House Price Crash Forum
The Colour

Are people in the UK getting thicker?

My (usually right) fiance reckons that not only is the number of people not procreating dropping due to high house pricess etc, but that more importantly, of those who do procreate, many are thick and uneducated. The reasonning behind this is that the cleverer ones wait until they think they can afford it (ie when they're 45) before having kids, whereas the thickos just sh*t them out onto the lino (a la Monty Python's Meaning of Life).

Is she right do you think?

Edited by The Colour

A century and a bit of compulsory schooling hasn't helped either... even the smart kids are beaten down by the school system.

I think your right

People with no sense of responsibility/consequence are, natrually, doing 'what they feel like' regardless of their finances

People who monitor their financial situation now and in the future - sometimes deciding NOT to have kids because of it - are now being squeezed because of real inflation

I suppose it comes down to how much you can tollerate - dragging up kids in squallar is not for me...

I think it you are making remarks without getting your facts right. Myself and my husband have 4 children, we are both professionals and we do not live in a dump. Depends what you want out of your life ,you have the choice of having children OR having everything else.

I think it you are making remarks without getting your facts right. Myself and my husband have 4 children, we are both professionals and we do not live in a dump. Depends what you want out of your life ,you have the choice of having children OR having everything else.

???

....try doing that on benefits - which is the choice some people make....

My (usually right) fiance reckons that not only is the number of people not procreating dropping due to high house pricess etc, but that more importantly, of those who do procreate, many are thick and uneducated. The reasonning behind this is that the cleverer ones wait until they think they can afford it (ie when they're 45) before having kids, whereas the thickos just sh*t them out onto the lino (a la Monty Python's Meaning of Life).

scary and true... Look around you at work for thirty year olds with kids..

Now look around for 40 year olds with teenagers..

Then step back and think about it..

Now drive round new build estates looking at the socially housed.. Rothmans dangling and three dirty kids playing..

Do the maths.. scary stuff

Now drive round new build estates looking at the socially housed.. Rothmans dangling and three dirty kids playing..

If you've been brought up in 'minimal' household you've got no other frame of reference - that's why some people don't think before they have kids - everything is provided (albeit at a minimum level)

Edited by dnd

Do you think that when people discuss these things in general terms that they refer to you?

I think the point is that there are too few people like yourselves.

The ballence is swinging the wrong way and that is a concern…

Would it be insulting if I wrote

"As a man I can not be a burden to others, and if I were to have children I would never expect my neighbour to pay toward my costs of raising them"

Kudos

I think the original post is right. The middle classes especially the educated ones

amongst us are being outnumbered by the trash be it white, brown & black.

This country has gone to the dogs.

I think the original post is right. The middle classes especially the educated ones

OHHH, F****CKING YAWN. Just have to get colour into it - can't discuss something without getting colour into it.

The back of me neck is red today from being in the sun all day yesterday, but I'm still not a redneck. You are.

If we lived in dickensian conditions with no adequate housing, no heating, no schools, no social services, no paid holidays, no sick pay, no pensions, no financial support, low mortality rate, abuse a normality:

or lived in civil war torn, famine ravaged, aids ridden scrubby desert with nearest water 10 miles away;

Then I would agree that having children was possibly not the best course of action.

Not having children because it is far more important to 'keep up with the Jones's'???????????

I would consider this to be more a 'choice' than a forced necessity deserved of sympathy.

If everybody in the history of the world had waited to increase their family only when the 'time was right' I would hazard a guess that the population would be somewhat diminished from todays figures.

I've got 2 kids.

We're highly educated (both of us).

What a crass and stupid thread of mainly gormless unsubstantiated replies.

Does this translate;

"I am my own child"'

& both own banjos!?

I've got 2 kids.

We're highly educated (both of us).

What a crass and stupid thread of mainly gormless unsubstantiated replies.

Most people wait until the time is right, or they can afford it.

This is not dickension times. Look at what is happening around you. You have kids.. Well done.. And I presume that as you are talking down to me you are not accepting any form of government handout I have contributed to.? Which is admiral.. I cannot afford to do the same, I would require some financial help from the government.. I would hardly turn toward someone like you, raising kids on their own… and expect your taxes to help me..

"House prices trebble, people put of having kids… many staggered that this is the case proclaim that there could be no correlation.." is a headline not even the sport would publish

If we lived in dickensian conditions with no adequate housing, no heating, no schools, no social services, no paid holidays, no sick pay, no pensions, no financial support, low mortality rate, abuse a normality:

or lived in civil war torn, famine ravaged, aids ridden scrubby desert with nearest water 10 miles away;

Then I would agree that having children was possibly not the best course of action.

In those conditions you would have as many kids as you possibly could.

They are the support mechanism which might see you through to old age.

There are plenty of intelligent well educated middle class people who have poor emotional intelligence, narcissistic personality disorders and consequently rip off and con all the sheeple.

Apparently the average IQ in the UK is 110 (the IQ is a measure of intelect based on an average of 100 by definition!) More people are graduating from university than ever before, and A-Level students get so much better every year they have had to make a new grade A* !!!

Those are the facts, the rest is just subjective!

In those conditions you would have as many kids as you possibly could.

They are the support mechanism which might see you through to old age.

Sharing, caring society, indeed!

Well said, Fagin! Break their arms & legs & blind a couple, they'll be worth loads more begging on the streets.

Apparently the average IQ in the UK is 110 (the IQ is a measure of intelect based on an average of 100 by definition!) More people are graduating from university than ever before, and A-Level students get so much better every year they have had to make a new grade A* !!!

]

Emotional Intelligence (EQ) matters more than conventional intelligence !! :blink:

http://www.bullyeq.com/eq%20and%20education.htm

Theres more to it than that. The instinct to reproduce is one of the most powerful. While it would be better for everyone to get an education, get a proper job,save for a deposit on a place suitable to raise children, etc.,etc. Somtimes, it doesnt work like that. Biological urges are difficult to repress and will ultimately get the better of most people.

Also, there is the issue of unaffordable housing. For some people, 'avin' a baybee is the only way to get somewhere decent to live. Rather than blaming people for doing what in any other country is perfectly normal - ie. having kids - I think the blame lies with a system which traps people in benefit dependency, as immigration and the high cost of living have made a life on benefits more attractive than doing a minimum wage job.

I save my ire for Gordon and his halfwitted colleagues.

Having lots of bits of paper saying you are clever does not mean you are clever!

Persuading lots of people to stay at school till they are very old by regularly giving them lots of bits of paper telling them they are very clever:

because if you didn't the dole queues would be huge & nobody would vote for you:

Now THAT'S clever!!

On this basis & the premise that clever people breed later in life, ol' TB will be poppin' 'em out well into his 70s.

faince - faincee

pricess - prices

reasonning - reasoning

Which of you is the cleverer?

ABB