House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sam

Hardly Any Of You Really Get It, Even Your Protesting On Hpc Is Contolled

Most of you people really do not get it, very few of you REALLY can see what has and is happening in the UK.

You are a Governments dream, you sit behind your pc's protesting to each other day in and day out, month after month, year after year, and most days even turning on each other, it is pathetic.

Again no, house prices SHOULD'NT be so expensive, we as a nation SHOULD'NT be taking on such huge amounts of debt, and property prices SHOULD'NT by every economic rule and commonsence be holding up, but they are.

There are a lot of things in life that SHOULD'NT happen(far worse than UK property prices), but they do, and the longer they continue the more excepted it becomes, starving children, slavery, mass murder, it is all happening today, people become so accustomed to the wrongs of the world that they will sit in front of the tv scratching their balls as they watch a child starve to death.

Tyrants, corrupt Governments, wrongs and injustice have been defeated in many cases, but not once did a wrong suddenly correct itself, it took a person or persons to stand up and FIGHT, can any of you imagine someone like Hitler suddenly deciding after 2 years of war announcing to the world "Do you know what, i think i got this wrong".

I will let you all into a secret, the UK is your Land as well, there is no rule that says that only the homeowners have the power and control, there is no rule that says that if 70% of the population want something(in this case HPI) that the rest MUST rollover and die, you really have to say to yourself i want i little bit of land, it is my right.

The great believers in market forces will say that the markets will correct soon, well i do not think they will, i honestly believe this Government keep most of us just short of land in order to control the property market, allways keeping demand greater than stock.

As is quite rigtly said, there is no point protesting for lower house prices, high HPI has now become a drug to many, but what you can start fighting for is MORE LAND.

Or, you can all continue logging on here for years on end, but here is a tip to how much you are achieving, if police are not knocking on your door, if riot police have no urge to batter you over the head with a big stick, if Tony Blair is not condemming you on TV, if helecopters are not flying overhead as you protest you are getting nowhere.

I have seen signs on HPC that enough is enough, in my eyes the likes of Marina have the right idea, there are with all the members on this board suely a few dozen that can begin what could be a REAL protest for a just cause.

Sam

oh dear :unsure:

Idiot. Why not just shut up if you nothing constructive to offer?

Most of you people really do not get it, very few of you REALLY can see what has and is happening in the UK.

You are a Governments dream, you sit behind your pc's protesting to each other day in and day out, month after month, year after year, and most days even turning on each other, it is pathetic.

Again no, house prices SHOULD'NT be so expensive, we as a nation SHOULD'NT be taking on such huge amounts of debt, and property prices SHOULD'NT by every economic rule and commonsence be holding up, but they are.

There are a lot of things in life that SHOULD'NT happen(far worse than UK property prices), but they do, and the longer they continue the more excepted it becomes, starving children, slavery, mass murder, it is all happening today, people become so accustomed to the wrongs of the world that they will sit in front of the tv scratching their balls as they watch a child starve to death.

Tyrants, corrupt Governments, wrongs and injustice have been defeated in many cases, but not once did a wrong suddenly correct itself, it took a person or persons to stand up and FIGHT, can any of you imagine someone like Hitler suddenly deciding after 2 years of war announcing to the world "Do you know what, i think i got this wrong".

I will let you all into a secret, the UK is your Land as well, there is no rule that says that only the homeowners have the power and control, there is no rule that says that if 70% of the population want something(in this case HPI) that the rest MUST rollover and die, you really have to say to yourself i want i little bit of land, it is my right.

The great believers in market forces will say that the markets will correct soon, well i do not think they will, i honestly believe this Government keep most of us just short of land in order to control the property market, allways keeping demand greater than stock.

As is quite rigtly said, there is no point protesting for lower house prices, high HPI has now become a drug to many, but what you can start fighting for is MORE LAND.

Or, you can all continue logging on here for years on end, but here is a tip to how much you are achieving, if police are not knocking on your door, if riot police have no urge to batter you over the head with a big stick, if Tony Blair is not condemming you on TV, if helecopters are not flying overhead as you protest you are getting nowhere.

I have seen signs on HPC that enough is enough, in my eyes the likes of Marina have the right idea, there are with all the members on this board suely a few dozen that can begin what could be a REAL protest for a just cause.

Sam

Good for you Sam. I assume you're young? Do you have any friends that you could rally? Sad thing is - it won't take much. Look at the publicity Fathers 4 Justice got just by putting on a fancy dress costume and climbing a crane.

Get a gang of you together and let the media know you will be picketing Phil and Kirsty's office. It's in Fulham, heart of the media. Boy, I'd love to see one articulate young person with a microphone under his nose point out that ...

'property is far too important to be allowed to be an investment'

'we have been priced out of the property market by middle class BTL landlords'

'look at the effect it is having on the birth rate'

'look at the massive borrowing against the equity in houses - a ticking time bomb - higher interest rates will cause misery throughout the country'

'look at the second-home ghettoes created throughout Devon and Cornwall'

'we as a generation are demanding the Government heavily tax second home ownership - in particular BTL properties - to give young people the same chance their parents had to buy a house and have a family'

And, before the tossers crawl from their supine positions to say 'Ah but Fathers 4 Justice didn't achieve anything' you have to be told - you are talking rubbish! Every time a family court sits now, the judge has the father's rights a lot further up the agenda than he used to.

