Staffordshire

£150,000

Council Manager and Chief Executive Officer

This week's silver trough award

Corporate Director of Adult and Community Services

LONDON BOROUGH OF BARKING AND DAGENHAM

East London

£125,500

With this in place, you'll be ideally placed to optimise public health, community cohesion and cultural diversity for every single member of the community. Everything's ready for you, each team knows what it's doing.

Special award for turning 1 £30K job into three £65K jobs

Director of Contracts, GREATER MANCHESTER WASTE DISPOSAL AUTHORITY, c£65k plus benefits

Director of Strategy & Communications, GREATER MANCHESTER WASTE DISPOSAL AUTHORITY, c£65k plus benefits

Director of Resources GREATER MANCHESTER WASTE DISPOSAL AUTHORITY, c£65k plus benefits

Other tax abusers

Director of Community Services

VEREDUS EXECUTIVE RESOURCE

Wiltshire

£113, 000 - £125,000

You will have the imagination to build on our Beacon Status for 'Getting Closer to Communities' and to exploit the opportunities for services which are truly community based, spanning libraries and heritage and community safety as well as adult care.

Director of Children & Education

VEREDUS EXECUTIVE RESOURCE

Wiltshire

£113, 000 - £125,000

You will identify the potential of commissioning services from partners and continue to seek innovative and effective ways of providing efficient support to our children and young people.

Director of Children, Learning and Young People

COVENTRY CITY COUNCIL

West Midlands

£113,000 - £118,000 pa

You'll be joining a 3 star authority with glowing JAR, OfSted and other reports, and where Education, Social Services, the PCT and the Chief Executive all share the same high goals and are already working successfully together.

Chief Executive

INDEPENDENT POLICE COMPLAINTS COMMISSION

Greater London

£110,000 plus benefits

A senior executive who has performed well in pressurised environments, whilst ensuring the consistent delivery of high quality, process driven services.

Guest Bart of Darkness

Director of Strategy & Communications, GREATER MANCHESTER WASTE DISPOSAL AUTHORITY, c£65k plus benefits

What does the communications part involve, fielding calls from irate council tax payers about why their bins haven't been emptied?

i sometimes feel like applying for some of these jobs with a made-up cv just to see how close to the trough i can creep. what i'd do if i got one, goodness only knows. still post on here i guess.

These salary figures are very depressing. As a hard working well screwed private sector taxpayer I feel like giving up. I cycle an inordinate amount to avoid having my wealth stolen. Went through a HA type estate the other night, 4x4's, BMW's ,potholes and chav's annoying me.

Why bother working? It sucks.