House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

D O W Taking A Big Dive Today

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com//07072006/323/worl...75-dollars.html

Friday July 7, 06:40 PM
World oil prices set new records beyond 75 dollars
LONDON (AFP) - Crude oil prices hit all-time highs above 75 dollars per barrel in London and New York on signs of strong global demand and simmering geopolitical tensions, particularly over Iran and North Korea, analysts said.

DJ INDUSTR AVERAGE (DJI:^DJI) Edit

Index Value: 11,078.42

Trade Time: 8:09PM

Change: Down 146.88 (1.31%)

Prev Close: 11,225.30

Open: 11,224.18

Day's Range: 11,066.65 - 11,224.18

52wk Range: 10,098.20 - 11,709.10

Volume: 195,042,656

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/060707/323/ggcpl.html

Stocks tumble in midafternoon trading
NEW YORK (AFX) - Corporate profit warnings and record oil prices overshadowed a benign jobs creation report and sent stocks lower Friday as investors worried that the economy was cooling too quickly. The Dow Jones industrials shed 100 points, though the losses on the other major indexes were more modest.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Europe follow suit on Monday unless all the problems are resolved this weekend--which they will not. :o

But when will the Dow Jones fall below the support level of 10.700 ????

My information is not much longer now.

More doom & gloom for the FTSE on Monday

Guest Charlie The Tramp

World oil prices set new records beyond 75 dollars

LONDON (AFP) - Crude oil prices hit all-time highs above 75 dollars per barrel in London and New York on signs of strong global demand and simmering geopolitical tensions, particularly over Iran and North Korea, analysts said.

Money Morning: The International Energy Agency projects global demand for crude oil will reach 121 million barrels a day by 2030. That's a 47.5% increase from today's level. But even if such a level of production could be reached, it would only be at much higher prices.

There is virtually no spare capacity in global oil production as it is. Now Chinese demand is forecast to double, while US demand grows a further 25%. With demand already so close to exceeding supply, would you bet a 4x4 jeep on oil trading at $70 per barrel 25 years from now?

Click to enlarge

BP090606.gif

post-335-1152301745.gif

Edited by Charlie The Tramp

Guest Alright Jack

Click to enlarge

BP090606.gif

Hi Charles.

I don't like to confront long time respected members of your reputation (not like that fookwit CIUW) but,

The world oil consumption is today around 86 million barrels per day. Your chart doesn't make an ounce of sense. Can you explain what it represents?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Hi Charles.

I don't like to confront long time respected members of your reputation (not like that fookwit CIUW) but,

The world oil consumption is today around 86 million barrels per day. Your chart doesn't make an ounce of sense. Can you explain what it represents?

It goes with the Money Morning quote so I have edited my original post to make it clearer. ;)

Edited by Charlie The Tramp