House Price Crash Forum

Hpc Confidence Index Jul 06

HOLA441

The HPC confidece index was set up at the beginning of NOV 05.

Its purpose is to provide a MOM indication to monitor changes in sentiment of the members of this site by answering YES/NO the question below

DO YOU THINK THAT HPC (the event) IS DELIVERING TO YOUR EXPECTATIONS?

Current indicators are as follows (positive means the HPC is going well - sentiment improving)

CURRENT FIGURE ***PLUS 10.87%*** IMPROVEMENT OF 13.45% ON PREVIOUS MONTH

figure is derived as balance of people voting YES over 50%

figure monthly change

NOV O5 -3.74

DEC O5 8.95 12.69

JAN O6 -6.93 -15.88

FEB O6 -4.39 2.54

MAR O6 -5.45 -1.06

APR O6 -16.15 -10.7

MAY O6 -2.58 13.57

JUN O6 10.87 13.45

see attachment for graph

endjun06.doc

endjun06.doc

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA442

Do people really think that there is a property crash coming and they can see sings of it coming along nicely? I've been on this site for a year and prices in my area have gone up 7% since I joined.

I voted for No again this month. Sold signs everywhere in my area.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA443

Do people really think that there is a property crash coming and they can see sings of it coming along nicely? I've been on this site for a year and prices in my area have gone up 7% since I joined.

Ditto, although interest rates do appear to be rising globally (including some UK rates). It does bode well for the future, but I've been saying that for along time......

HOLA444

House Prices are once again a hot topic in the national news as this link reports from today.

Makes for interesting reading especially if you are a sceptic like some whose posts I have read with disdain

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/busine...ges/default.stm

This link states that parents are supporting 40% of FTB's in the current market.

Nice subsidy if you can get it.

Thanks for a great forum

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5145090.stm

Sorry I got the date wrong as I was looking at the main page date.

I was getting a little too excited as the link attached is a few weeks old so apologise if it has been included elsewhere on the forum.

I do not have enough time to read all the posts

HOLA445

This thread is dying on its feet, 3 moths ago it was getting 130-150 votes a month - that figure has now dropped to about 50 making it pretty meaningless and volatile. If anybody else out there wants to pick up the gauntlet and run this poll to try to capture the mood of this site then please do. I will not be posting a poll for august.

Keep the faith

IB

HOLA446

This thread is dying on its feet, 3 moths ago it was getting 130-150 votes a month - that figure has now dropped to about 50 making it pretty meaningless and volatile. If anybody else out there wants to pick up the gauntlet and run this poll to try to capture the mood of this site then please do. I will not be posting a poll for august.

Keep the faith

IB

That is a shame IB. It was quite interesting. Well done for trying, for what it is worth I voted each month and actually looked out for your poll, but it seems appathy, as usual, as got the better of it :(

House Prices are once again a hot topic in the national news as this link reports from today.

Makes for interesting reading especially if you are a sceptic like some whose posts I have read with disdain

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/busine...ges/default.stm

This link states that parents are supporting 40% of FTB's in the current market.

Nice subsidy if you can get it.

Thanks for a great forum

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5145090.stm

Sorry I got the date wrong as I was looking at the main page date.

I was getting a little too excited as the link attached is a few weeks old so apologise if it has been included elsewhere on the forum.

I do not have enough time to read all the posts

Very interesting artical. It could be that some parents may actually go down with there children if the cost of borrowing goes up significantly. So much for setting a good, prudent example <_<

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

House prices are going to keep rising forever and we are all going to live happily ever after! :huh:

HOLA4410