House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
music man

Oppinions Please

http://www.home.co.uk/asking_price_index/HAPIndex_APR06.pdf

In this world we literally choose what to believe amongst the sh1te, hype and spin.

So I want to believe this chart and home.co.uk have reason to promote the downward trend in their analysis with fact and not spin or emotion attached. Coming from the East I like what I see and am also amazed that London's down 3.2% since May '04.

After all the hype as well. The House market is a dead duck and the V.I.'s are the Monty Python script writers. :lol::lol:

Edited by music man

These stats are unfortunately now out of date.

For the most recent release in June 06 go to this link and download the latest report which shows a nasty upward kink in asking prices through May and June.

Their final comment in June report is:

Comment Two consecutive months of house price increases suggests that sellers’ confidence is on the rise. Set against a backdrop of price stagnation and sliding prices for most regions over the last year, observers may wonder what has brought about the sudden upturn. It is reasonable to suggest that Sellers have been encouraged by seasonal factors and remarkably positive comment from several market indicators (e.g. Halifax HPI [April] and reports of increased sales volumes in Q1 by the HM Land Registry). Note: The inclusion of a growing number of homes valued over £1M is likely to affect the aforementioned market data. The availability of credit and the current hold on interest rates also serve to the support current housing demand. However, as high value regional markets such as Greater London and the East of England show poor performance for Q2, it is likely that the overall upturn in Asking Prices is mainly due to seasonal optimism, which may be cancelled out by price-cutting over the months that follow. Two further macroeconomic causes for concern: A rise in inflation and the slowdown in the US housing market- ominous developments for an already troubled UK market. In conclusion, despite a small overall gain, the figures presented indicate an uncertain outlook for the UK housing market.

Looks good enough to me - a REAL reality check free of VI spin, nice find. Just watch the graph shoot down even more once the first rate hike appears.... looking good thus far if a little slow :angry:

Fine by me too. 'Seasonal Optimism' is a nice quote and the V.I. spin has fuelled it. Seems to me that they are losing the battle. The Oil tanker analagy is true to this market.