House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bingley Bloke

Right Move Shares Heading Up Fast... Why?

I picked up and posted an article on the newswires, yesterday I believe, that said RM had 400,000 HIPs packs ready to go to sellers. They are evidently anticipating a surge in interest to sell which means commissions. Problem is--will they find 400k buyers?

The stock market is not too analytical and still think the housing market is healthy.. Shows you how well the VIs have masked and spun the truth?

They made a positive trading statement. I don't buy the bearish case for Rightmove, if they get paid for doing advertising surely a highly stocked market will do them good?

Countrywide maybe another issue.

I don't buy the bearish case for Rightmove, if they get paid for doing advertising surely a highly stocked market will do them good?

Now there's an interesting thought! If the market really did crash and everyone wanted to get out, EAs wouldn't be worried about their depleted commission 'cause they could make up the loss in extra advertising fees!! In fact, if there were more houses on the market but selling at lower prices, there'd be just as much money rolling in albeit requiring more sales. Maybe they'll even start recruiting to handle the extra capacity!!! I wonder if we can sell them the idea that a crash would benefit them? Now that would be funny... VIs turning bearish!!!!

Now there's an interesting thought! If the market really did crash and everyone wanted to get out, EAs wouldn't be worried about their depleted commission 'cause they could make up the loss in extra advertising fees!! In fact, if there were more houses on the market but selling at lower prices, there'd be just as much money rolling in albeit requiring more sales. Maybe they'll even start recruiting to handle the extra capacity!!! I wonder if we can sell them the idea that a crash would benefit them? Now that would be funny... VIs turning bearish!!!!

Rightmove advertise, they don't sell.

Besides why wouldn't a VI turn bearish in order to get turnover? That's what it's about, turnover and that's what happened about a year ago. The smart ones knew how to hussle in order to make the deal and achieve some sort of sales turnover. Countrywide failed miserably, sat on their fat backsides and watch their sales plummet.

Rightmove advertise, they don't sell.

Besides why wouldn't a VI turn bearish in order to get turnover? That's what it's about, turnover and that's what happened about a year ago. The smart ones knew how to hussle in order to make the deal and achieve some sort of sales turnover. Countrywide failed miserably, sat on their fat backsides and watch their sales plummet.

Just as well Countrywide are one of the founding partners in Rightmove. Maybe not so daft after all. If you can't sell houses yourself, take a slice off everyone else who does.

Rightmove have recently added a lot more agents to their books - they won't be far off a monopoly soon - which is great for buyers as you can then access every property on the market in any area and get email updates as new properties are added. I hate to say it but it's a bloody good service.