I would tone down the riot police stuff. It frightens people and is counter-productive. Gandhi proved that peaceful protest is the only effective protest.

Edited by Marina

I agree with "Oh Dear"

Sometimes with a post you just don't know where to start.

So you're another one that should have stayed in the begging position and not responded. It's bad enough being completely negative etc without pouring scorn on someone who wants to have a go.

I can see you as a woman in the suffragette days 'You want the vote dear! I don't think so - we ladies are not supposed to concern ourselves with such matters. Leave it to the men dear.'

Oh, well, hope you enjoy the yoke for the rest of your life moving from one rented place to another at the whim of the landlords. 'Leave it to the landlords dear, they know best how to manage the property market for us.'

Pathetic.

Again no, house prices SHOULD'NT be so expensive, we as a nation SHOULD'NT be taking on such huge amounts of debt, and property prices SHOULD'NT by every economic rule and commonsense be holding up, but they are.

The great believers in market forces will say that the markets will correct soon, well i do not think they will, i honestly believe this Government keep most of us just short of land in order to control the property market, always keeping demand greater than stock.

As is quite rightly said, there is no point protesting for lower house prices, high HPI has now become a drug to many, but what you can start fighting for is MORE LAND.

Or, you can all continue logging on here for years on end, but here is a tip to how much you are achieving, if police are not knocking on your door, if riot police have no urge to batter you over the head with a big stick, if Tony Blair is not condemning you on TV, if helicopters are not flying overhead as you protest you are getting nowhere.

Sam

I'm with you on this one.

There are some genuinely sound people on this forum, and a lot of tossers. If the shoe was on the other foot they'd be loving it, instead they're just bitter it's not them with the BTL.

So, there is no way any of this group is going to stand up and declare relative poverty if front of the nation. Status anxiety runs deep in the veins of the average Brit, have to keep up appearances you know.

Sad a spirited post is met only with derision.

I think sam hit the nail on the head in paragraph one . . .

"Most of you people really do not get it, very few of you REALLY can see what has and is happening in the UK.

You are a Governments dream, you sit behind your pc's protesting to each other day in and day out, month after month, year after year, and most days even turning on each other, it is pathetic."

Whether his solution is right is open to debate, but silly comments do not a debate make.

I agree with "Oh Dear"

Sometimes with a post you just don't know where to start.

At the begining <_<

Seriously. "oh dear" offered nothing constructive as a second post. It put a real dampner on Sam's original post. Sam is making a call to action and "oh dear" (someone is getting angry at an injustice.) doesn't help.

Well Sam that's as 'out there' as anything I've read on HPC. As I recall you were asking RB to 'tone things down'....rather puts you in the hypocrite category.

I think you have too much faith in the government's abilities. They simply cannot control the global economic climate.

Campaign all you like but I think time will show that you will be pushing downhill!

Good luck.

:)

I think you have too much faith in the government's abilities. They simply cannot control the global economic climate.

But they can infleunce it. usually for the worse :(

What are you protesting about?

Do you want social housing?

Asset prices are based on the last deal. So as long as two people can agree a price then that is the quoted price.

Gordon Brown can sustain current conditions for a while, but the UK is a place on Earth and is implicated by global events. Many of which are out of our control, or will you protest be aimed at the BIS? What do you want exactly?

Well Sam that's as 'out there' as anything I've read on HPC. As I recall you were asking RB to 'tone things down'....rather puts you in the hypocrite category.

Campaign all you like but I think time will show that you will be pushing downhill!

Good luck.

:)

Bo11ocks!

The government have the power to relax planning laws, especially those for energy conserving low impact dwelling using alternative building techniques. We all know why they won't. Not everyone want an investment portfolio, just a place of their own.

You're comparing the horrors of Nazi Germany, the slave trade and mass starvation with mildly expensive houses in a rich Western country - seriously, get a grip <_<

I've mentioned a few times that I'd like to get a protest going but spearheaded by the PricedOut campaign.

I haven't had any interest.

I'd like to do something like a 'camp out', put tents up somewhere like Richmond Park for Londoners, town centre greens, near Council offices, that kind of thing.

The PricedOut campaign ticks most of the boxes but the guys over there don't want to take it mainstream and get some proper publicity.

You're comparing the horrors of Nazi Germany, the slave trade and mass starvation with mildly expensive houses in a rich Western country - seriously, get a grip <_<

Do you honestly think that the average person in nations that had slavery or 'ist government knew that they were? In Stalinist Russia the average person whent about their life as per usual. Occasionally people would go missing and as all good sheeple do they kept quiet. One of the most vocal opponents of the fascists running the US came from a totalarian society and can see the writing on the wall. Wake up, it's happening right now.

