House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BayAreaBear

A Question From Bayareabear

Only long time visitors will know that the BAB has posted here for many moons a price chart of houses priced in gold. In the opinion of BAB this is the most important chart. When I first posted these charts there was some interest. Lately I detect that the "tone" of this forum has changed and that the charts are not viewed as informative.

If you liked my posts and charts say so now because the response to this post will determine if I continue to share my research here.

BAB

BaB,

you have to realise that the forum is going through some change at the moment. Also, the WORLD CUP was a massive distraction to this site. By all means post data that you feel is relevant to a HPC in the UK. As they say, when "America sneezes, Europe gets a cold". I personally don't understand how house prices in relation to gold are correllated??? That may be me being thick, but you need to explain why it's important?

TB

Edited by teddyboy

If you regard gold as a useful benchmark these charts are useful. If you regard it as largely an irrelevance then these are not useful.

Trading your house into gold is a highly risky strategy, and most housing bears might agree with this. It STR on steroids. You might win big, or you might lose the lot.

Before doing anything like this one should do substantial research... and I don't mean reading the websites hosted by the gold bulls! This is a market where there area some vested interests as big as in property, and some big players who just love to suck small speculators (lets be clear its not investment) dry.

As for detractors, there is at least one crazy person who posts under hundreds of names, and a few dozen other "trolls" (not to be confused with bulls) who will do anything to snipe at the site and cruelly upset people. I suggest putting them all on ignore as each one reveals themselves.

How do you put someone on Ignore? Sounds like a good idea.

AS far as charts go - post away if you feel like it. Anyone who really can't stand them can just put you on Ignore!

Seriously though, it helps when people explain the charts clearly and what they think the charts are revealing. It also gets tiresome when people keep posting the same old chart (or list!) over and over again.

Guest The_Oldie

If you liked my posts and charts say so now because the response to this post will determine if I continue to share my research here.

BAB

Yes please, every piece of the jig-saw is important :).

Good to hear from you BAB. Yes, please keep us posted--also on the housing situation in the City by the Bay. I am still watching my old home town San Diego and see that PMI listed Carlsbad-San Marcos (where I used to live) as THE most at risk area in the entire US!

When CA (the world's 9th largest economy) sneezes America catches a cold and Europe gets the Flu. :)

Show me the chart ! Show me the chart !

Hail the mighty Bab -- Has the UK stalled below 400 ounces yet ? Or would you only regard < 300 oz as a buy signal ?

So many questions ................

Only long time visitors will know that the BAB has posted here for many moons a price chart of houses priced in gold. In the opinion of BAB this is the most important chart. When I first posted these charts there was some interest. Lately I detect that the "tone" of this forum has changed and that the charts are not viewed as informative.

BAB

Gimme data BAB :D

Guest Bart of Darkness

Please keep posting BAB, as teddyboy says, there have been changes in the forum of late, plus the World Cup factor to take into account.