park that they went WAY over budget!! Not a disaster yet! The real entertainment was when they returned a few months later........GET THIS......No-one on the programme could admit they cocked up.....no-one. The presenters did say that the house was not worth anything near what they paid, BUT they have a lovely new home to live in, so it doesnt matter(Yeh right, they had planned to move to florida) but to make things really sound rosey along with the EA's they all agreed that in fact if they completely knocked the place down and built a flash new house, it may be worth 750K. WTF. Rebuild it! and this was a slap on the back success story again!

In two others, a pair of houses were bought , one with bomb damage(needed rebuidling) and another with such subsidence you could roll a can of beans along the floor. But neither buyer had bothered to visit the property before bidding like crazy at the auction and were shocked to find these things out! But its ok say the experts, It may be worth more with a BIT of work!

Thats in watching 2 programmes! Im now upset I emigrated because of what I may of missed in the past! In summary, If these are the numpties that have been fueling the recent mini boom in the UK, fear not all.....I have no doubt the end is nigh.......

Homes under the hammer were filming in Liverpool yesterday at the Venmores auction which was very busy; most properties sold and there were some strange pissing contests. No sign of the presenters, funny watching so many guys walking in to the room, seeing the cameras, putting the brochure up to their face and quickly getting blind side of the cameras :D Same guys shaking ther heads at some of the prices paid, strangest issue was the prices paid for properties with tenants on regulated tenancies, I'm sure those that bid have no idea as to the legalities of the reg. tenancies. :o They're in for a shock if they think they can take it back in the style of an AST ;)

they must use the same motivational speakers as those who talk young kids into being suicide bombers.

i can almost see that baldy london bloke cajoling a young sunni ftb into becoming a property martyr.

It's a great bit of car crash TV. If you're ever off ill for the day or got a bit of time to spare I would advise watching it. You bears you really love some of the complete and utter f*ck ups you regularly see on this programme.

If you want to see people really get nailed by the market, this is your programme.

;)

It's a great bit of car crash TV. If you're ever off ill for the day or got a bit of time to spare I would advise watching it. You bears you really love some of the complete and utter f*ck ups you regularly see on this programme.

If you want to see people really get nailed by the market, this is your programme.

;)

Only, sadly enough, most don't get nailed. They end up making money despite their ineptness. When prices rise like they have done it's easier to make money than to lose it.

great phrases you ll here

"area is undergoing regeneration, and prices are set to rocket"

"prices in this area have doubled in the last three years"

"up and coming area"

"strip them back to get to the orginal floorboards"

"original fireplace"

"thats an AMAZING £15,000 of profit hes made in 8 weeks"

"50 properties !, and youre not a property devloper??" (ohh pluuuuzzeee dont look so surprised)

"its a great way to make a living"

480x232_huh2.jpg

The presenters did say that the house was not worth anything near what they paid, BUT they have a lovely new home to live in, so it doesnt matter

That particular line gets trotted out a lot, by Joe public: "As long as you're not in negative equity, it doesn't matter if you can't sell for what you paid, because you've got a lovely new house to live in". WTF? Would they say that if they discovered they'd been ripped off for an extra 10K when buying a car? Would they say that if they got ripped off paying twice as much for their groceries? (It's OK, I paid double price for my shopping, but it doesn't matter, because I've got lots of lovely food to eat). This is the most retarded concept I've ever heard!