Rich western nations are only rich on paper. The average person is not rich. We are told that we are and we believe it. Rich? don't make me laugh. I'm seeing sheep bust their hump for some shiny bits of chrome and shoddily built homes that won't stand the test of time.

You also mentioned starvation. Checked out the nutricianal (sp. due to bourbon) content of your food lately?

:P

The time is right for real poltical action, marches, rallying points, if you don't fight for your liberties you simply don't deserve them.

This is a far bigger issue affecting many more peoples lives than other issues, and so has a massive potential for disruption, than the Iraq war etc.. However, because there are no local groups of people who meet together on this theme, there is little protest culture - so far.

Interesting to look at the anti-globalisation movement and see just how they manage to organise, and what structure they take.

The organisation of the anti-globalisation rally is to promote a short term target - a summit, poltical meeting or other event with the aim to delay or disrupt the proceedings.

This gives a meeting point and ensures media coverage.

Dispite being a minority within the country, these anti-Iraq and anti-globalisation groups are based around 'affinity' groups in which local people, from diverse interests get together and unite forces for a cause. (picture the few new age hemp wearing hippies and other diverse left-wing sects in your town, and muliply that by 30,000 or so communities) These local units of a few protesters often with divergent beliefs are the fundemental strength of the movement.

These groups then send representatives to a central meeting point, often ad-hoc and last minute, and they then choose a target, diseminatting this via internet/cell phones.

The anti-globalisation rally in Edinburgh.

800px-EdinburghProtests5.jpg

250,000 people protested for several days in Barcelona in 2002.

It is clear from this picture, that local organisation and meetings in groups needs to take place regarding the horrific houseprices and ID card legislation, once that has occured, it would be more a question of controlling radicalism, rather than worrying that people wouldn't turn up.

Gordon Brown can sustain current conditions for a while, but the UK is a place on Earth and is implicated by global events. Many of which are out of our control, or will you protest be aimed at the BIS? What do you want exactly?

Build more houses including houses, not just flats. Building on green belt - there is plenty of it.

Regulate lenders. Too much mortgage fraud but nobody cares about it, self-cert, lending multiples too high etc

Tax 2nd home ownership

Tax BTL. How can FTBs compete with BTLers leveraging equity to use as deposits and getting tax breaks?

Less immigration or at least controlled immigration with immigration targets like other developed coutnries. Currently we have a 'no limits' immigration policy putting too much demand on houses (and other services)

How's that for a start?

What are you protesting about?

Do you want social housing?

Asset prices are based on the last deal. So as long as two people can agree a price then that is the quoted price.

How many more times?

No to social housing.

Yes to restrictions on second home ownership so that the limited stock in this country can be spread out more fairly.

If you have planning policies that choke building new homes as families grow etc - then it is PATENTLY UNFAIR TO ALLOW SOME MEMBERS OF SOCIETY TO OWN 5 HOUSES.

It's not rocket science. It doesn't need a huge recession or rises in interest rates - which will hurt you more than the homeowners - it just needs some legislation to tax second home ownership out of existence.

I've mentioned a few times that I'd like to get a protest going but spearheaded by the PricedOut campaign.

I haven't had any interest.

I'd like to do something like a 'camp out', put tents up somewhere like Richmond Park for Londoners, town centre greens, near Council offices, that kind of thing.

The PricedOut campaign ticks most of the boxes but the guys over there don't want to take it mainstream and get some proper publicity.

Local groups form the organisation and moblisation backbone of any real protest movement. Nearly everyone I know is affected by this horror, and are worried about the police state to come, a simple bout of leafleting to gather contacts - names, addresses and telephone numbers, and then arrange local meetings about the issues, could form the first groups.

Build more houses including houses, not just flats. Building on green belt - there is plenty of it.

Regulate lenders. Too much mortgage fraud but nobody cares about it, self-cert, lending multiples too high etc

Tax 2nd home ownership

Tax BTL. How can FTBs compete with BTLers leveraging equity to use as deposits and getting tax breaks?

Less immigration or at least controlled immigration with immigration targets like other developed coutnries. Currently we have a 'no limits' immigration policy putting too much demand on houses (and other services)

How's that for a start?

Absolutely spot on. Let's say it again for the supine.

1) Regulate lenders

2) Tax 2nd home ownership

3) Tax BTL

4) Restrict immigration

Personally, to keep it simple, I think number 3 is the one.

Tax BTL out of existence and release those properties for young people to buy.

Local groups form the organisation and moblisation backbone of any real protest movement. Nearly everyone I know is affected by this horror, and are worried about the police state to come, a simple bout of leafleting to gather contacts - names, addresses and telephone numbers, and then arrange local meetings about the issues, could form the first groups.

I think the best place to start such a protest is in Devon/Cornwall where the impact of the 2nd home has been huge.

I'm free anytime in Sept if anyone wants to join me in my tent?

is marina a man with a girls name.

or just so far up the d.e.b.t. s.h.i.t.c.r.e.e.k with out a paddle he hates us all.

Don't lump yourself in as though you are part of some wonderful majority on here.

Look, if you haven't got anything constructive to say about the subject, why not just SHUT UP?

Edited by Marina