House Price Crash Forum

Stagflationary Jobs Figures Released In Us

HOLA441

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/07072006/214/londo...bs-figures.html

Friday July 7, 02:25 PM
London afternoon: Caution after mixed jobs figures
LONDON (ShareCast) - There was barely a movement by the afternoon, as London's top shares remained cautious after US jobs figures were published this afternoon.
The US Labor Department announced lower than expected jobs growth for June but of more concern was the fact that wage inflation is rising sharply, bringing the annual increase to a five year high.

Markets down so the verdict is higher rates still to come. Pound soaring on the news???

HOLA442

Thanks for keeping us informed Realist bear.

Without getting too personal, do you own a place or do you rent your place?

The reason I ask is you are such a stalwart of HPC, I ask out of genuine interest?

Thanks Bull :)

I STM'd (sold to move) after selling our house in California. Renting in W Midlands. Watching houses drop quite sharply around here.

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/birmin...-name_page.html

Jul 7 2006

By Nevill Boyd Maunsell, Economics Editor

House prices in the West Midlands have risen by only 1.8 per cent over the past year, less than in any other part of the UK, except northern England.
But the average price for a detached house has risen by only 0.3 per cent to £220,662 a nd semis have barely changed at £150,599.
"In contrast, Solihull, where the average price is over £200,000, prices fell by six per cent over the year, after a fall of five per cent in the year to the first quarter. However, this time last year prices in Solihull were rising at an annual rate of seven per cent."

Its grim Upnorth but we are doing almost as well in the W Midlands with sharpo falls in Stratford and, it seems, in Solihull where the last vestiges of the motor trade managers live.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA443

http://uk.biz.yahoo.com/07072006/214/londo...bs-figures.html

Friday July 7, 02:25 PM
London afternoon: Caution after mixed jobs figures
LONDON (ShareCast) - There was barely a movement by the afternoon, as London's top shares remained cautious after US jobs figures were published this afternoon.
The US Labor Department announced lower than expected jobs growth for June but of more concern was the fact that wage inflation is rising sharply, bringing the annual increase to a five year high.

Markets down so the verdict is higher rates still to come. Pound soaring on the news???

When Ben mentioned he was looking at 'data' I was surprised the markets took off again. I still think they will increase until they kill off inflation. All this talk about oil prices coming down seems to send it in the opposite direction. Best guess is that they'll crank up to 6% and take the economy into recession.

HOLA444

When Ben mentioned he was looking at 'data' I was surprised the markets took off again. I still think they will increase until they kill off inflation. All this talk about oil prices coming down seems to send it in the opposite direction. Best guess is that they'll crank up to 6% and take the economy into recession.

That's what I see. A recession is the only option Ben has. It will deflate the bubbles and correct some of the imbalances as spending will be curtailed. Europe will feel it.